Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Default I notice but no one else does?

I've lost 4lbs in the last week and a half, and cut a few inches off my frame. My pooch looks almost completely flat and I'm not bloated like usual.

But when I ask my DH if it looks flatter, he asked if I wanted an honest answer. He said no.

This is where I get confused about weight loss and the body and perception. I'm noticing all these changes, but someone who sees me every day -including people I work with see nothing.

Does anyone have the same issue and know why this is?

Last edited by schubunny; 01-31-2013 at 09:40 AM.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #2  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Most people won't notice your weight loss until you've lost at least 20 pounds. People that see you daily will get used to the gradual weight you lose and not notice it as much as someone who only see's you occasionally. Don't feel bad about it. At least you know you're losing weight.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #3  

Congrats on your weightloss so far!

Some people get nervous to say anything, esp. to a woman, about weight. I wouldn't take it personal, just keep doing what you are doing and as you lose more, it will be so obvious that others will HAVE to say something!

And husbands...there doesn't even have to be an explanation for them!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 11"

My guy says he doesn't feel a difference, even when I've lost like 30 Ibs - the only time he ever said anything about my weight was the first time I was on ww and was at my lowest 180Ibs - he told me I was getting too skinny. Other than that, he never says he can tell a difference when I ask. On the one hand it's frustrating, but on the other hand it's comforting: it means that he always sees me the same way - beautiful.

I'm sure your guy feels the same!
Ready2Lose2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #5  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Yeah, it is funny, but I don't think they notice the things we think they do. (Like was said above - it's comforting and not at the same time.) It's not that he doesn't see the loss, but he didn't notice it as larger before. I understand wanting that validation, but I think you'll have to accept your own visions for now. As for people other than your SO, they generally don't comment until they are SURE you've lost weight. They probably do notice a little bit, but just haven't said anything. It's kind of like asking a woman if she's pregnant - it's a land mine and you don't want to be wrong. I got a lot of "You look great today" or comments on my shirt or hair before they finally realized that it was weight loss. Even after they really notice, a lot of people don't say anything because they don't know what to say, so they compliment something else on you.

Last edited by BeachBreeze2010; 01-31-2013 at 09:58 AM.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Unknown/Unknown/105

Height: 5'2

Well it's only been a week and a half! Give it some more time to really see a difference. I saw something on tumblr the other day I'm not sure if I have the time frame right but it went a little something like this: It takes 4 week for you to see a difference, 6 weeks for friends and family, and 8 for the world to see it. Lol that feels wrong but it will definitely take more than a week and half for other people to notice the positive changes
Jessieeehuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #7  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

I'm buying some new pants this weekend, hopefully in a smaller size, so let's see if I can't get a compliment. If not, I know I look good, so I'll just compliment myself!

I also get the hair compliments and things like that, even tho it's the same color for a month. Maybe it is the weight loss thing like BeachBreeze2010 is saying.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote