Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203 / 189 / 140

Height: 5'3

Default Medifast Blues

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this site and new to Medifast.

I've been on Medifast for 12 days now and have only lost 4 lbs.

It's been very difficult sticking to it since the food is borderline disgusting and I've cheated a bit with croutons and cheese in my salads.

Anyone else who can share their woes on this plan or words of encouragement?

Thanks
Veronicali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 159/158/135

Height: 5' 6.5"

I'm not sure which of the MF meals you are eating, but not all of them are disgusting. The good news is after you cut out all the unhealthy carbs, your tastes will change. I can tell you that Medifast is based on a low carb lean protein diet. Extra cheese adds fat/ calories and croutons are probably the worst with the added carbs ( which prevents you from ketosis ).

Try sticking to the plan for just 5 days. No cheating. Drinking all of your water. You'll be amazed how much things will change if you can get through the first few days. Good luck...you can do this!!!!
Gkm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 159/158/135

Height: 5' 6.5"

BTW...I cheat too...primarily with wine. Have decided to have days with no cheating...then reward myself with an off day. I realize this is slowing my weight loss, but think it is more manageable for me long term.
Gkm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #4  
Wish me Luck

S/C/G: 330/16/200

Height: 5'10"

Try 100% on plan with no cheating and no additions. Also, make sure you are drinking all your water as well. I have a measured bottle that I drink out of so I know if I have three in a day I'm good. I usually end up having more than 3 though. I've been on plan 100% and I'm getting results with no exercise.

Are you exercising? You shouldn't until you start losing consistant weight and then when you add it make sure it isn't intense or more than 30 minutes.

I think the food isn't that good, but it's a diet so what can ya do really?

Pancakes and Mac & Cheese are highly disappointing to me. The eggs are good in my opinion, even better if I scramble them in a pan instead of microwave.

I just counted and I have 19.4 days left worth of Medifast food. I am staying on the plan because I am getting results and I'm happy to put the work in, but when this food is gone I'm mainly ordering shakes, bars and maybe some brownies. They are the best tasting to me and they do fill me up and give me my chocolate fix. I get the ready to go shakes and just stack them in the fridge for a quick meal.

Good luck! Don't get discouraged. You have lost weight and more will come off :-)
FatinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #5  
On the Medifast Plan

S/C/G: 260/201/176

Height: 5'4"

They say that you need to be 100% compliant for the first month of the program, at the very least. Try (I know it's difficult--lean on celery and bullion cubes and pickles) to do it and make sure you drink at least 100 ounces of water. I think the momentum will get you through it.

Also, your tastes will change and the food will never be "good" but it gets less gross.
dunebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203 / 189 / 140

Height: 5'3

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am now on my 3rd week and have lost 10 lbs. I'm pretty disappointed sine some of my friends have lost a lot more than me but, I will persevere and move on forward.
I ordered my 2nd shipment and have ordered the items i like most so far.
Veronicali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Definitely don't cheat...this is as much about learning discipline as it is losing weight. Try to go a month 100% on plan.
crazycatlady33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #8  
soiltosoul

S/C/G: 262/231/200

Height: 5'9"

so.. I had problems with buying the medifast food my body doesn't lose weight with artificial sweeteners. It's not unheard of. There are lots of people who when they eat the chemical sweeteners their body will slow weight loss considerably! You might be one of them. check out diymydiet gives all the information you need to do medifast at home on your own without buying the food. it was really worked for me.
soiltosoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #9  
Married to Medifast user

Quote:
Originally Posted by soiltosoul View Post
so.. I had problems with buying the medifast food my body doesn't lose weight with artificial sweeteners. It's not unheard of. There are lots of people who when they eat the chemical sweeteners their body will slow weight loss considerably! You might be one of them. check out diymydiet gives all the information you need to do medifast at home on your own without buying the food. it was really worked for me.
I like this link. (except it is too not to!). My husband is on Medifast and has lost almost 60 pounds since 1/4/13. I have about 30 pounds to lose. I have IBS and major digestive issues. The problem is my safe food is simple carbs and a lot of days in winter I am too sick to exercise so I have gained almost 40 pounds in 7 years. In the summer I farm and get lots of exercise but not enough to break the cycle.
So I want to do something fast like he is and thought maybe I could do medifast and when I get D it will just be more weight loss. But I hate the crap in food like that. I want to eat the same lean and green meal as him but eat better food during the day so I liked this diy plan. I can't believe fruit is allowed! Anyway I wish there was more info. Like a person would have to go through all the menus and write down the items so they can know what is acceptable. I guess I will start.
Little Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote