Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/134/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Somebody stop me

Okay, I know I am probably acting like a crazy person so hopefully someone can talk me off the ledge.

I started IP on Monday at a weight of 138 (I'm short). Tuesday morning, I weighed 136.5. Wednesday morning I weighed 134.5. This morning, no additional loss. This afternoon, with all my clothes on, I weighed 138.

I know, I know, I'm not supposed to weigh myself every 10 minutes, but I can't help it, I'm excited/scared.

Is this normal???
Cleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #2  
Started IP 11/28/12

I have to also resist the temptation of weighing myself everyday, but I do occassionally. I generally am about 3 lbs heavier in the afternoon than I am in the morning with clothes on and I have found that my clothes weigh approximately 2 lbs at any given time. So if I weigh in afternoon with all of my clothes on I would expect that by tomorrow morning I would be 5 lbs lighter than my afternoon weight.

But of course this is just me, everybody is different.

Good luck and if you're following the program as specified by your coach, you lose weight.
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #3  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I weigh myself every morning and sometimes I hop on in the afternoon but not every day. I just had my 2nd WI today so like you I too am excited. I'm down 8 lbs in 2 weeks based on my coach's scale (10 lbs based on my weight at home this morning) but I also had my breakfast and drank quite a bit of water before going to my weigh in. I'm happy with 4 lbs a week anyhow and honestly I can already feel the difference.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Step away from the scale!

It's normal to go up in weight during the day. Just think about all the water and food you are eating, versus weighing on an empty somach in the am. Also your weight can go up, down or stay the same day to day.

If the scale is stressing you out, don't weigh daily. Stress does not help with weightloss.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #5  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Have someone hide it on you and bring it out once a week only!!!

When my DH was doing the diet with me in the start of January - I swear he weighed himself every 2 minutes! I have FINALLY come to the point in my life that I do NOT live by that d@mn thing! But of course, he got me caught up in too and I'd get upset when I didn't see the loss, freak out when I saw a gain, etc.... So after DH was off the diet (he only held in 2 weeks) - I had my son hide it. Now I weigh in only with my coach once a week.

RESIST THE URGE!! You'll become obsessed, honest!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #6  

I weigh daily because in the paste when I didnt that is when I started gaining and didnt want to face it. Luckily for me the batteries died in my scale this week and i haven't replaced them yet. I will replace but will stop weighing everyday. Maybe 2-3X a week maybe less
My weight fluctuates as much as 7 lbs in any given week. Dont stress out about the ups and downs and you will be fine
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

I agree--hide it! I have done so much better when I only weigh once a week. Sometimes I am happy when I weigh, sometimes not. However not obsessing over it makes me feel better every day! The weight loss does not seem to be linear and weighing daily sets you up for frustration. You may stay the same for several days then the "whoosh" everyone talks about happens and 3 pounds are gone. Just don't do it!
gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #8  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

I weigh myself all the time, but I know my weight can change after 5 min (I was testing to see what pants to wear to weigh in LOL)

Just don't get obsessed with it or worry about it, if you follow program you are losing weight.

Last edited by Calisto; 01-24-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Normal? Yes. I do it every other day!!! You can do it as long you don't let the numbers on the scale dictate your mood. (That's hard to do.)

I'm in a little reboot right now (have 16 - 11 to lose) and I try to guzzle a glass of water as soon as I get up, because I won't weigh-in with anything in my system.

When I was in maintenance going on it so often would sabotage me b/c if it went down enough after a "fun" day I would give myself permission to have more junk. (Now look where I am..)
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Have someone hide it on you and bring it out once a week only!!!

When my DH was doing the diet with me in the start of January - I swear he weighed himself every 2 minutes! I have FINALLY come to the point in my life that I do NOT live by that d@mn thing! But of course, he got me caught up in too and I'd get upset when I didn't see the loss, freak out when I saw a gain, etc.... So after DH was off the diet (he only held in 2 weeks) - I had my son hide it. Now I weigh in only with my coach once a week.

RESIST THE URGE!! You'll become obsessed, honest!
LOL!!! If I asked my husband to hide it I would end up in a fight with him demanding it back!!! I had him stash some of my candy in his safe and we have gotten into arguments because I would want my candy and he would say no!!! Good idea though, if you don't have control issues (like me)!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

The ironic thing about weighing daily (hourly, minutely...) is you can only do it if you can be unconcerned about and unphased by the results. But many of us who weigh daily are anything but unphased by the results. I've finally given up weighing daily. It really isn't worth the stress it causes when you retain a little water, etc. If you had something with a little extra sodium, or it's near TOM, or the planets aren't aligned right, the scale will register a higher weight but it really means nothing. I agree with whoever said give someone else your scale
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #12  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

I leaned the hard way, do not do it. Once a week, same time every week
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #13  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

My original "weigh in" outfit weighed 1.4 pounds (that was summer). Now my "weigh in" outfit weighs 1.6 pounds. Yes, I actually weigh the clothes. Now, feel saner? LOL!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
My original "weigh in" outfit weighed 1.4 pounds (that was summer). Now my "weigh in" outfit weighs 1.6 pounds. Yes, I actually weigh the clothes. Now, feel saner? LOL!
LOL!!! That certainly makes me feel better!!!

I go nearly naked...tank and underwear...I once took the tank off thinking it would really help!!! Good thing I weigh in the basement with all windows covered!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #15  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Normal? Yes. I do it every other day!!! You can do it as long you don't let the numbers on the scale dictate your mood. (That's hard to do.)
Agree! lol

The one weigh in I was wearing jeans and normally I wear slacks and I was saying how I was sure my jeans weighed more. My lady was like, well some people come in and strip down to their undies... I was like WHAT?? lol I don't think I could strip, even at the doctor's office! lol
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote