Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 09:30 PM   #1  

Angry Best Form of Exercise

Hi, I am new to the site and thought I would start here first. I was just curious to know what others think is the best form of exercise. I am not much for running and do a little bit of walking but see so many do the WATP tapes, Curves, walking and lifting. So I am wondering if maybe one is better than the other or would a combo of some or all be the best? Just curious.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2003, 11:03 PM   #2  
Made my Goal weight!

Hi there

I fond that running/jogging has always helped me the best to lose weight and tone up...
Old 09-27-2003, 11:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I like the walk away the pound tapes especially the ones for the abs. I think that weights or resistance belts help with weight loss.
good luck
dinki
Old 09-28-2003, 10:01 PM   #4  

I personally think you need to incorporate both resistance (weights, bands, whatever) and cardio into your program. Variety is important to me too. I get bored and am less likely do work out if I don't have a variety of activities to choose from.

In actuality, though, the best exercise is the one that works for you and that you like so that you can be consistent with it!
Old 09-29-2003, 02:18 AM   #5  
work in progress

Hey -

I have to totally agree with Rojo. The most effective excersize is the one you stick with and do on a regular basis. If you don't like traditional forms of excersize, try swimming, a dance class, or Jazzersize type thing. Rent some workout videos and see what you like in the privace of your own home if you are not excersizing in public.

Good luck!!
Old 09-29-2003, 09:29 AM   #6  

Default The best exercise

Personally, I think the best exercise is the one you like to do. That said, you need to find that exercise by trying different things, especially if you haven't exercised in a while. I do a combination of exercises: I walk briskly, either outside or on a treadmill; I go to Curves; I take a yoga class. Each type has different benefits, but they all add up to a stronger, more flexible, fitter me and I like doing all of them. Experiment! Try bike riding, swimming, tapes, classes. Then pick the ones you like the best. It's all good.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:32 PM   #7  
Om shanti

For me, the best exercise has been The FIRM. I get both cardiovascular exercise and resistence training, and I haven't gotten bored of it yet. And I've seen much more substantial results than I could attribute to any other exercise I've done.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #8  

Exercise is what YOU make of it and I personally think the only exercise that works is the one you WORK AT! So, you need to pick a couple things you enjoy doing and do them religiously. I believe any exercise is beneficial but not if you won't do it so make sure you LIKE it.

Faye
Old 10-02-2003, 09:28 AM   #9  

I am still tring to decide if i want to continue my "y" membership. Or do I want a change. Hoping a curves will open up soon(rumor is yes). I cycle ,walk and have weights at home. I want to get some tapes to work out to. Since I work on my own even at the "y' I just wonder why I don't do it at home?? Still thinking about it.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:01 PM   #10  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi! I guess it depends on what you really want to do. Walking is wonderful. Add some handweights. I love Denise Austin and have some of her tapes but I am very bad about doing things at home. I have a workout buddy at work and that has helped me immensly. We go to the YMCA at least 3 days a week and we just started walking 30 minutes at lunch when we can. The ultimate goal is to walk at lunch 5 days and do the YMCA at least 3 days. I never used to like to exercise but I really enjoy it now and love going with my buddy. We do a weight training class, step and kickboxing. Its fun! Good luck finding what is right for you!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:49 PM   #11  

I agree, it's what works for you. I work out by myself most of the time at the Y too, but I found that if I try to exercise at home, I just don't do it. I find excuses and other things to do. When I'm at the Y, I'm there just to work out so nothing gets in the way of that. I've also made several friends that work out on the same days and same times that I do and we've recently started working out together some. It helps a lot to have a friend and it makes the time go faster.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:21 PM   #12  
I'm losin' it!

Default I love my recumbant bike hooked up to a computer!

My bike is set up so I can read a book, type, and see the computer screen, all at the same time. The keyboard is attached to the handlebars of the bike. I can bike for hours while I surf the net. Learning to type and pedal at the same time was kind of interesting at first.

My other favorites are riding a real bike, swimming laps, and walking.
Closed Thread