Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default For Those of You Who Started at 220+

How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter?

How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size?

How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight?

I know the answers vary for everyone, and wanted to see what others have experienced.

I personally "feel" lighter having lost 8.4 pounds. I do not really "see" a difference and don't feel like I could go down a size in clothes yet.

The feeling "lighter" at this point could be because I am stronger now that I have exercised every day for 24 days straight!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #2  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I've gained all of my weight (and then some) back but when I lost it all before I had started at 250 and felt lighter at about 215. At that point I think I was a size 16/18 ish and had gone down at least a pants size or two and felt pretty confident I was going to lose it all.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

It was almost 2 years ago when I started so the memory may be a little shaky but if I recall correctly, I finally felt and saw the difference at about 20lbs lost from 226 to 206ish, only because I was able to finally fit in a size smaller. The cool thing is as you get smaller, it doesn't take as much losses to get down another size. Even better if you lift or do some body composition exercises.

24 days straight? Wow, you are AWESOME! I would love to try to be 100% on exercise for 30 days straight.

Last edited by amandie; 01-24-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typo
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

I wish I knew what the scale said the last time, but I was not weighing. I do know that I had dropped into a tight fitting 14, and felt lighter. More bounce in my step.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
24 days straight? Wow, you are AWESOME! I would love to try to be 100% on exercise for 30 days straight.
I'm actually shocked myself! LOL! I have seriously never been so dedicated in my life! I do find myself getting antsy by 10am if I haven't gotten my work out in! Join me! Hahahaha! You, too, can be a daily 'ciser! Hahahaha!!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

I felt lighter after like only 7 pounds!

I had to lose about 25 pounds to go from a size 18 to a size 16.

I could see a difference after about 15 pounds.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I started at 242. It took about twenty pounds to go down a size. I went from 16 to 14. It took about 25 pounds for people to notice. I still don't feel lighter, I still feel/see the same.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Started at 257, I'm thinking I may be around the 244-245ish mark at my WI on Sunday, which will put me at or right near a 5% loss. I can definitely feel a difference physically, especially in my knees. It's no longer painful to go up and down stairs, and I also no longer get winded going up a single flight of stairs, even quickly.

Personally, I take a very long time to drop clothing sizes - like 35-50 lbs. I don't mean that clothes that start off snug (but not too tight to wear) don't get looser (but not too loose to wear). But to legimately need to move down a size, I don't expect to see that until the 2-teens.

Physically, I can see small difference, but sadly, not a good one - my skin is already visibly more saggy. But I'm sure things will firm up at least a little bit as I go, and esp. as I start increasing my exercise.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Snow View Post
Started at 257, I'm thinking I may be around the 244-245ish mark at my WI on Sunday, which will put me at or right near a 5% loss. I can definitely feel a difference physically, especially in my knees. It's no longer painful to go up and down stairs, and I also no longer get winded going up a single flight of stairs, even quickly.

Personally, I take a very long time to drop clothing sizes - like 35-50 lbs. I don't mean that clothes that start off snug (but not too tight to wear) don't get looser (but not too loose to wear). But to legimately need to move down a size, I don't expect to see that until the 2-teens.

Physically, I can see small difference, but sadly, not a good one - my skin is already visibly more saggy. But I'm sure things will firm up at least a little bit as I go, and esp. as I start increasing my exercise.
Are there ways to deal with or lessen the sagging skin issue? I'm so worried about that myself. I know we can't afford to have it surgically remedied later. I am currently only walking for exercise.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I think it took about 30 pounds for me to feel like there was a difference you could see. After that, it came in small flashes. One day my wrists would seem smaller. Then maybe it was my neck. Then my fingers. It seemed to go like that.

Loose skin is most likely going to be there in some degree. It's better than tight skin with a ton of fat under it.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Well, I started at 292 and probably felt lighter when I got into the 260's. Lots less pressure on my joints, and that's when I needed to go down a size, so that probably helped. I could see a difference after the first 10, though, because it all came off of my face and I lost the full moon look that I'd been sporting for some time.

I was probably about 225 when anybody other than my husband said anything. I'm sure people noticed but it's awkward to say something when the person is still pretty darn big.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #12  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWolf View Post
How many pounds did you lose before you "felt" lighter?

How many pounds did you lose before you knew you needed a smaller size?

How many did you lose before you could physically see a difference, no matter how slight?

I know the answers vary for everyone, and wanted to see what others have experienced.

I personally "feel" lighter having lost 8.4 pounds. I do not really "see" a difference and don't feel like I could go down a size in clothes yet.

The feeling "lighter" at this point could be because I am stronger now that I have exercised every day for 24 days straight!

Ravenwolf, needing new clothes for me has always been 'pushing the envelope'. I have bought things, even w/o needing to and bought too low so that I had to pile together a bevy of 'skinnier' stuff ( which has been nice to use as measurement)...all that being said, I really didn't 'feel' lighter until I dropped lower than 212. For me that was about 104 frm my beginning.I think your extra amount of fitness is certainly a benefit to your overall progress. keep up the fantastic job!!

Last edited by avalonmoon; 01-24-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #13  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
I think it took about 30 pounds for me to feel like there was a difference you could see. After that, it came in small flashes. One day my wrists would seem smaller. Then maybe it was my neck. Then my fingers. It seemed to go like that.

Loose skin is most likely going to be there in some degree. It's better than tight skin with a ton of fat under it.

Lin
I started at 230 and this was pretty much my experience. It was about that time that I could have gone down in size as well, but I chose to hold off for a good long time so as not to go bankrupt.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 283/245/200 (for now)

Height: 5'3"

I'm down from 283 and I STILL don't feel different. =/ I'm one of those unfortunate people who couldn't tell they got fat either! I'm hoping another 20 lbs will do it for me. =D
Betba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #15  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Having lost about 20 lbs so far, I can't feel or see much difference. Some pants are a little bit looser, but not so much that I could get the same pants in a smaller size if you know what I mean... Hoping to notice some change soon
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote