Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #1  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Default My Beard

Apparently I have quite a bit of hair on my chin. I never realized how much was there because I always pluck those suckers out at the first sign but recently I've had to let them grow in because I've been getting electrolysis. There's no point to the electrolysis if I've already plucked them out.

I just thought I'd share that with all of you as I'm sitting here rubbing my chin. UGH.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #2  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I have a beard, too. I shave mine; I know everyone says "NO NO NO DON'T DO THAT!" but I really don't want to have to grow it out to get it waxed or something like what you're doing. I KNOW no guy is gonna want a bearded woman!! So to the razor blade I go. Quick, easy, painless!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #3  
Finally in control.

mimsyborogoves - I shaved sometimes too but I've been plucking this thing for years. Allegedly it will all be gone in another month or so.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #4  

I got electrolysis a few years ago (8 or 9) but I ended up getting most of the hair back.

I underwent laser hair removal 2 years ago and I am loving the results much more. I need a touch-up, but it feels great to not have to shave my face or underarms every 45 minutes.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #5  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

I'm so bad it's more like sasquatch's cousin. lol I use
a lady remington and tweezers. One of these days
laser treatment will be the end of those little pests.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I just shelled out money yesterday on Groupon for laser hair removal treatments. Mine is awful. I'm so terribly self conscious about it I feel like it's impacting the quality of life, even more so than being over weight. I do not go out without make up to help, it grows so fast. It's never smooth either. Bothers me so much!

We do not have a good option for electrolysis within 300 miles so, laser it is! I really, really hope it helps as I seem like a good candidate, very light skin and dark hair.

ETA: I'm super excited! I have my first appointment on Saturday so we'll see how it goes. If it works I'll have gotten a great deal.

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 01-24-2013 at 01:49 PM.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #7  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I have a beard that I have to shave every morning complete with a five o'clock shadow by end day. I had professional laser treatment done, but the hair grew back very quickly for me. I was also in high school, and my hormones were still completely out of control. I don't know how well it would work now.

I have found this thing works wonders: http://www.triabeauty.com/home-laser-hair-removal

It's not as strong as a professional laser treatment, so it takes more "sessions," but it's so nice to be able to do the treatment in the comfort of my own home. It's also pricey, which really worried me when I bought it, but so far my review of it is very positive. I can't speak for anyone else's results, however. I remember letting some one not only see but touch around my face where my beard is was absolutely horrifying when I was a teenager. I had crying spells on the drive home every time. I really don't want to walk back into the place that does it around here if I don't have to.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #8  

I completely understand. I am very paranoid about keeping my hair down to try to hide it, I feel if my hair is pulled back it calls attention to it. I always keep make up on hand to try to cover up and I hate when my husband accidentally touches me anywhere close to there.

The thought of someone being that close to the area does freak me out which is why I haven't done it to date. But I'm at the point where I'm tired of hiding it. I use to be able to do my hair at night (curly) then get up and do make up, etc. Now I HAVE to take a shower in the morning to take care of my issue! It just SUCKS! Even if laser doesn't get rid of all of it, I'll be happy with a reduction.

If all else fails, I'll look into the Tria. If Tria doesn't work, I'll add it to my pile of useless hair removal tools, creams and other equipment.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #9  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I thought I was a freak about this!! As soon as I hit 30, I started getting little witch hairs..then a few more..

Now I do the nair thing and use some moisturizer..It sucks And if I miss a hair, oh the sky is falling and I need to go home IMMEDIATELY.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #10  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I have a horrible beard, and it doesn't look like the tria will work because I'm so pale and my beard hairs (like my dad's and my brothers) are red. My skin is too sensitive for nair and it's too dark to grow out long enough for a waxing (unless I take time off work to grow it lol), so I shave.

My boyfriend teases me about it and it pisses me off to no end.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #11  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

My husband teases me too. But then I just call him chicken legs and he shuts right up. If not, then I start bawking at him and then he runs off.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #12  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

That's pretty much exactly what I do. We're both flawed enough that there's enough ammo for the "weird body part/thing" war in our house to go around.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #13  

Oh my god, I would die if my husband said anything. He doesn't even acknowledge it, which is fine by me.

My ex boyfriend, before my husband of course, made a drunken comment one night and that was the final nail in the coffin of the relationship.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #14  
Finally in control.

My uncle once made an offhand comment ,"Oh I didn't realize you had a mustache" and my boyfriend at the time responded, "Oh she bleaches it all the time". I didn't even know he knew.

Well I'm sorry that you ladies are all dealing with this too but it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I'm going for another electrolysis session tonight...wish me luck.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #15  

OMG feeling chin hairs grow in drives me nuts and I MUST PLUCK THEM IMMEDIATELY! I just think you have incredible restraint to wait that long.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote