Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #30

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #30

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:25 AM   #2  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday. Let's target the hunger side of weight loss. We have talked about it before, but each time you are hungry, don't just give in to it right away. Give yourself some time (at least 15-20 minutes) to see if it is real hunger or just a response to something like stress, boredom, etc. Work on this aspect of your weight loss this week. You will be surprised just how many times you DON'T eat when you wait it out.

Morning ladies. I can't post much as I have so much to try and get done to get the house back to normal. Here is a pic of the four of us at Harry Caray's on Sunday. I have to say I looked pretty good that night and it was fun being taller!

Check in later.

Faye
Old 09-30-2003, 07:58 AM   #3  

Yeaaaaaa........WELCOME BACK FAYE!!!! We missed you around here, but I'm sooo glad you had such a fabulous time.....YOU DESERVED IT!!!

I'm curious, since you haven't updated your stats lately, did you make your birthday goal? If not, you must be darned close! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

So here goes my last points posting--
I got 4 for yesterday, FINALLY... for me.
Lisa gets a
Dorothy gets a and a for the day before (I think....my brain is kinda fuzzy)
Amanda gets a

CONGRATS GIRLS.....I can't believe how incredibly important those little smilies are for making you get all your points! Faye, thank you so much for doing this little thing for us every day!!!

My body aches all over, and I feel like I did something funky to my hip......last night's class was difficult to teach. One of my students suggested it might be a vitamin/mineral deficiency since I haven't taken my vitamins in about a week. I think she may be right. THere's no other explanation that I can think of!

Well, The kids are yelling at me to get in the car........so, I'll check back later,

Julie
Old 09-30-2003, 08:20 AM   #4  
I Can and I Will

WELCOME BACK FAYE!! I am sooooo glad u had such a wonderful time... u do deserve it!! I got all 4 yesterday!! You guys look great !!! My brother did a fabulous Harry Carry...lol he was known for it! LOL I am also glad the cubbies gfave u such a nice gift for your bday!! LOL Did u have that planned??
Hope all is well with allof u! I am feeling better... not quite normal yet but better... and well enuf to exersice!! yeah!
Take care of U and i love u all...

Sandy
Old 09-30-2003, 08:46 AM   #5  

Morning again,
Ok, I got on the scale this morning......didn't weigh in on Friday cuz of TOM, but couldn't wait until next Fri......

I've lost another 4 pounds this week!!! I broke the 230 mark and am now somewhere around 228/229 (it's hard to read our scale). Now, while I'm thrilled at the loss, I'm also a bit confused. I really am only trying to lose 2 pounds per week. Am I setting myself up for a massive stall later on? Am I losing too fast? Or should I just not look a gift horse in the mouth?? I guess there's just no pleasing some people, huh?

Glad you're feeling better SandyB.

I've discovered the joys of spaghetti squash!!!

Later,
Julie
Old 09-30-2003, 09:08 AM   #6  
I Can and I Will

CONGRATS JULIE!!! woooooohooooooo!! u deserve a WTG! for that!! Hey would u care to share the joys of spaghetti squash?? i love squash but have never tried that one. My vegetarian friend used to cook it and serve spaghetti sauce over it and tell her kids that was spaghetti... they loved it! LOL I am interested in trying new foods... I am sooo proud of u for losing... me personally?? i would just be happy its gone... not worry about it being too much... it will even out over time.. it always seems to...lol
Have a great day...
Sandy
Old 09-30-2003, 09:32 AM   #7  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome back Faye! We missed you - although Julie did a fantastic job filling in for you.

Happy Birthday Faye - 50 years young!!

Glad you had a great trip!

I got 4 points yesterday - I'm trying to get to the gym every other day so I'll get in 4 sessions this week.

Congratulations Julie on your 4lb loss! - I wouldn't worry about it - make the most of it! Perhaps you were due a big loss after some slow weeks? or maybe it was just after your period and you've lost alot of water retention?. Anyway - well done!

Take care girls!

Love Amanda xx
Old 09-30-2003, 09:57 AM   #8  

Good Morning All,

Faye! Welcome Home!!! We missed you. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a marvelous trip. Have only passed through Chicago, would love to go and stay a while....
Great picture! You are looking goooooddddddddd girl!

Pts for yesterday: all 4! yippppppppppppppeeee! 2 pts for program 1 for water and 1 for exercise, took a 20 min walk around the neighborhood, the weather was delightful! and I did the 2 mile WATP video, feeling

Can't stick around, have an appt with my Dr. just follow up, and have to get my prescriptions for the next 3 mos. Get to weigh in too....YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T FEEL LIKE I HAVE LOST MUCH SINCE THE LAST TIME, BUT WHATEVER IT IS, I WILL TAKE IT!! EVEN IF IT IS JUST ONE OUNCE!

Check in with you all a little later
Old 09-30-2003, 10:16 AM   #9  

Julie-WTG!! Hope ur hip feels better.

Faye- you look great in the picture...thanks for sharing.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:32 AM   #10  

OUR HAPPY LITTLE GROUP IS CHUGGING RIGHT ALONG: OUR 4 POINTERS SO FAR TODAY ARE:

PAM
AMANDA
SANDYB
JULIE

Someone ask me about my birthday challenge and no I missed it, but that is ok. I am going to really start kicking butt!

Julie: Don't freak about rapid weight loss if you are staying on your program. Sometimes it does come off fast.

Thank you to everyone for the beautiful birthday wishes. It was one of the best birthdays I have ever had. Chicago is a truly magnificent and beautiful city. If you ever get a chance you should visit.

Well girlies, I am hearing the laundry continually calling.
Later!

Faye
Old 09-30-2003, 02:06 PM   #11  

Hello Girlies,

I am down another 1.6 lbs, that brings my total to 40 lbs gone forever-yippppppppppppppppppeee

Check back in with you lovelies later, time to get moving.

Toodles
Old 09-30-2003, 02:14 PM   #12  

WTG Pam
Old 09-30-2003, 04:10 PM   #13  

WE PAUSE FOR A MOMENT OF SILENCE AT THE DEMISE OF 40 LBS, GONE FOREVER..... OK, THAT'S ENOUGH. WOO HOO PAM YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Faye
Old 09-30-2003, 05:51 PM   #14  

That's awsome Pam!!

Ok I stayed O/P today, exercised and drank all my water. Everyone is doing so good I'm really glad to be a part of this thread.

Lisa
Old 09-30-2003, 06:33 PM   #15  
I Can and I Will

AWESOME PAM!! U ROCK! AWESOME PAM!! U ROCK!

I think that says it all... lol!! U go girl!!

Sandy
Closed Thread