Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Default Support for "slow" losers

Hello,

I rarely post -- obviously---- , but wanted to offer my support for those of you out there who feel like you are "slow" losers. I would definitely include myself in that category. BUT, I have now lost 55 pounds. 55 pounds!!! I have gotten adjusted to the fact that my losses are small -- I have been doing WW since July of 2011. At first, I was terribly frustrated and disappointed. But I just kept going. One day at a time, one week at a time. I lose between half a pound to 3/4 of a pound per week. If I lose a pound in one week, it is an unusual week.

I am now (mostly) happy with the fact that my loss has been slow. I have had time to adjust emotionally and physically to all the changes going on.... my eating style, physical and emotional changes, etc....I know how it feels to hear about people who drop two pounds a week and reach where I am in half to one third the time it took me. BUT, you know what? 55 pounds gone! And I am still going. We cannot control how our body will react and the rate at which we will lose. But I am comfortable with the way I am eating and I know I can sustain it. And my body will get to the goal I have set eventually. So, please keep going. Don't stop. No matter what. And, by the way, I have never "perfectly" followed the WW plan, but I keep going and doing my best. That is all any of us can do. So thank you for the support I get by reading your stories. And you CAN do it!
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your loss and thank you for such an encouraging post!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #3  

Awesome 55lb weightloss! Many studies I have read say that the slower you lose the weight, the more likely you are to be able to maintain the loss.

Your post is very encouraging and inspirational for me!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #4  

Love this post. I am not a 'slow' loser inherently, but I have times of non-compliance that make losing more difficult (obviously). But I totally believe what you have said about giving yourself time to adjust. It makes a huge difference.

And CONGRATULATIONS on Onederland!!!! What a great milestone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #5  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

What an awesome post. And thanks! I am doing WW with my sister and it drives me absolutely insane that she can lose 4+ lbs in a week and I have to be content with 1.

Just keep going. Don't stop.
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #6  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #7  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Thank you for those encouraging words, and a BIG congratulations on your loss!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #8  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

I am definitely a slow loser and I have finally began excepting it
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #9  
Starting over Spring 2011

Thanks, everyone. I hope it did help inspire you. And, believe me, if I can do it, you can. And thanks for the congrats. Yeah, it was awesome hitting the 100's!
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

That's really awesome! It never hurts to have the support. I kind of needed to hear that today, I was feeling like it wasn't going to change me if it wasn't fast enough, so thanks.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #11  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Wow, 55lbs? Well done!! Also, well done for persevering with it so well

I really needed to hear this right now. I'm not a slow loser as such, but I've had a slow week. And my head's not in the game at all. I've lost 9lbs so far, so although I've been doing this for 7wks, and I feel the benefit of the 9lbs that have gone, I look the same. I'm in the same clothes. I'm looking forward to the day I can SEE the benefits I'm getting as well. I'm not dieting, as that sends me half insane, all the rules... I'm just trying to be healthier and form new habits that will last for life. The mental part of it is the hardest. Constantly being mindful of whether I'm hungry, how my food makes me feel, why I'm eating what I am... It's just hard when life gets in the way. But life does and will continue to get in the way, and I have to learn to adjust. I started Intuitive Eating to combat my negative attitude to food and to myself, just as much as to combat my excess weight. It is no eat all the donuts you want free for all! Soooo... I'm not sure exactly what I need to do next. Weight loss is a very personal journey for each of us, and I know I can't force it too hard but... I wish I could.

Thankyou for understanding where I'm at
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #12  

Congrats to you, and congrats for being able to stick to it and keep a positive attitude! I started over this month at 251 and now am at 243.4. I've been perfect since I started too, no binges. The weight is not coming off as fast as it used to, but I'm not going to give up.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 327/239.6/199

So nice to know that there are other "slow losers" out there! I've lost over 75 pounds and I'm now stuck. I have to believe if I keep doing what I'm doing that I will continue to lose over time. I think my body needs to get used to its new size. Hormonal issues are not helping. I want to have as positive an attitude as you do!
Unicorn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #14  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

It took me a while to accept the fact that I'm a slow loser. Even when pushing my very hardest with staying on plan and exercising, I typically average a one pound loss per week. And as for the span of my entire weight loss journey since 2004, I've averaged a .03 pound loss per week. Sounds pretty insignificant until you realize that means I've lost nearly 140 pounds!

You still get there with a slow loss. And it's much better than giving up simply because you can't lose "fast enough."
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #15  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Woohoo!!

Reminds me of this quote, "Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." ~Robert Brault
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote