Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #1  

Default First Time Ideal Protein User

Hello, All I just started IP last Tuesday. First couple days were ok, Wednesday night my feet and legs felt numb, I wanted to cut them off!!! I am on day 6!! So far so good. I havn't cheated, I hope this diet is going to work for me, I hear so many great things. I also joined my fitness pal User ID
exsnos to log my food.... Any suggestions or ideas anyone may have out there???? Can I eat my dinner at lunch???
Exsnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

What you eat matters.

When you eat it does not.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsnos View Post
Hello, All I just started IP last Tuesday. First couple days were ok, Wednesday night my feet and legs felt numb, I wanted to cut them off!!! I am on day 6!! So far so good. I havn't cheated, I hope this diet is going to work for me, I hear so many great things. I also joined my fitness pal User ID
exsnos to log my food.... Any suggestions or ideas anyone may have out there???? Can I eat my dinner at lunch???
yes I usually ate my dinner at lunch.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:43 AM   #4  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome! I am new too. My weigh in is tomorrow. I am also on MFP if u want to add me. My un is kes0510
Good luck and keep it up
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Default new as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsnos View Post
Hi. I just signed up as well. On day four of IP. Been checking out the different threads and getting lots of info. Wishing I liked the food more. Not a fan of artificial sweetener. But kind of figuring out its in most things. Hoping to get used to it. Excited to see if anything happens at weigh in.
ladylunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I'm new too. So far finding the diet very easy to follow but still figuring out which of the IP foods I like and which ones I don't. My energy level seems to be coming back finally.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I'm not new to IP but I'm restarting after a while off. I was not thrilled with the taste of some foods for the first 4 days, but like everyone on here will tell you, your tastes will change. Try a variety and pay attention to the boards, usually the most popular foods are good and well liked by all.

I just discovered the chocolate soy puffs and found my new fav snack. Stick with it-it works! About your leg pains...I recall some weird changes the first time doing this-horrible leg cramps, headaches, strange dreams, perhaps some numbness as well. It will go away, however, you should report all of it to your coach! Make sure you are constantly drinking water, getting enough sea salt and getting some potassium in which could help with some of those symptoms.

Read through the boards, we have some truly inspiring people on here that keep me going daily!

Good luck and welcome to all who are new!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #8  

Good morning to all the new people!!
Yes, IP rocks! As John said, it doesn't matter when you have that protein. You can divide it or have it at lunch or breakfast. The IP official sheet says the dinner time and all at once but I have eaten my protein at various times during the day and it never affected my weight loss.
This site is awesome and will offer so much support as well as answer your questions. It got me through my first -55lbs! Im almost to the halfway point!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Enjoy your journey. Ive learned so much about myself throughout mine!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #9  

Glad to hear tastes will change. I am hoping for that. Tried a splash of vanilla rtd in my coffee again (first time I did ruined my coffee) and still doesn't go down well. Such a strong sweetner taste. And tried the walden farms french dressing and thought awful.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm on day 3 of IP. Good luck to my fellow newbies! We can do this! Guzzling water like a champ but I felt pretty hungry these past couple days. Looking forward to that passing. Thankfully, no leg cramps or such. Hope that eases up for you.
thatlindagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Hi. I just signed up as well. On day four of IP. Been checking out the different threads and getting lots of info. Wishing I liked the food more. Not a fan of artificial sweetener. But kind of figuring out its in most things. Hoping to get used to it. Excited to see if anything happens at weigh in.
Quote:
Glad to hear tastes will change. I am hoping for that. Tried a splash of vanilla rtd in my coffee again (first time I did ruined my coffee) and still doesn't go down well. Such a strong sweetener taste. And tried the walden farms french dressing and thought awful.
Welcome. May I tell you I can relate (ON MANY LEVELS). Not only am I not a fan of artificial sweeteners but I am also not a fan of soy protein. It almost stopped me from doing IP to begin with. But the consistent weight loss has kept me on board.

I'm using some alternatives (not the usual from Nashua Nutrition) that I've found that use non rBGH whey protein and stevia. I have one that is plain so I can mix it with the vanilla for a less-sweet taste in my coffee. Prior to IP, I used cream in my coffee and no sweet. Skim milk is like adding water IMNSHO. But the plain protein powder cuts the sweet taste enough for me.

I've also recently found some other alternatives to the soy for other reasons (long story on other threads).

Yes, tastes change. There are LOTS of threads with recipes and packet hacks to help with flavor. For links, check the stickies at the top of the forum and also links in the first post of the daily chat thread.

Good luck on your journey!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #12  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Glad to hear tastes will change. I am hoping for that. Tried a splash of vanilla rtd in my coffee again (first time I did ruined my coffee) and still doesn't go down well. Such a strong sweetner taste. And tried the walden farms french dressing and thought awful.
Thanks for the tip of the French dressing! Won't be getting that. So far I like WF balsamic dressing and bacon. DO NOT like the ranch. Those are te only 3 I have tried. Heard chipotle ranch is good though. I got some individual packs of the Italian today so hopefully I will like them. Seems like quite a few ppl get the Italian. Figured it was a safe bet
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Welcome. May I tell you I can relate (ON MANY LEVELS). Not only am I not a fan of artificial sweeteners but I am also not a fan of soy protein. It almost stopped me from doing IP to begin with. But the consistent weight loss has kept me on board.

I'm using some alternatives (not the usual from Nashua Nutrition) that I've found that use non rBGH whey protein and stevia. I have one that is plain so I can mix it with the vanilla for a less-sweet taste in my coffee. Prior to IP, I used cream in my coffee and no sweet. Skim milk is like adding water IMNSHO. But the plain protein powder cuts the sweet taste enough for me.

I've also recently found some other alternatives to the soy for other reasons (long story on other threads).

Yes, tastes change. There are LOTS of threads with recipes and packet hacks to help with flavor. For links, check the stickies at the top of the forum and also links in the first post of the daily chat thread.

Good luck on your journey!
Very happy to see you post in response and for the ideas. I have been reading many many of your posts already and am learning a lot from you before you even got in touch with me. So its very much appreciated. And your success is inspiration. Yes the skim milk doesn't do much at all. I have not had my first weigh in yet and am reluctant to try alternatives yet, but have definately been reading up on it for future consideration. About to head to my clinic right now to see if they will exchange an unopened box of the crispy cereal which I bought to make pancake. Had the sample ate the pancake and not interested at all. Really gross. Omlete once spiced up with cayene and veggies is much preffered. Thanks again!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post
Thanks for the tip of the French dressing! Won't be getting that. So far I like WF balsamic dressing and bacon. DO NOT like the ranch. Those are te only 3 I have tried. Heard chipotle ranch is good though. I got some individual packs of the Italian today so hopefully I will like them. Seems like quite a few ppl get the Italian. Figured it was a safe bet
Hmmm chipotle ranch might be doable. About to get the thousand island as my husband wants to try that one. I'll give it a whirl, but prob stick to homemae dressing if no good. They sure add up in price so don't want to buy a bunch. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #15  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I really like the 1000 island dressing and the Italian. I've place an order for the chipotle one and I think zesty italian so I hope they're good. I personally really like the crispy cereal. I haven't tried using the packets to make anything else though.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote