Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #1  
Health is wealth $$$$$$$$

S/C/G: 180/150/115

Height: 5"2

Default Anyone tried Power Yoga? How was it for weight loss?

Hi! I'm looking for a workout in addition to the treadmill - I find it really hard to do the 30 day shred or brazil butt lift or any of those dvd workouts at home, I just don't have the motivation to do it, and so I've been thinking of joining a class.

Has anyone tried out power yoga? What are your thoughts on it? And how effective is it for weight loss?

Thanks!
Zazaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #2  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I haven't tried power yoga, but I do practice Bikram yoga - which is a pretty hard core form of yoga.

For me it was NOT good for weight loss, but it was good for reducing inches and getting STRONG and more flexible. As I have flexibility problems this was one of my main aims anyway. I was going every day for a while and when I was I had abs of steel. Really. It was also good for my 'grit'. When I ran my first 5k and I mean first EVER, it took me quite a while and I wasn't sure I could make it. But I kept telling myself if I could get through 30 consecutive 90 minute Bikram classes where your heart is POUNDING out of your chest and sweat is pouring off you, then I could get thru the 5k.

I have started going back, but only once a week now. I'm glad to be back.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I also do hot yoga, sort of Bikram style. The first time I started doing it yes I lost a bit of weight, but really it totally transformed my body so I LOOKED smaller than I actually was.

I had to take a year break and now I've been back at it for 9 months and I have to say, the same thing is happening. I may be 170 but I swear I look 150 due to all the hot yoga transforming my body! I don't do any other form of exercise except walking.

I would say definitely try it, you'll love it!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #4  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

http://www.ddpyoga.com/site/index.php/en/ check this out.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote