Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default Making it Through a JM Video

I've surpassed my pace goal for my walks and am super excited! My next mini goal is to make it through a Jillan M. work out video.

I just watched one to see what I am up against and know that I initially will not make it through even half of the video. Has anyone else who started one not been able to make it through the whole thing on any workout video?

I know it will take time to build up my endurance so I can make it through all the way, so should I start with skipping a day in between? Or maybe just twice a week to start? Not sure what the best plan of action would be!

Thanks in advance, and hope this is in the right place!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

I've been basically sedentary for the past few years. I just recently started doing strength training and cardio at work, but not intensly and not every day.

I just started the 30 day shred 2 days ago. And I was very proud of myself when I made it through the first workout, without stopping. It wasn't easy, and you really have to push yourself but I kept telling myself, 'it's only 20 minutes, you can do this". And I pulled through. The cardio isn't that bad, and I actually look forward to the cardio aspect because it feels "easier". The abs is killer but doable. The strength is where it's extremely challenging. I'm lucky that I'm a farm girl, naturally very strong and lots of endurance. But for someone who doesn't have upper body strength, I can see how this would be an extreme challenge, as I was so close to slipping up.

You can do anything you set your mind to. And the best part of this particular workout is it's only TWENTY MINUTES. Thats nothing.

I weight 250 (246 now ), and I just told myself I'm going to do this, and I did.

Sweat a TON, achy the next day. Panting and swearing, being pushed to the max. But you feel FANTASTIC after.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I've done this for 3 days in a row now. I wake up sore, but as you get moving and constantly stretch throughout the day, I can already feel my endurance growing stronger.

Last edited by Remington90; 01-20-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote