Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Default So discouraged :(

I don't get what I'm doing wrong ! I started this at 250 lbs. Haven't budged. Measurements, haven't budged. I've stuck to a diet of 1550 cals a day. With 2 days out of 2 weeks, gone over that. I exercise at least 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time. Heart rate at 145-160. I'm 22 and 5'8.

My lifestyle before was completely uncontrolled. Ate what I wanted, when I wanted. Probabaly pushed 3000 cals a day. NO exercise other than my job. It was a chore to even go for a walk to get the mail or go back in the house because I forgot something.

I've cut out alcohol completely, soda, cookies, treats, any bleached or white carbs, chocolate, candy, fast food (with the exception of a chinese buffet last saturday and 6 chicken nuggets from McD's yesterday because of time restraint).

I weight train at least 4 days a week also. I drink plenty of water and have at least 1 green tea a day. What is going on!? I want to rip my hair out and scream. I've never EVER stuck to something like this before. And I'm so porud of myself for sticking with it, but I've had NO results. I feel like I'm failing myself. I don't know what more I can possibly put into my plan. I've started to cut out eating after 8 pm (I go to bed around midnight or 1am almost every night). I take protein powder in the morning or after a workout. (its low cal, low fat, low carb)

It's so discouraging and maddening. I'm irritable, upset. The only possible thing could be a thyroid problem but seriously... NOTHING ? I've had nothing out of all of this ?

Dont know what to do.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

More experienced people than I will have good suggestions and advice. I wanted to encourage you to not give up. You don't indicate how long you've been doing this, but you need to be more patient with yourself and your body. You can do it!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/187/165

Height: 5'7"

Don't quite! You CAN do it!! I know it's frustrating but I think it takes our bodies a bit to adjust. Do you count calories, drink 64 oz of water and eat at least 1200 calories a day? I am using my fitness pal and that has really helped me out. I'm no expert by any means but it just takes a little time.
concminus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
More experienced people than I will have good suggestions and advice. I wanted to encourage you to not give up. You don't indicate how long you've been doing this, but you need to be more patient with yourself and your body. You can do it!
Thanks . I'm not going to give up, I'm just tired of staying where I am. I want to get moving.

And I've been at this for 2 weeks.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #5  

Did you see your Dr and get a check up done?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #6  

No, here in Canada, we might have "free" healthcare but it takes forever to get in. I have an appointment with ym family doc in June.. that I made in SEPTEMBER. I don't know if walk-in clinics will tell me anything.

And I do count calories. I used the sparkpeople app for the first half of this journey and then switched to Lose It! because of the friends feature. I've counted and measured everything. I measure tablespoons of ketchup and log that I used a sprinkle of basil spice.

Been in and out of tears today. I'm sure this stress isn't helping.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #7  

Holy cow! I will never complain about having to wait 2 weeks for a dr appt again! You're right about the stress. My fitness pal has the friends feature also. Be patient, have faith! I have been at it for 2 weeks to and I am going to lose weight! I have to tell myself that Hang in there and this is a great place for support!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #8  

Thanks. I'm gunna keep at it and hold on. Praying for results for Mondays weigh in. Don't know what I'll do if there's still no imporvement.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I feel like I'm trying to move a mountain.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #9  

You are going to do it the same way you climb a mountain.........one step at a time, one day at a time! You got this!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #10  

Remington90, hugs!!

I know how frustrating this can be and it seems like the harder I "diet" (eat, exercise, water, etc.) the worse my results are.

I hope you keep going and know it's impossible to not pay off, I'm just sorry you are having to wait. Hopefully it's something like your TOM that's just happening to coincide with all your hard work.

It made me sad to see you cried, I cry too when I am so frustrated about things.

It's so hard to stay on plan but you can do it, I just know it!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #11  

Height: 5"6

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time But, I am glad to see that you came here for support I just started my journey too and before I began, I read that often your body retains water because it's so surprised about all the changes. Eventually, a big whoosh happens. I am not sure if this is what's happening in your case, but it sounds like you're doing everything right so far.

It will take time and sometimes it will be slow. Just remember that you can achieve ANYTHING and in time, the scale will validate that too. Weight loss is a scary thing. We can help you stay brave
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Remington90, hugs!!

I know how frustrating this can be and it seems like the harder I "diet" (eat, exercise, water, etc.) the worse my results are.

I hope you keep going and know it's impossible to not pay off, I'm just sorry you are having to wait. Hopefully it's something like your TOM that's just happening to coincide with all your hard work.

It made me sad to see you cried, I cry too when I am so frustrated about things.

It's so hard to stay on plan but you can do it, I just know it!!
Thanks so much. I have faith in myself and I know I can do this.
Im gunna get some kettle balls, get on the elliptical and quit eating after 8 completely. Except water and green tea. Thanks for all being in support. Wish I had friends in my day to day life thy were half as supportive as you guys are.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

If u are weight training too, that may have something to do with it....aerobic activity 3 x a week, weight training 4 x a week? I wouldnt weight train just yet... Muscle weighs more than fat and if u are building muscle,....well you get it.

Last edited by Lacyt74; 01-17-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacyt74 View Post
If u are weight training too, that may have something to do with it....aerobic activity 3 x a week, weight training 4 x a week?
Yes, typically. I do arms one day, legs another day and core another day. I do more on my arms then legs cause I ride a stationary bike as cardio and that works my legs hard. I'm thinking of doing squats and crunches and other things I can do at home, before I go to bed at night.