Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/200

Height: 6'1"

Default Knee deep in this stuff!

Well went to food prep class on Friday and I am PUMPED!! Love. The food list love the recipes plus I've been able to cook the foods so far so they aren't boring which is a big plus! It's been 5 days on Pre conditioning and I've lost almost 7 pounds so far. very excited to start officially tomorrow. I wanted to ask if anyone here has gotten any weird physical side effects from this program that I should look out for. I see online that thee may be some any real life examples?
Khelmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Side effects...hee hee makes me smile. Here's my side effects:

knee pain...GONE
foot pain...GONE
severe migraines...GONE
breathless after going up stairs...GONE
chest pain...GONE
acid reflux...GONE

More side effects:
Happiness
not embarrassed to go anywhere
more energy

I couldn't resist...but seriously, I've had a little hair loss but that has slowed down since I added biotin and biosil to my daily supplements. Other than that I have gained so much more in life!! Good luck on your journey stay motivated and you will reap the rewards!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

Default side effects

Last week was my first full week after pre-conditioning. I can honestly say I feel great, and have had absolutely no side effects! I'm down 15 pounds in two weeks, and am not starving myself by any means. I will say the biggest surprise to me are the High Nutrition drinks. They truly do what is advertised towards curbing hunger. I am so thankful to have found them
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #4  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

LOVE Keylani's post! And Khelmuth I'm so thrilled to hear your excitement over the menu and the meals and that you've been cooking for yourself and enjoying it. That's so fantastic! I too love the menu and plan on continuing to cook and eat like this in maintenance.

As far as side effects, something I haven't seen mentioned here but has happened to me on and off is being very cold. I mean, just shivering cold all the time no matter what and literally covered in goosebumps from head to toe. I finally decided it wasn't just the weather and plugged "cold all the time" into a Google search and found some people talking about it on an Atkins forum. Apparently it can be a side effect of being deep in ketosis.

The other side effect I have experienced only applies to women: I've stopped menstruating. Had a pregnancy scare there at first! This is normal and caused from rapid fat loss, not from the MRC diet in particular. From what I've read, my body will adjust to the new body fat percentage and everything will resume.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote