Old 01-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/255/199

Height: 5"6

Default In need of some advice

Hey y'all....
So I have been faithfully counting calories and eating healthy (even gave up coffee) for over a month...and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere! I am absolutely disgusted with myself....the scale isn't moving....I am quickly losing the motivation to continue my journey with weightloss....I have also been having nightmares about excess skin after losing weight....I have zero energy and I slept for 16 hours STRAIGHT....I am always exhausted....is it because my body is withdrawling from junk food? I drink water all day...and have also completely cutout sugar and bread from my diet....what am I doing wrong? I would love to hear what worked for y"all, also, I am not expecting a quick weightloss...but I would love to see 1-2 pounds per week....HELP!!!!
nichole87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

First I would make an appt for the dr for a full check up.
Second how many calories are you consuming a day? How are you keeping track?

I calorie count using MFP, about 1350 calories a day. So far it's been working.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #3  

I am currently eating 1500 calories a day, I also use MFP. I do have some health issues,. But my doc says it shouldn't effect my weightloss
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/204/140

Height: 5'

I just looked at your S/C/G weight and it looks like you are down 13 lb.. did you lose that all in the last month? If so, I would say that is a great loss and you should definately keep it up!

I know I was losing well in the beginning and then seemed to hit a wall for about a month. It is super discouraging, but I keep reminding myself how disappointed I will be in myself if I give up this easily. I think about a year from now when I will be alot smaller if I continue..maybe I won't be at goal weight but atleast I will be smaller than I am now.

Also, every time I start thinking I hate "dieting" i remind myself that this is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change and even if I don't lose a pound I am doing my body good by cutting down on sugars and carbs and eating more vegetables and lean meats, drinking more water, etc.

Keep it up, you can do it! Mind over matter. Just think how good it will feel to finally reach goal weight.
Lindsayanne716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #5  

Thanks so much for the advise, I haven't lost the 13 pounds in the last month...I just didn't want to weigh myself when I started my dieting...that is how much I weighed in oct when I went in for gallbladder surgery....I had no idea that I was that heavy....
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #6  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Maybe you could shake up the contents of your daily calories? If you're eating a lot of fruit and grains, you might try cutting those down a little and replacing those calories with veggies. Although both are "good for you", I think my body handles those types of foods differently, and with too much, even though I'm at my calorie level, I don't lose well.

A dietician once told me that all calories are equal. 100 calories of candy kisses is equal to 100 calories of broccoli -- baloney! I've never believed that! At least, it's not true with my body.

Hang in there... What a difference a day makes. If you wake up in the morning and have lost a pound, your whole outlook will change. It's funny how we're so dependent on that number. You just need to wait a couple more days. It's coming!!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #7  

Thanks for the reply awshucks, I absolutely agree with you! Everyone loses differently, I guess I will have to play around and see whatworks for me
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I wonder if you're eating too few calories. I weigh 194, started at 211, and currently am eating 1700. When I first started I was eating around 1800, which I stayed at till I got under 200 then I readjusted. I use MFP as well which gave me those numbers. It took me 2 months to lose that weight, I gained a bit back during a 2 week holiday this month and am just getting back on track. I'd play around with your numbers a bit. Sometimes it actually harms you to eat so little, which SHOCKED me when I found out!

Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you.

Last edited by Changergirl; 01-31-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #9  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole87 View Post
Thanks so much for the advise, I haven't lost the 13 pounds in the last month...I just didn't want to weigh myself when I started my dieting...that is how much I weighed in oct when I went in for gallbladder surgery....I had no idea that I was that heavy....
If you didn't weigh yourself at the start of the month of dieting, when did you weigh yourself to compare against the weight that you are saying isn't going down? Meaning when did you weigh yourself to get that 270 that is in your S/C/G - how long has the scale not been moving?
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #10  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Another thing I thought of... today a friend told me something she read in a book called "Skinny Rules." One thing the book recommends is to consume all of your carbs earlier in the day... No carbs (specifically grains) after lunch, so after about 2PM.

I remember someone else telling me their trainer recommend that, and it worked for her... she began dropping pounds again. It couldn't hurt to try. You don't have to cut anything out, really... just rearrange your day a bit.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #11  

In october I weighed 283, then I started officially counting calories jan1st, but the last 2 weeks of dec I was makng healthier choices. My first weigh in was jan 10, I weighed in at 270....weighed myself again today and I'm still at 270. No weightloss in 20 days
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Something else to think about is where you are in your cycle. Right before and during your period, when a lot of us girls are bloated we gain a pound or two or more and then it falls off soon after we're done.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #13  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Can you post a few days worth of menus? It seems with that low amount of calories there should be some loss. How much water do you drink? You can also try calorie cycling, which is having a range of calories from say, 1800-1400, 3-5 days you eat mid range and one day a week you cycle up and one day you cycle down. If you Google calorie zig zagging it should bring you to the website. (I'm on my phone so I can't search the thread).

Menu tweaking is an ongoing monthly basis for most of us. For me, I have to eat my fruit in the am, or I struggle with wanting sugary snacks in the evening. I also read somewhere that fruit sugars should be eaten in the am to allow your body time to process and use the sugars beneficially. Whole grains, I can easily over eat them so I only eat those after measuring exactly.

Lastly, if you've replaced your old meals with boxed 'healthy' foods, chances are you're eating more with the subconscious thought 'oh these are healthy, its OK. Think of your daily calories like your checkbook and get the most food for your buck
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #14  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I've seen on this board a lot of people comment that mfp is really low on calories. My friend who is smaller than me (still over 200) was eating 1300 a day. We checked her bmr with the harris benedict equation and she should have been consuming 1800 for weight loss. Try eating more? I know before I switched to WW, I was eating 2400- 2600 which is calorie burning zone according to my BMR + hbe (which said about 2700-2800).

Last edited by Daimere; 01-31-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #15  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Like Angihas2, I was going to suggest posting a few days menus - hopefully we can give some specific input to help tweak things a bit.

Hang in there though - I know how frustrating it feels to put in the effort and not see any result on the scale, but hopefully we can help you start getting some nice numbers!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote