Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 08:53 PM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Thumbs up I am so thankful men are not made of chocolate...

For I fear that if they were, I might not be such a faithful wife!

Here I am in week 12 of Atkins just thrilled to death that I am doing so well and I really haven't had any cravings etc. for sweets. I am one of those women who can down a 2lb bag of Hershey Kisses and not feel sick - nor would I be locked in the bathroom for hours. So far I have conquered every intense temptation (and there have only been 2 in 12 weeks). In August my sister asked me to cut her son's 1st birthday cake and after 2 slices, my mouth was watering so bad I passed to knife to someone else. The 2nd temptation was almost the same - chocolate again!

Well, last night my 15 month old was screaming because the 7 yr old had a Yodel after dinner. DH gave one to the baby in her highchair and she messed with it a bit, but really didn't eat any of it. He took her up to the shower while I cleaned up the kitchen. I left the Yodel on the highchair tray because again - the choc makes my mouth water - it's unbelievable!!!! 45 min. later I go to check on him and realize he fell asleep (without coming back to clean the tray). So what do I do? I can't bear to throw out such a nice treat...and I took a bite of the half she had left intact. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY???

I didn't need it, I wasn't hungry, It didn't even taste good - the actually taste was NO WHERE NEAR what I remember as a kid them tasting like. It was a very fake cake taste and I WAS MAD Then I felt ashamed and so angry with myself. Now I can no longer say I haven't had any sugar in "X weeks". Today I woke up and said a prayer and just pressed forward on this WOE. I just can't believe I did it when there was no reason to. I am so glad we are doing the Thanksgiving Challenge!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wow! That's some serious guilt you're carrying, girlfriend! But, take a deep breath, think for a minute, and realize, it was just a bite and you didn't enjoy it AT ALL. Then move past it. We all have slips, that's why we're not all size two's and modeling for a living. You'll remember the experience the next time you want something "forbidden" and maybe it's going to be easier to resist! Besides, do you really think for the REST OF YOUR LIFE you're never going to eat something sweet again? This has to be doable, or you won't do it. So, maybe every once in a while, you'll allow yourself to have something yummy, then you won't feel deprived. Hugs to you!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kim, I FEEL YOUR PAIN !!

Got on the scale yesterday, didn't lose anything and I REALLY thought I had dropped something this week, I was so excited... so I get on the scale and it didn't move an ounce sigh

So okay I say to myself its okay I'll do better next week...
I'm in the store w/my 2 year old and what do I do......... I bought one of those cakes that has 4 different flavors, I go home take a slice of each one and eat it.......... OH WHY WAAAAAAAAAH.

SHOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanna scream and kick myself up side the head...

Okay to its today Sunday, the cake is in the garbage and I'll be danged if I don't do good this week.

Kim, here, let me brush you off and you do the same for me.

The challenge starts tomorrow.......... LETS DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Yah !

Leenie
Old 09-28-2003, 10:33 PM   #4  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Sherrie - Unfortunately my biggest fault in life is moderation. I don't ever see me "treating" myself every so often because I fall off the wagon so easily. This is something I really need to learn and work on. Maybe this is the turning point I needed, but I wish it had been for something better...like the Tiramasu I saw at the Olive Garden today being carried to the table next to us! You know it's just not right to go to the Olive Garden and not have a breadstick!

Leenie - Oh, you and me babe! Sometimes I wish I had the guts to bring it all back up - but I just can't bring myself to do it. But that's how bad the guilt is with me. I'm with you on this challenge! I am shooting for Christmas to be a "ONE-derland" for me this year and if I can lose the 15 by Thanksgiving, that would leave me with 8 more to lose for Christmas!

Looking forward to a great week ahead.
My goals for this week - no mixed nuts and 3 days of weight training.
Closed Thread