General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Weigh Down Diet?

Has any one tried the Weigh Down Diet?..by Gwen Shamblin It's promise is to: eat what you like.. rise above the magnetic pull of the ref.. conquer your focus on food.. escape the slavery of dieting. I have just begun to read it..BUT then one thing I have learned that I feel is soooo important..is DO WE REALLY KNOW WHAT TRUE HUNGER IS? I don't. This book's appeal to me is by knowing and acknowledging TRUE HUNGER we can not only lose weight but for us to learn that is what "eating in balance" is all about. Eating because our body needs FUEL and learning/feeling the difference between food hunger and thirst! Most overweight humans eat when we truly are not hungry. I know I do!..I want to begin to become so intune with my body. That I know that I am feeding myself for nutrional purposes, not just because I feel bad..and food feels good!!!

Any advice or heads up on this plan approach would be appreciated as I will start to implement tommorrow!
Old 09-30-2003, 01:12 PM   #2  

Skinny4baby,

I'm not sure, but I think this is a diet program my church looked into sponsoring. If so, it is a bible based program.

If you are wanting to start tommorrow, I think the book has passed the ultimate test... yours. Good luck to you.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:07 PM   #3  

Hi! I did the weigh down workshop about 8 years ago. It was the only thing that worked for me. I had tried just about everything. It just teaches you to eat when truly hungry and to turn to God for all of your emotions(mad, sad, bored, lonely,etc.)I lost about 65 pounds on the program. You wait until your stomach actually growls before you eat and then stop when you are satisfied not STUFFED. I never watched the types of food I ate or anything like counting calories or fat grams. I kept this weight off for about 5 years. I had a hysterectomy and gained about 30 or 35 pounds in the past 3 or 4 years. I have tried to lose it by other methods again(eating healthier and walking). I just thought the other day that I need to get my books back out and re-read what all I did back then. Maybe your post will get me back on track !! I know we should go to God for everything and that even means our food. He cares about us soo much. He just wants us to turn to him instead of the frig or cabinets!! Do you have the cassette tapes or just a book??? Good luck !!! Be sure not to eat anything until your stomach growls and write down how long you went before it finally did. I was amazed how long it took for mine to growl. I guess I had filled it completely. I would love to hear your progress. Maybe I will get away from all these man-made rules and diets and start on my journey out of the wilderness!! Thanks
Old 09-30-2003, 03:45 PM   #4  

Hello lilmuffin...thank-you so much for your reply..I have been spending time today reading the book. Do you have the tapes?..I think it would be great to have them on tape!..65 pounds..WOW!..I am extremely impressed with this book!..If there is anything that can help us..IT IS THE LORD ALMIGHTY!...I pray that he will have mercy on me..and give me strength to overcome this overeating!..I am beginning to have alot of physical problems so I have to stay focused and make this work!

What is so hard for me ..is that I actually FEAR hunger?..My childhood I was left alone alot and I turned to food for comfort and ate out of boredom. So this will be very difficult for me to face feeling hunger. Feeling hunger equals lonesome and boredom feelings for me!..But how can I even begin to try to say concentrate on something such as a "low carb" diet (which I think is the lifestyle plan I need)..when I can not even feel true hunger?..This is a step I need to conquer first..I think maybe this has been my main problem all along..that and emotional eating..which goes hand in hand with fearing hunger!!

I would love for you to give it a try with me!!!..And we can post our progress here.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I edited the title of this thread since it started as just a question and is now your "support group" for this plan. Good luck ladies!
Aphil
Old 10-04-2003, 08:34 AM   #6  

Skinny4baby,

Hey! I just came home from the camp for a few minutes so I thought I'd check in. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Had to bring my daughter out to go to a youth trip today. I'm heading back to the camp later and we are cooking fish and squirrels(if they kill any) lol, and I know there is going to be coconut and chocolate pies for dessert, along with choc. chip cookies. I know it is ok to eat if I'm hungry but I just hope I can stop soon enough. That is the hard part. Well, I guess I better go wash the dishes I left yesterday!!!! Send your address and I'll get that workbook out to you.
Closed Thread