Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/30/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #2  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

I am finding it so hard to stay OP this week. My period is looming (should have it tomorrow or Friday) which means I will have a sucky weigh in. I was really hoping to hit the 140s this week, but that is unlikely.

We have such a busy week a school and I am in charge of all the crazy activities that are happening, so I am super stressed which isn't helping. I just want to get to Friday afternoon

I hope everyone else has a fabulous OP day!

Last edited by GeauxTigers82; 01-30-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
I am finding it so hard to stay OP this week. My period is looming (should have it tomorrow or Friday) which means I will have a sucky weigh in. I was really hoping to hit the 140s this week, but that is unlikely.

We have such a busy week a school and I am in charge of all the crazy activities that are happening, so I am super stressed which isn't helping. I just want to get to Friday afternoon

I hope everyone else has a fabulous OP day!
Staying on any plan is mostly mental. As in, we do what we make up our minds to do.
Re-read what you wrote and look for the negativity and excuses.
Lots of people are busy and stressed and have monthly issues.

One of the things I've had to learn is to NOT have hopes for what weight I'll be but to just let the program work. The weight will get there.

You've done great so far. Just keep planning ahead because when we have a plan it is WAY more possible to stick with it.

So, to re-frame you could say:
We're having a very stressful week and I've had to diligently plan to stay on OP. When I get home at night, I'm extra tired but I don't sit down until I'm sure food for the next day is ready to go. In addition, my period is looming so I planned this snack (insert what works) to help with any cravings.

The scale is in my head this week but I'll let it be what it is because I know I'll be retaining water and it is not a true reflection of my fat loss.

And all of this will pass. I'll be less stressed AND THINNER soon!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/?/140

Height: 5'3''

Like button! I love the inspiration on this forum. Thanks ladies and gents.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8

I feel the same way I find every time my Tom lurkes around it just plays emotional games with my head -- side question? Are we allowed frozen veggies ? Or am I best to stick to fresh?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #6  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinie89 View Post
I feel the same way I find every time my Tom lurkes around it just plays emotional games with my head -- side question? Are we allowed frozen veggies ? Or am I best to stick to fresh?
Morning! I like getting the steam fresh veggies, the kind that steams in its own bag. It is so much more convenient for me while i am at work, just make sure it's not the kind that has sauce or butter

Worked early today....early for me at least lol. Im used to going in at 11 today i went in at 7:30 so my system is all out of wack, im not hungry but had some coffee this morning. might wait a little bit before having my breakfast shake have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

For those that are experience any hair loss, I have been taking "Vegetal Silica" and haven't had any problems. It's an Orthosilicic Acid that is for healtyh skin, hair and nails. I purchased it at Whole Foods.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Good morning, Dinie,
The first time I was on IP, my coach/doctor allowed frozen veggies. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be allowed. Frozen retains all the vitamins. I buy small bags of organic, frozen veggies at Whole Foods (spinach, broccoli, cauliflower) and stash it in the freezer for those nights when you get home from work and just can't wash/chop and cook fresh veggies. It never affected my weight loss.

Geaux Tiger-RE: TOM...whatever you are craving, try to substitute it with IP doctored products. I love cookies...so guess what I do with the pudding packs during PMS or I will have the IP choc chip cookie. Candy cravings could be satisfied with IP bars or soy puffs and salt cravings could be satisfied with the savory IP snacks. Your starting weight is close to mine and I am so excited to be where you are right now! Good luck and keep OP-you are doing amazingly well!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/221/150

Height: 5'6"

yeah - Aunt Flo is visiting this week, and I actually seemed to have gained a couple of pounds. Did not realize it was due to that, do these extra pounds go away with Flo?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
For those that are experience any hair loss, I have been taking "Vegetal Silica" and haven't had any problems. It's an Orthosilicic Acid that is for healtyh skin, hair and nails. I purchased it at Whole Foods.
Thank you for the info-I will get that. I have never experienced hair loss on IP, but the threads have scared me that I am more than willing to start taking something to help. I am on IP to lose weight for pregnancy and get healthy for life, so I take organic prenatal vitamins, extra B12 and folic acid, calcium, potassium and pure Omega 3's. So far, my skin, nails and hair are healthy, but that could change after a few months on IP.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meena View Post
yeah - Aunt Flo is visiting this week, and I actually seemed to have gained a couple of pounds. Did not realize it was due to that, do these extra pounds go away with Flo?
Yes; as long as you follow IP phase 1 protocol throughout your TOM, there is no way you cannot lose fat. The water you retain during TOM will mask your fat loss, but you should see the scale go down post-TOM. Hang in there, use the packets to get you through and stay OP!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ipeeps,

Well, it is like a spring day here today and then back to winter tomorrow, very strange weather.

TODAY was WI #4 and I was down 3.0 lbs, which is a huge loss for this post meno, hypothyroid Ipeep.... so happy, I had wanted 10 lbs gone for the month of January, but I am pleased with 8...

For those with cravings, last time I did IP and this time also, Dill Pickles are my best friend, along with herbal tea to beat the in-between hunger. Have a great day.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Frozen veggies have actually been found to be more nutritious in some cases than fresh, because they are frozen immediately after picking. Regardless, frozen veggies are perfectly fine to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by meena View Post
It will, just like your pre-dieting Aunt Flo bloat would go away when she left You just weren't watching the scale as closely before! Water retention is the worst, but that's all it is - drink plenty of water to help flush your body out, and it will go away once Flo packs her bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
TODAY was WI #4 and I was down 3.0 lbs, which is a huge loss for this post meno, hypothyroid Ipeep.... so happy, I had wanted 10 lbs gone for the month of January, but I am pleased with 8...
Way to GO!!!! I'm a hypothyroid girl too, once I was diagnosed I seriously never thought I'd get my weight under control again. So nice to know that was just a myth!!

Had my WI today, down 2.2lbs!!!! That puts me 1.2lbs from goal!!! (I feel like a soccer announcer.... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!)
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Frozen veggies have actually been found to be more nutritious in some cases than fresh, because they are frozen immediately after picking. Regardless, frozen veggies are perfectly fine to use

It will, just like your pre-dieting Aunt Flo bloat would go away when she left You just weren't watching the scale as closely before! Water retention is the worst, but that's all it is - drink plenty of water to help flush your body out, and it will go away once Flo packs her bags

Way to GO!!!! I'm a hypothyroid girl too, once I was diagnosed I seriously never thought I'd get my weight under control again. So nice to know that was just a myth!!

Had my WI today, down 2.2lbs!!!! That puts me 1.2lbs from goal!!! (I feel like a soccer announcer.... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!)
No Kidding GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL, you have done such an amazing job with lots of positive input, well deserved goal, match!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/138/130

Height: 5'-4"

scorbett1103 great job on hitting your goal!
Closed Thread