View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #43
traveling michele

S/C/G: 178/127/120

Height: 5'5"

I'm writing to avoid the huge spread that just arrived in my staff room to celebrate January birthdays. I glanced at the sweet, sugary stuff and snagged a couple of pieces of fruit before hightailing it out of there.

I'm wondering if part of my weight woes are the fact that I'm eating at maintenance levels instead of weight loss levels. I think that some of us (myself at least) lose the weight with a combination of diet and exercise, and then keep up the exercise, but loosen the rigidity of the food. I need to quit "experimenting" to see what will happen if I eat something off plan-- I know what happens--- I gain..... I have so many future food events that I need to not eat off plan AT ALL except for those rare occasions. The next one is my hubby's 50th birthday-- we are going to Napa and eating at one of the top restaurants in the country (the chef is on Food Network a lot)... I know that weekend will be way off plan. Then, I have a cruise the end of March (plus my birthday in March)-- other than that, I will stick to plan!!!!

I joined the Bunco group on Meetup and now realize that there will be a lot of food involved! Each month has a theme-- for example February is BBQ-- each person brings something-- I signed up for "salad"-- I'll figure it out later but I will make it yummy and healthy! I hate to go meet new people and be the weirdo who doesn't eat so I'll have to be very careful at these evenings-- I already don't drink and it looks like drinking is involved too....sigh...

2018 workout goals:

150 Bikram yoga classes

400 workouts minimum

So far:

32 bikram yoga classes
200 workouts total
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote