Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 342/298/185

Height: 5'11"

Default IP Food please help me!

Thank you for reading my post! I am in my first week of IP and having great results! I am very happy with how things are going BUT I am having an extremely hard time stomaching the soups! I have added my vegetables, seasonings, etc. So I am going to start just use the drink mixes for lunch with my vegetables. I am so tired of wasting money on this food and not being able to eat it! I know we all have different tastes but I was wondering is the Orange drink mix any good? I love the chocolate drink, the oatmeal, and the crispy ceral! I hate the chicken patty, all of the soups but mushroom! Is there any you would suggest I try? I'm not ready to give up but I just can't waste anymore money! I'm a single mom and don't have extra money like that someone please help!
kaylae24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylae24 View Post
Thank you for reading my post! I am in my first week of IP and having great results! I am very happy with how things are going BUT I am having an extremely hard time stomaching the soups! I have added my vegetables, seasonings, etc. So I am going to start just use the drink mixes for lunch with my vegetables. I am so tired of wasting money on this food and not being able to eat it! I know we all have different tastes but I was wondering is the Orange drink mix any good? I love the chocolate drink, the oatmeal, and the crispy ceral! I hate the chicken patty, all of the soups but mushroom! Is there any you would suggest I try? I'm not ready to give up but I just can't waste anymore money! I'm a single mom and don't have extra money like that someone please help!
If you don't like the soups, then don't eat them. I didn't care for them either, so I didn't buy any more of them.

Taste varies from person to person, so check with your coach to see if she has samples of the things you want to try.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #3  

I'm buying online and don't have a coach I'm doing it on my own so I have to buy the whole box! Thanks for your input though!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I didn't care for the soups, however I made them with less water and poured over steamed broccoli and lots of garlic powder to use them up.

Everyones taste are different. I really liked the following: dill zippers, wildberry yogurt, apple cinnamon puffs, chocolate puffs, chocolate drink, cappacino & omlets (all jazzed up with veggies)
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a fan of the soups either, but I do like the Broccoli and Cheese mixed with less water, made into a "Cheese Dip" which I dunk my broccoli into.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #6  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

I bet you're looking for non-restricteds, right? You've named my favs--chocolate drink, crispy cereal. I also like the RTD mango and strawberry banana. I'm ok with the soups (only the broccoli and chicken noodle) but I don't love them. For me, putting in a veggie puree makes them unpalatable.

I also buy all online. I have a ton of stuff I can't stand that I'm considering trading. There's a trading link. You should check it out for unloading the stuff you don't like.

P.S. I tried the pinapple drink and it is super sour and chalky tasting. Also, I find that all of the puddings taste like chalk.
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #7  

Thank you for the ideas!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
I bet you're looking for non-restricteds, right? You've named my favs--chocolate drink, crispy cereal. I also like the RTD mango and strawberry banana. I'm ok with the soups (only the broccoli and chicken noodle) but I don't love them. For me, putting in a veggie puree makes them unpalatable.

I also buy all online. I have a ton of stuff I can't stand that I'm considering trading. There's a trading link. You should check it out for unloading the stuff you don't like.

P.S. I tried the pinapple drink and it is super sour and chalky tasting. Also, I find that all of the puddings taste like chalk.
Thank you so much! Yes I'm looking for non-restictedes! I can't stand the puddings either! ugh oh well lol I still wanna stay on the program though! Can you tell me the trading link?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #9  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Just bumped it for you!
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #10  

Thanks so much! you've made my day!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

I don't care for the soups either. I pretty much stick with the chocolate drink, cappucino drink and the occasional cereal for my unrestricteds. I do use about half alternatives and that has allowed me to try some new unrestricteds. Some brands have oatmeal and chili that is not a restricted.

It took me a while to figure out I don't like too much but I am ok with it now. I was afraid I would not like it because of the lack of variety but 14 weeks later I am still not bothered my it.

Good luck!!
kileymed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #12  

I use a lot of recipes or packet hacks to make things palatable. I don't think I'd EVER like the soups alone but with a veggie puree, it makes a big change in taste.
Same with puddings.
If we're looking for exactly like non-IP pudding, it's not gonna happen.
I make my dark chocolate pudding into a smoothie. I also like to freeze them and make them like "soft serve"
The orange drink tastes like Tang.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #13  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

The orange drink is actually not that bad. I am a fan of the choc, vanilla drink & the straw/ban premade drink. I also can not eat the soups so I dont buy them. I do like the chicken patty its great crumbled up on a salad. Love the jello. Not a fan of the puddings but the one from Nashua Nutrition the cheesecake one is actually not that bad.
Sammie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

The orange drink is ok, but it's not very filling. Same with the cranberry blueberry drink, but I like to have that one because of the collagen.

The chocolate chip cookie is good, it's like a cross between a muffin and cookie, surprisingly filling and good if you're craving something sweet.

The chocolate and lemon puddings aren't bad if you mix them really well and then let them chill up and get thicker in the freezer.

The spaghetti was better than expected.

I'm not crazy about most of the bars, except for the double-chocolate. The dill pickle zippers are good.
PamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/191/135

I love mixing either the chocolate or cappuccino shake with coffee for my breakfast. Both are delish. Also like the cereal. Am going to try the Rotini and am hooked on the choc chip cookie and Choc raspberry bars. Both of those are restricted though but really good.
chershi is offline   Reply With Quote