South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Default Phase 1 Plan 01/14 thru 01/21

I hope it is OK that I started this. I checked in a couple other times today and couldn't post on the old thread.

Today is day 13 for me!! I am so close to eating an apple and praying it doesn't trigger cravings for me. I am not really a bread eater but I do like brown rice.

I have done good today drinking my water but ashamed it is almost dinner time and I do not know what we are having....

I did the one mile walk away the pounds video and incorporated the books interval training into it, which probably at those times just got me up to the same speed as the lady. This has got to get easier...right? The more I do it and more I lose I am sure it will.

Hope all you have had a great Monday it has been very rainy here! YUCK!!
paydaymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Paydaymom I think I can safely say it is OK to start the new weekly thread! Sounds like you are doing really well in P1. When you start P2, I found it helpful to save my new intro food to the end of the day. I need to eat a fat with fruit to keep me satisfied. Being from NY I could eat apples with every meal! Instead I enjoy it as my evening snack with cheese or PB.

The walking and all movement gets easier once the pounds keep coming off. I had a friend who lost 143 pounds on WW. I asked what she did for exercise her response was nothing. She laughed telling me not breaking out in a sweat putting on panty house was her first big accomplishment. Being able to carry the laundry up and down stairs or groceries were struggles for her. Now she plays with her kids, walks them to school, parks her car further away. Little things mean so much.

Exercising does get easier as you get stronger. You will be amazed at how much better you feel because of it.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 93.2kg - 91.5kg - 65kg

Height: 163cm

Day 9 and I'm a bit frustrated. I lost 3 pounds the first week and now today I'm suddenly up a pound. No idea why. I've stuck to the plan - no cheating. I know weight can flactuate - but still frustrating.
I was hoping to lose another 2 pounds this week.. but now I guess I'll be happy with one. Also worries me a bit for phase 2... as I've got a long way to go to reach my goal weight (60 pounds). Going to track my calories today to see if I might be eating more then I thought.
Cravings are not too bad - eventhough the pasta my husband had for dinner last night did look very tempting.
Nina1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Nina, a little fluctuation is perfectly normal. Mostly due to water retention, food choices, hormones etc. You still have a few days left on P1 and might be pleasantly surprised I actually gained my first week if P2. Annoying as it was I think my body was in shock lol. The second week I did lose and then the weight loss was fairly consistent. I did not gain 20 pounds overnight, so patience was key.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #5  

Thank you for the encouragment Jennifer. I know that the scale can not always be trusted and I've actually lost 0.8 inches around my waist, so I know my body is changing. And as you said - the weight didn't come on in a few days and I am determined to make a change for good this time round to not only lose the weight but keep it off for good.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #6  

Day 14!

Thanks for the tips Jennifer! I will take all I can get.

Nina - I stil log my food at another site where I can make notes. One day I thought I did do good but the scale was up 2lbs. When I looked over my day I had a lot of food with a lot sodium and had not really drank my water. It can be something really small that will even out.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #7  

We are going to have to start a new thread for phase one graduates or I am going to be lost again. I guess switch back to the daily thread?

I didn't write yesterday because I was too tired. I came home from work ate crock pot chili, threw the kids in bed and was asleep by 9:30!!!!

I tried the "French toast" yesterday and wasn't too impressed. It was like eating rubbery eggs. In truth I had to remind myself that the coating on French toast is eggy but this was too much. I will say it was sweet and is probably what helped me stay away from a co-workers bday cake when no one else did! One of the girls is on weight watchers and did make it yesterday. I will admit to sticking my head in the box and taking a big sniff!!!!

Nina1979 - Hang in there!! I weigh everyday because I can't resist but I go up and down too. Overall I'm down and I bet you will be too at the end of the week.

Payday - are you eating an apple tomorrow? Let me know how it goes!!

Hubby and I have our first date night since October this Sat. Help!!!
Where should we go to stick to the plan? Does Applebee's still have cauliflower mashed potatoes or is that ruby Tuesday?
yankeeinsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

There are lots of places that you can stay OP - and there are MANY places that will make certain things for you, or to your specifications. I call ahead when I am worried, and have been able to do well at many places.

What are your options?
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm....Texas is my favorite. Ask them not to bring the rolls!! Salad with no croutons, broccoli side with steak or chicken. mmmmmmm
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #10  

So who is moving to phase 2 with me? Anyone, anytime soon?

Yesterday my fitbit showed me how lazy I was...haha It has been so rainy here so I sat on my butt and knitted two scarves instead of being up doing something productive around the house. So last night during my tv show I walked in place during about half of it. hahahaha

I get to eat my apple today but will wait until later like it recommends...not to sure what grain to add as I am not a big bread eater. I am thinking popcorn b/c I love popcorn!! Especially with a little olive oil and some pink salt. We may just have to watch a movie while I enjoy it. hahaha
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #11  

I'm on day 11 so will be joining you in in phase 1.5 as I've seen some ppl call it. I'm happy that my pound up is down again.
I am really looking forward to being able to eat a piece of fruit and some oatmeal. I know the book says to maybe not have carbs for breakfast - but yesterday my eggs for breakfast made me feel a bit sick.. I'm literally sick and tired of eggs. I made the breakfast cheescakes for today but we don't have Splenda here in Europa and they tast a bit much of sweetener. Might give them another go next week with some changes.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #12  

My apple was really good! I moved my morning almonds to after lunch to eat with it. I have got to find a new mid morning snack as I was getting hungry by the time I got to it...
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #13  

Well actually today is day 11 and I'm down another pound - 4.5 so far in total. I still have some cravings but not too bad. Would be great to lose another pound or two till Monday.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina1979 View Post
Well actually today is day 11 and I'm down another pound - 4.5 so far in total. I still have some cravings but not too bad. Would be great to lose another pound or two till Monday.
I went up 3 lbs before I even started my first day on phase 2 ... My next weigh in day is next Wednesday and I hoping those 3 are gone!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #15  

And up a pound again ...
Only 3 more days of P1 and I am ready to move on.