Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy I am an emotional wreck

Good heavens, these hormones are really messing with me this month. EVERYTHING is making me cry.

Dr's/Pharmacy have messed up my prescription, making me to do their jobs while spending more money on meds to bridge the gap. I'm crying about it.

Yesterday I lost a battle with cheesecake and cried for two hours about how I have no control over my relationship with food.

I'm missing my daughter who is off to college, and I cry just thinking about her.

Coffee pot didn't come on this morning so there was no coffee when I got up. I wanted to cry, but kept a lid on that one.

Geez...does this get worse before it gets better???
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I hope things even out for you soon... I have no advice or insight, just a hug.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #3  

I have some days like that too, and even the crying makes me want to cry harder.

Hugs to you. I hope you have a good day today and take good care of you.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #4  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

I am not a 40 something but I think it is sweet that you miss your daughter I wish my mom was like that. You will be okay

Last edited by energie; 01-22-2013 at 10:35 AM.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I hate hormones with a vengeance. I hate it even more when I realize I'm being ridiculous because of hormones and there's nothing I can do about it except just cry some more out of frustration.... If I'm aware of it being hormones, I try to warn my husband that my ridiculousness is hormone induced so that he doesn't set me off more, but ugh!!!

And then, the hormones settle down and all is peachy again - the only difference from one day to the next is the hormones - double ugh!

Just try to get some sleep to not to the hormone's fuel. Sleep deprivation plus hormones is a lethal mix.

And don't beat yourself up on the cheesecake. it's over and done with. Just try to do better today.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #6  

Hang in there girl! I cry at commercials!
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #7  
Onward & Downward

*hugs* Moondance. I can completely relate to missing your daughter. My oldest and middle daughters are out of the house and out of state. Middle turns 21 tomorrow.

I agree with the others--forgive yourself for the cheesecake. I do think that sometimes we women just need a good cry. Hang in there!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Ahh, do I ever empathize with this post! I find I have days like this more and more often as my hormones fluctuate with wild abandon. I also relate to your DD, mine starts college this fall, and I get weepy just thinking about it!
One thing good though is it will get better as our hormones quit this crazy stuff! Stay strong
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I sooooo get this! Seems like for the last 4 months all I've been is one big blubbering vat of emotions, even when I don't shed a tear. I worry about H's health, I fight with his drs office & the county to get him help/prescriptions, & all the rest. Oh, yeah...menopause starting or is it?
Moondance we are here for you!!!! If we haven't been there, we know in most cases we will be there one day. Only thing on your list I won't experience is sending a child off to college, but I have been away from family for long periods of time. So I get missing someone so much it hurts almost physically.
RE: Daughter away at school
Why not go to some place like a dollar store & buy several just 'cause cards & mail one to her every few days? My mom did that when I was away at school & we found it helped both of us! I still have all the cards she sent! If you can send her "goofy gifts". Fun socks in a care package of much need supplies. My mom & sister said it helped them not miss me if they could put together little things to send to me...even if it was things from home. My favorite thing they sent was pics of "daily life" at home...my bros working on farm equipment, my cat curled up asleep on my bed, Mom's roses in bloom, Daddy napping with the dog AND cat. It was fun for them & a great treat for me.
RE: Pharmacies/dr. offices
DO NOT be sorry for their screw ups. Talk to someone in charge! You are talking about your health & pharmacies/drs. need to do their jobs & do them WELL. Needing & taking meds can mean the difference between life & death in many instances, maybe not yours, but that doesn't make it any less important/serious. What if they give you a med that you are allergic to?
Once you feel calm enough go to a supervisor with your receipts. Show him/her how the PHARMACY'S screw up cost you. Any supervisor/manager worth their salary WILL WORK with you! If not, see about transferring your prescription. $$$ can speak louder than words! Trust me! Been there, done that. **Note: Taking care of your health is serious business & if you have to be a B, be one!**
RE: Coffee Pot
Oh, technology. How often do we rely on it & it let us down? How often do wish we could toss that coffee pot/computer/cell phone/scales in front of a speeding bus/semi? We had one that would turn on, but it would leak out the top of the filter basket! UGH! I think it made it's way to the dumpster. I know starting the day without coffee is...almost impossible! But check it, make sure it's all set & hopefully tomorrow it'll DO IT'S JOB!! If not, the #4 bus comes by my place every 20 mins!!!
RE: Cheesecake
Forgetta bout it! It's done. It's over with. Get back on the wagon! You are worth it. I'd hate for you to be even more upset that 1 STUPID cheesecake was able to cripple you. Wanna toss that cheesecake in front of the bus also? I can arrange it!!!

To things improving!

Some things that helps with emotions bouncing around like jumping beans:
1. Nice hot relaxing shower/bath with a nice scented candle burning.
2. A nice long walk in a beautiful park. Exercise releases endorphins & being in nature helps to calm us. Seeing birds, squirrels, etc not stressing over life kinda puts things in perspective.
3. Tell your troubles to your pet. Stroke them & talk to them, they are awesome listeners & they won't share your secrets or gossip about you!
4. I often go out in the evening for about 5-10 mins & just look at the stars. It reminds me of just how beautiful the world is, that all things ARE STILL TOGETHER, & if your daughter does the same thing at the same time (maybe you're on the phone together) you won't feel so far apart. A "star date" perhaps?

OH! Breathe! So often when emotions are going bonkers we forget to breathe. Breathing helps us get enough oxygen to the brain, which we seem to lack when emotions or stress takes control. Step away if you have to, like into a bathroom, and just concentrate on breathing. I find if I inhale for a 10 count then exhale for a 10 count 4-5x...my brain seems to kick back in! WOO HOO!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Thank you all for your support and kind words. It means so much to me!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hugs!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #12  
3rd time's a charm!

S/C/G: 320/295/130

Height: 5'7"

I helps (me) to know you're not alone.

Sometimes I'll laugh (while crying) at the absurdity of what I'm falling apart about, or how mad I feel about something stupid like the shoe being just a little too far under the bed that I can't easily reach it and have to make just a little more effort than I wanted to to get at it...and how did it get under the bed in the first place?!

Some days, anything can set me off. It makes me appreciate the hormone-free moments all the more!
Espressowhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #13  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I am sorry u are feeling so down, I dread those times so much sometimes I think I don't enjoy the normal moments because I worry about my next episode. Just breathe and take it one step at a time. Eventually your funk will pass and if u are like me u will realize it was kind of silly. We are all here for u to vent to and hopefully help u feel even a little better and maybe smile!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote