Old 01-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263.3/254/165

Height: 5'7

Lightbulb Newbie who needs a little support

Hi everyone I'm new to this site. This is the second time I'm trying IP. I tried it in 2010 and had absolutely no support and had medical issue. Now in 2013 medical issues resolved and have been on IP for 1 week had my first weigh-in on Monday with a 9.6 loss. I was extremely happy and hope that I can stick with it. This forum is so full of support, inspiration, recipies and great ideas. I'd just like to say a great big HI to everyone.
pootyboomboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Hi! I'm a newbie too. I have my first weigh in Friday. I have totally been op, but pretty hungry. I am psyched and committed, I have never lost 10lbs in a week before.��
Glover girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #3  

Hi Glover girl - I was pretty hungry too and bad head-ache the first week - hoping this week goes better and if your following the plan you will rock the scale on Friday.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #4  

Welcome to both of you!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootyboomboom View Post
Hi everyone I'm new to this site. This is the second time I'm trying IP. I tried it in 2010 and had absolutely no support and had medical issue. Now in 2013 medical issues resolved and have been on IP for 1 week had my first weigh-in on Monday with a 9.6 loss. I was extremely happy and hope that I can stick with it. This forum is so full of support, inspiration, recipies and great ideas. I'd just like to say a great big HI to everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Hi! I'm a newbie too. I have my first weigh in Friday. I have totally been op, but pretty hungry. I am psyched and committed, I have never lost 10lbs in a week before.��

Stick with the plan and you will do great!!! the beginning is the hardest but if you go thru the forms and search up the foods, recipes, and any specific questions you have and then plan, plan, plan it get so much easier. Make the plan work for you, stay 100% and you will get the most out of IP and see the best results for yourself. Come here when you need support and provide it for others as well, the daily thread is a great place to post questions and there are many other threads that are more specific to areas of IP. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #6  

The first week was an adjustment for me, but I found it easier to keep things simple and not worry about finding recipes to make, etc.... I found my own eating routine and decided to stick with it. Granted, my dinner meals were pretty mundane, but I was okay with it, as it helped we get used to the program. (Basic chicken, steak, hamburger kinds of dinners, with roasted veggies and salad)

One thing that stopped me from too much recipe searching was the cost of each packet -- what if I made something with my packet only to decide I didn't like it? It was a $4 failed experiment. BUT. I am a picky eater so simple was best.

Welcome to the club!
SassyGirl424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Hi! and welcome! I'm fairly new here myself, just had my week 2 weigh-in, and this site has been a great support. Congrats on a phenomenal first week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Glover, welcome! Most people don't lose anywhere near 10 pounds, that's the exception. You never know though. Good luck!
PamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 304/249/170

Height: 5'7"

Welcome....My wife and I are 2 weeks into it and have had no issues. Looking forward to seeing how all of us newbies progress!
mpstaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Another newbie here..tomorrow is my first WI...im excited and nervous..
jeffiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #10  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi Glover girl - I was pretty hungry too and bad head-ache the first week - hoping this week goes better and if your following the plan you will rock the scale on Friday.
I'm in week 3 (weigh in on Thursday) and after day 5 for me, the headache was gone and by day 14, all my energy had returned, and then zoomed up. I don't have the hunger issues any longer, either.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #11  

Thank you all for your comments of support, its really appreciated. Did any of you have any bathroom problems?? Sorry to be personal.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/157/145

Height: 5'8

I'm new here too - just started today. I feel pretty good so far but did have a headache and hunger. I just drank a lot of green tea and water which i think helped a little. I am so excited to see progress and it is great to hear that side effects go away pretty quickly. I am so glad this community is here for support and ideas.
runnergrl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #13  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thank you all for your comments of support, its really appreciated. Did any of you have any bathroom problems?? Sorry to be personal.
Hey Pooty (love the name!!), welcome to IP and 3FC. A lot of us experience the "big C" at times. Be sure you are taking in plenty of water. Although the plan recommends 64 oz minimum, most of us drink more. I drink almost 4 L (~120 oz) daily. That seems to be the amount that works for me. Be sure you are getting all your veggies in, and mix them up a little. Eating cucumbers all the time is of course on plan, but they have little fiber. Spinach, broccoli, asparagus, etc. are going to help things move along better. The IP Natura multivitamins have some iron in them. I found replacing 1 per day with a non-iron containing multi-vit helped me. Finally, many people on this forum have recommended Smooth Move tea. A cup before bed and the next morning really helps.
pocahontas812 is offline   Reply With Quote