Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Fitness Instructor job - advice needed

Do you think its worth it?
Im considering getting both my Zumba certificate and WaterArt certificate so that I can be certified to teach aquafit classes and zumba. However so many things trouble me..

the first being that this is pretty costly, and alot of people do have these certificates so it makes me scared to spend so much money getting this certificate if the job market is only going to be super tough out there. BUT i would be getting my waterart certificate for much cheaper since im in the program that I am in (at school).

Another thing is I just dont feel like Im the best out there.. I feel like itd be so much fun and thats what intices me, I love moving/dancing, but I just have no background in dance and im no pro swimmer, except for my routine Friday Zumba classes, so Id literally just be picking this up from nowhere really..

What do you guys think?
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I am interesting in getting my ACE certificate at some point but I think (for me) I am doing it as something on the side. I'd like to teach a class and coach a children's swim team so I am not interested in doing this as a career but something I was to do for ME (and for fun). As you pointed out, it is very expensive.

My advice would be, if you're looking for this as a career, you're going to have to be very investing in improving your skills, and marketing yourself. Very few people I know can make a living off their exercise certification alone (Obviously, there are exceptions).

If you can't imagine a world where this isn't part of your everyday experience, and you'd be happy just making enough money to cover your certification costs and have a day job, then I say go for it. If you want a career in this, then maybe you should look at a community college program in exercise physiology?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote