Old 01-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default What I've learned in first week on IP

Hi all- I'm new on the IP diet. It's been an interesting week. First off .... I developed a whopping sinus infection this past week right as I was beginning the protocol...not fun. Two things were triggered by that
1. I was never hungry. (But I did abide by all the guidelines, ate everything on the plan...not cheating even once)
2. I did not lose a lot. 2.2 lbs. They said being sick can cause your body to hold on to water...my daughter, who is a nurse with a nutrition minor, told me the same thing with out knowing the office had told me that as well.

As for the food. I found I really do not like the tomato basil soup...but I think all of the products taste better when they are mixed and sit for a while...so I will try that ONE more time before crossing it off!

Do not like the really sweet fruity drinks. I am not a fan of sweet...so those need to be watered down or blended with ice for me. That might work better once the warm weather arrives. The cappuccino is tolerable if I add some real coffee to it. The potato puree makes a great soup base and leftover roasted veggies chopped up are great mixed in. Dark choc pudding also good if I let it sit...but then add some coffee and remix to a thick drink consistency.

In addition...I am in need of gluten free...so a lot of the products are not things I'll be using.
Hope to find that this diet works for me. I feel like it is do-able.
Trying to stay positive. It is only day 7!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #2  
Started IP on 12/31/2013

S/C/G: 257/244/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Keep going....

I just wanted to post to say that I have only been on IP for 2.5 weeks. It's going well. I am losing, which I have been unable to do for years. Stick with it and keep up the good work. Hope you feel better soon
BarbMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #3  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Just an FYI - I'm in reboot since 1/2 and I also had a major sinus infection that took 2 rounds of antibiotics. DO NOT take your cal-mag or potassium with antibiotics as they interfere with it. I GAINED 3 lbs my first week even though I was 100% OP. I lost 4 the second and now that I am off the antibiotics and able to take the supplements, I'm hoping on a big whoosh next week.

Good Luck, hope you feel better - stick in there. My coach said fat is still burning underneath the inflammation - so there's hope!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Hey, this is day 7 for me too, though my first WI is not until Sunday. My scale says I have lost and I have been on plan all week, though I have been hungry a few times (I'm still sorting out a rhythm).

That said, this plan is not hard and so many have seen success that I know I can be successful on it, too.

Good luck to you!
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote