Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

Default Need to vent...

I'm sorry guys but I just need to vent!

My boss knows I'm trying to lose a bit of weight/eat a bit healthier, and apparently he is too...and yet every day this week he has been snacking on crisps and chocolate in our office and keeps offering me some "you know you want some", and today to top it off he bought blueberry muffins (my fav ftr) and has left them on my desk...now I do cut myself a bit of slack on a Friday and allow myself a treat if I feel like it, but one muffin is 275 kcal, and as tasty as they smell it's just not worth that many calories for me. I'm still annoyed he seems to be intentionally trying to make me fall of the wagon!

Thanks for listening, sorry again - I do feel a bit better now that's out of my system!
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

How rude of him! Personally I would just laugh and pick up the muffins (or whatever) and take it over to a table where everyone can dig in. He can't force you to eat it, and this is just where your own strength to say "no" is going to have to take over. And I'd bet that when you do this a few times (laughing about it outwardly and if it bugs you don't let it show) the fun will wear off for him and he will stop doing it.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  
is stronger than this

My desk is central in the office so it's where all the share stuff gets put. I'm actually quite proud of myself because although it's tempting, I've made the decision not to have one and even though they're right in front of me I don't really want one anymore! Good job I'm stubborn eh?! I will instead tuck into my yummy tuna salad and save those 275 calories for something that will do my body some good! I think tbh, it's because he can't stick at his diet and me doing it is reminding him of that
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/165

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
it's because he can't stick at his diet and me doing it is reminding him of that
exactly! stick to your guns, you know what you're doing and why and we're proud of you!
changeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

People are like that. I have people trying to feed me constantly. If you don't want it, give it away or throw it away. You are not obligated to eat any food just because someone gives it to you!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #6  
is stronger than this

Thanks for your support! And I'd just like to say, the muffins remain untouched! It's nice to know that even with temptation literally in my face, I can still make the right choice! I feel good
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/T/140

Height: 5'3"

How RUDE ! There's a Walgreen's commercial out now that a woman reaches over to her husband who is eating a powdered doughnut and smashes it to bits. I would be very tempted to do the same thing or at least take a muffin (as if to eat it) and do that in front of him. I am lucky that I work from home and the only person at work who can sabotage me is myself. Thankfully I have avoided that so far this year.
BuddysBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #8  
Stick to your guns!

S/C/G: 306.8/299.4/160

Height: 5'7"

I honestly think that your boss is trying to make himelf feel better for not sticking to his own diet - if you take one snack then it makes it ok and guilt free for him - this is not ok. Keep up your hard work and show him you can do it - cheeky bum! lol x
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekitten7 View Post
I'm sorry guys but I just need to vent!

My boss knows I'm trying to lose a bit of weight/eat a bit healthier, and apparently he is too...and yet every day this week he has been snacking on crisps and chocolate in our office and keeps offering me some "you know you want some", and today to top it off he bought blueberry muffins (my fav ftr) and has left them on my desk...now I do cut myself a bit of slack on a Friday and allow myself a treat if I feel like it, but one muffin is 275 kcal, and as tasty as they smell it's just not worth that many calories for me. I'm still annoyed he seems to be intentionally trying to make me fall of the wagon!

Thanks for listening, sorry again - I do feel a bit better now that's out of my system!
DoughDoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #9  

Good for you purplekitten!! People like that tick me off. I am so stubborn, even if I wanted the muffin I wouldn't have it just on principle!

I do find it odd that it's a man trying to sabotage you though, usually it's the women!

I am so proud of you, let that muffin sit there!! (It doesn't taste half as good as it looks, I promise you!!)

Last edited by elvislover324; 01-18-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typing fast with rage, skipping words lol
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #10  

And....I'd be surprised if that muffin was only 275 calories. Ones I thought were about 400 turned out to be closer to 1000, yuck!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #11  
is stronger than this

According the packaging it's 275 - they're fairly small ones! But even so, not worth it! I could have a full meal for that! I'm lucky in that the ladies in my office are lovely (there are only the 4 of us in total) so they'd never sabotage!

I'll be honest, I was tempted for about half an hour! But rather than just tucking in, I checked out my spreadsheet (I keep track of all my cals there) and worked out what I had already eaten, what I had packed for lunch/snacks etc and it just wasn't worth taking up that much of my calorie allowance! (Thank god for being a bit of a math geek) If I'm gonna treat myself with something naughty, it'll be 100 calories or less!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

BuddysBuddy - I love that Walgreens commercial. I saw it yesterday for the first time and thought it was hysterical.
People in my office are constantly bringing in treats. They'll let everyone know it's there, but no real pressure to indulge. Yesterday it was a key lime cake with white chocolate frosting. I wanted some, but didn't give in!
Stay strong purplekitten! You're doing great so far. Don't let your boss ruin it! You should bring in healthy things for him to snack on! Bring in a veggie or fruit tray. That way you can snack on it with everyone else and he'll see what you're doing there. It just stinks when you have someone trying to sabotage your efforts - especially when they know you're trying to be healthy.
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #13  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I don't know what type of relationship the two of you have, or what the mood is in your office, or how you like to handle conflict, but if it were me I would be direct. I'd say something to him like "I'm really working hard to make healthy choices. Please don't leave treats on my desk again." Then he'd be a d*ck to do that again.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 283/255/199

Height: 5"6

Ahh. I know how annoying this can be as my boyfriend is constantly shoving food in my face, he says he supports me, yet he doesn't understand that eating a cookie in front of me and going"mMMmmm" is a very stupid move on his part, I am hungry and I will take you out!!! Lmao!! But in the end its a great feeling when you have the willpower to just say no!!
nichole87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #15  
is stronger than this

Kurbain - good idea with the fruit/veggie platter but not sure how it would go down at work. I might start experimenting with healthy option cakes/flapjacks/biscuit type things so they can all indulge but not do so much damage!

Missy Krissy - I'm not so keen on direct, I've found it really easy to resist it tbh so I'm just going with the "haha no I'm being good thanks" laughing it off type approach! I wish I could be a bit more direct sometimes but it's just not me!

Nichole87 - I know exactly how you feel with your boyfriend! My fiance was doing the same but I sat down and had a chat with him the other night, now he's much more discreet about it! haha