Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Default LA Weight Loss kits at Costco.com

I got a good deal on an LA Weight Loss kit at Costco.com, which arrived today. It came with two bottles of Take Off and eight boxes of Lites for $99 plus about $4.00 to ship. Not bad, compared with the website price. Also, when I would try to order specials from the LAWL website, they would say there was something wrong with my address, so they wanted me to order over the phone. NO WAY will I give out any personal info over the phone! The Costco special lasts until the end of the month, and as far as I know, is online only.

The Lites were three boxes of Caramel, three of Chocolate Peanut Butter, and two of Chocolate Crunch. I did not see a way on the site to pick flavors, although I did call Costco and they said they'd fix that. No biggie for me, since I like all three flavors.

The dates were all good, too. July 2013 expiration dates for all of the bars, and March 2013 for the Take-Off juice. It does not come with the plan, just a diary, so you need to know what your portions are.

This is the most affordable, non-auto ship package I've seen since my center closed. I don't like long-term commitments, especially after being burned by LAWL in the past.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #2  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Hi Tracy, i have also ordered the costco deal. I ordered the whole shebang though b/c i am new to the LAWL plan. I was hoping to find some others who were doing the program via home delivery. I hope Costco continues to carry the products if I am successful with the diet as I would much rather order thru them than the LAWL site directly and not just b/c of the price!

I take it you already have the diet plan? Which plan are you doing?

Last edited by Dee2; 01-15-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #3  

Dee, I have my old red and purple plans, and am using the purple plan to start. My center closed before they started the numbered plans.

I am guessing that the $150 (on sale) kit has more of the program info, but I decided to try out the $99 (on sale) kit with just the bars, juice and diary.

BTW, I was never fond of the juice just over ice, but it tastes really good put in the blender with some crushed ice and blended until it is like a runny Icee or Slurpee. I am sipping on one as we "speak."

I will go with Costco, because I can just order and not have the run-around like I did on the LAWL site. No matter what I did, it said there was a problem with my address and I needed to call them to order. No other company has a problem with my address when I order online, so when I called and they wre asking for credit card info and such over the phone, I said no thanks. If they can't even handle a secure online purchase then they need to work out the bugs.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #4  
Dee2

Good thing you were suspicious...it's good to know what struggles others have had so I know not to do those things. Have you had any success using alternatives bars?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #5  

I have tried the Grab1 bars, which I first saw on this site as an advertisement, I believe. Just search Grab1 and it will pop up. The bars cost $24.95 for a box of 20, with free shipping. Once you buy a box online, you will get frequent emails for specials.

I have tried the caramel deluxe, the plain caramel and the berry bars. The first was fabulous, the second, very much like the LAWL caramel bars and the last--the berry--absolutely awful. I will probably stock up on the caramel deluxe after my stash of LAWL bars is gone from the Costco purchase. If I recall, they have more protein than the LAWL bars but taste great--none of that weird aftertaste like some bars that have too much protein or too many vitamins thrown in.

Curiously enough, I purchased the kit from Costco more for the juice than for the bars. I decided to have a new "Fast Forward" period with the first bottle to get rid of my cravings for sugar and junk food. Also, you lose water weight like crazy those first two days. I also think that plunking down $100 bucks makes you more inclined to make the purchase worthwhile by doing the right thing.

I did great on LAWL from 2005-2007 and lost 65 pounds. Then my center and my gym closed within a few months of one another and I put back on about 45 pounds. I'm happy not to have gained it all back, but I know that if the center had stayed open, I would still be there with bells on.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #6  
Dee2

I am anxiously awaiting my shipment now! I had a couple of hiccups ordering. Technically it was ordered yesterday morning. I hope I have it by Friday at least! Can't wait to do the FF. you have given me hope
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #7  

The Fast Forward is a real change to your routine, but you will find that a lot of your sugar cravings are gone after the two days. I presume they still have you drink the juice and eat meat and green vegetables on FF. When you are established on the plan, you do Take Off periods---two days with reduced food, but you get to eat your two Lites and also drink the Take Off juice.

I hope the deluxe plan from Costco has the whole plan for you. If you have any trouble, you can order the old colored plans from ebay like I did and they all include Fast Forward, Take Off, and the various portions needed for each weight group. I bought the plans from a private seller (they didn't get booted off of ebay once the company folded) and put it all in a binder. Of course, right after that, I found my lost Red and Purple plan booklets!

Today is my last FF day, so I will be back to regular food and Lites tomorrow. I am looking forward to the bars! I will check in periodically and let you know how I'm doing. You be sure to do the same.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #8  

I weighed this morning, and was pleasantly surprised to have lost 5 1/2 pounds during the "Fast Forward" period. Funny, I could never seem to go it alone without the center because I had not started the plan w/FF like I did back then. The FF is kind of a detox to help you get rid of your cravings for salt, sugar and starch. I will post at least weekly updates on my progress.

I had a chocolate peanut butter bar for breakfast, and they are a lot more compact and chewy than what I remembered back in 2007. I had only used the caramel flavor since then, until now.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #9  
Dee2

Absolutely, I will keep in touch on here! I need the support. I'm so glad to hear you lost 5.5 lbs! That's awesome. I hope I'm as successful as you!! Still haven't rec'd my pkg. I'm anxious to get started. I even had it shipped to my work as I figured that would be quicker......