Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 01/22/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by rissimo; 01-22-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #2  

Well I'm happy to report that my wi at home this morning shows that I have lost 2.4 lbs since last Thursday. Was worried that I would have kept that 2 lbs from when without thinking I put the spoon on strawberry jam ( not much on it) from making my daughters sandwich in my mouth. The things we do without thinking like licking your finger.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #3  

Well tried a lot of the food with the initial grab bag they sent me home with. Think today I will fill out an order form next week for 7 cappuccino mixes, 5 Puddings, 2 Omlets, and 7 variety of sweet restricted items! I didn't care much for the drink mixes, soups, or chicken dishes.

I wonder if I can make the puddings in advance and just keep them in the refridgerator? Plan on these being my M-F work breakfast, the cappuccino will be a daily late morning snack, was going to mix it with some decaf coffee to stretch it.

I plan on keeping a restricted item, sweet one, for desert a hour or so after dinner. The omlets will be for sat/sun breakfast. I had one this past weekend and liked it, the only problem was it made me crave Bacon!

I wonder if the morning star veggie bacon would be ok? Going to ask my coach! They are only 60 calories, have 0 sugar, 1g of carbs, 3g of polyunsaturated fat, 1g of monounsaturated fat, and .5g of saturated fat. From what I have read the poly/mono are healthy fats.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #4  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Default Not a real diet

Good morning

WI this afternoon!!!

Here's a site I found called Not A Real Diet. Give you detailed description and recepies of a daily menu. Seems great

Have a great day....my omelette is ready...gotta go

http://notarealdiet.tumblr.com/

Last edited by PepperTown; 01-22-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning!!! My NSV from yesterday? I bought 3 pairs of jeans two sizes smaller than I was 5 1/2 weeks ago!!! And they are all three different brands!!! I wasn't actually expecting them to fit but they did!!! Soo exciting!! I actually bought them at Goodwill since I didn't want to spend too much on jeans I will only be wearing for a month or so. I'm thinking I might wind up wearing size 6 when I reach my goal weight...I haven't worn size 6 since high school! WOW!!!

I am planning on doing Bikram yoga this afternoon. I suspended my membership for bootcamp/kickboxing for a couple of months but I don't want to stop moving in the meantime. I hope yoga doesn't slow down my weight loss...I know regular yoga prolly wouldn't but Bikram yoga is more intense. I guess I will see how I feel after class today before I commit to it...

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Trina- just finished reading the posts from yesterday afternoon. I had to chuckle too. Scorbett was right, 1 lick from the spoon isn't going to knock you out of ketosis. Just don't let it become a habit because then it will affect your loses.

Peppertown- thanks for the link! Looks like some good stuff on there.

mrskuby- great NSV!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

I wonder if the morning star veggie bacon would be ok? Going to ask my coach! They are only 60 calories, have 0 sugar, 1g of carbs, 3g of polyunsaturated fat, 1g of monounsaturated fat, and .5g of saturated fat. From what I have read the poly/mono are healthy fats.
Unfortunately it's not going to make the cut. Yes, it has 60 calories, but it has 40 calories from fat (WAAAAY more than 30% calories from fat). Don't forget this is a low calorie, low carb AND low fat diet. The types of fats are less of an issue than the sheer quantity. It also has barely any protein in it (2g per serving). You might be able to get away with adding half a bacon strip just for flavor to another dish, but a whole serving is a no-go.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #8  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post

I am planning on doing Bikram yoga this afternoon. I suspended my membership for bootcamp/kickboxing for a couple of months but I don't want to stop moving in the meantime. I hope yoga doesn't slow down my weight loss...I know regular yoga prolly wouldn't but Bikram yoga is more intense. I guess I will see how I feel after class today before I commit to it...

Have a great day everyone!!!
Let me know how you feel and how it goes! I love love love bikram but put it on hold while I was getting use to ip (just starting week2). Bu I asked my coach at weigh in yesterday if I could start bikram again and he said as long as I have a shake right after class. I may wait one more week or until 3 weeks are up. Haven't decided.

Good morning all! I do have a question. Do all your coaches say to have 4 packets on phase 1? My coaches outline has the 4th packet as a snack after dinner but I am finding it some times difficult to get that last pack in as I am usually in bed 2-3hrs after dinner. I go to bed pretty early as I wake up really early for work. Any suggestions much appreciated!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #9  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Good morning everyone!

It is FREEZING here in the DC area today. Keeping warm with my biiigggg ol' mug of hot tea (Amandine Rose from Teavana) this morning.

Had my WI this morning and I am down 3.3lbs! WOOT! Down a total of 7.5 in two weeks. Very happy.

Also, my husband started back on Phase 1 this morning. I am hoping he has an easier time getting back on the wagon than I did!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #10  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post
Let me know how you feel and how it goes! I love love love bikram but put it on hold while I was getting use to ip (just starting week2). Bu I asked my coach at weigh in yesterday if I could start bikram again and he said as long as I have a shake right after class. I may wait one more week or until 3 weeks are up. Haven't decided.

Good morning all! I do have a question. Do all your coaches say to have 4 packets on phase 1? My coaches outline has the 4th packet as a snack after dinner but I am finding it some times difficult to get that last pack in as I am usually in bed 2-3hrs after dinner. I go to bed pretty early as I wake up really early for work. Any suggestions much appreciated!
I was started on 4 packets/day too, and I was almost exactly the same weight as you when I started. I'm 5'5". I'm not sure whether my coach would have kept me on 4 packets indefinitely or whether it was more of a short term thing - I've noticed that most folks here are on a 3 packet/day regime. I've done all but the first week of my dieting with the use of alternative products, and most often incorporated a 4th, as I felt like I needed a snack mid-afternoon as well as something before bedtime. My weight loss was slower, but I'm 62, of course in menopause, and had probably wrecked my metabolism through years and years of yo-yo diets.

Maybe discuss your daily routine with your coach. It sounds like with your schedule you might need to reschedule things to fit your day better. They have their 'preferred schedules' etc., but ultimately we each have to figure out what works for us.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #11  

I'm a day late but I just wanted to say thank you so much to those who lended positivity and encouragement yesterday it was really helpful!!
I'm sorry I can't remember the usernames :s
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #12  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

So yesterday for various reasons (inauguration and other events) I ended not eating enough. Here's what I had:

herb omelet with added egg whites
two boiled eggs
pickle
chocolate drink with decaf coffee, cinnamon and sea salt
water

I walked a lot too. I weighed this morning I was down 2.5 pounds from my Sunday weigh-in. I don't know if that's good or bad. I am making sure to get all my packets and veggies in today.

Thoughts?

P.S. In a NSV, I didn't have a drink last night. I approached the bar to get one, remembered just in time that I couldn't have it and ordered a club soda with lime instead. That proves to me that my mentality is already changing.

Last edited by Desafinado; 01-22-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Also, thanks to all of you for the support and providing this venue where we can ask questions.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Hello. I am new and did search site and web a little to see if anyone has questioned this and I did not see anything. What's your thoughts on moose meat? It is very similar to beef (in flavour if you have a good one). But is leaner. We have a freezer full of it. I had a steak last night and this is the nutritional info I could find. 303 Calories in 8 oz, Carbs:0 grams, Fat: 2 grams, Protein: 66 grams. Is it too many calories? Not sure of specifics required. My coach said it would be okay. Venison is on the list, but not moose. I am not a venison fan, moose is just way closer to beef and not gamey. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #15  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post
Based on what others have posted, a lot of coaches tell their IPers that they can have a 4th packet during the 1st week on P1...if they feel they need it. After that, 3 packets a day. When/if you start adding exercise in, an extra packet can be added after exercise to help with muscle recovery. I have never used 4 packs a day. Like you, I am early to rise and early to bed. I have my snack around 4.30 or 5, and then dinner around 6.30. After dinner I just have water and then a cup of bedtime tea.
Closed Thread