Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Lisa...Hope your day is fabulous
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #3  

Back atcha, our new resident chef!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #4  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning all!! After all my panicking yesterday, my food package was delivered! Yay!! Of course my DH found it under my mailbox on the side of the road in a puddle!! So I will be calling the post office to complain! That box had almost $300 of stuff in it! What if some stupid teenager drove by and said "hey let's grab that package and see what's in it!" I would be angry (not my first word choice but I'll keep it G-rated).

Anyways, I picked up some RTD's and bars so now I have 4 weeks of food! Back on track and ready to go!!
Hope all of you have a great OP day!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

I want to say a huge THANK YOU to LISA, MOMPATTIE, SONYA, MAEZY, RAGDOLL, SAHMMOMMY2, and MONICA for your kind, sweet, encouraging words regarding my +2.8 WI. You are all such a blessing! I know it happens but this was my first time, and it was a bit of a shock. But I know I have been 100% OP and I'm going to keep plugging away 100% OP.

Congratulations SAHMMOMMY2 and MOMPATTIE on your WONDERFUL WIs!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, warm, 100% day!

PS I'm NOT changing my ticker. If I'm still over my ticker next WI, then I'll think about it

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-15-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone! Another ch-ch-chilly day here in South Dakota, and a 50% chance of snow. That's exciting news (as much as I don't really like snow). Our farmers and ranchers need it, as we have been in a drought. We will take any moisture we can get.

Had a great day yesterday. It's nice not to feel hungry all the time. I am not close to my center right now, so haven't been measured/weighed yet. I should be able to this weekend! I'm excited/nervous. I do miss that weekly contact with my coach. I always felt extra motivation after my weekly meeting.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning all!! After all my panicking yesterday, my food package was delivered! Yay!! Of course my DH found it under my mailbox on the side of the road in a puddle!! So I will be calling the post office to complain! That box had almost $300 of stuff in it! What if some stupid teenager drove by and said "hey let's grab that package and see what's in it!" I would be angry (not my first word choice but I'll keep it G-rated).
Unbelievable! I would be angry too. I'm glad nothing was damaged and that you finally got your food.

Tuesday is my hardest day on IP. My daughters skate at different times after school, so I. At the arena until about 7pm, and not home until 7:30pm. The arena canteen definitely does not have anything IP Friendly! The IP packets are no problem to bring and have there, but I usually wait until I get home for the protein. I have to plan better and have the protein for lunch, but here we are again, and no leftover protein ready to go in the fridge. Maybe I'll have to go out for lunch and have a big steak! lol

Last edited by 1LittleStar; 01-15-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Unbelievable! I would be angry too. I'm glad nothing was damaged and that you finally got your food.

Tuesday is my hardest day on IP. My daughters skate at different times after school, so I. At the arena until about 7pm, and not home until 7:30pm. The arena canteen definitely does not have anything IP Friendly! The IP packets are no problem to bring and have there, but I usually wait until I get home for the protein. I have to plan better and have the protein for lunch, but here we are again, and no leftover protein ready to go in the fridge. Maybe I'll have to go out for lunch and have a big steak! lol
Hi LittleStar-

I was just looking over your WI info on your siggy and wanted to say, WOW!! You are ROCKING this diet!!!! WTG
Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #9  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy IPeeps...looks like I picked the right day to hit the treadmill...it snowed here this morning, and thundered! I was able to sneak in 6-miles at the gym this morning. Enjoying my deserved egg white sandwich, plan on washing it down with a spinach smoothie later! Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post

Have you tried Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh packs? The have chicken that is cooked and perfect for a salad or when you are on the go. Read the label, because there are some that have sugar, but that have some that are 0/0/0. I also have gotten tuna to go. They are easy to pack along and perfect in a pinch!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all!

So this week I'm trying to be extra diligent about my water... I'm really hoping to see the 170s on Saturday at my WI and my daily weighing isn't looking great so far. So I'm trying to do double the water to hopefully get me there.

Unfortunately the security guard at work sits right in front of the ladies room, so I'm sure he thinks I'm sick, but I'll just keep going past him once an hour or so today!

I hope everybody has a great OP day today!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post

PS I'm NOT changing my ticker. If I'm still over my ticker next WI, then I'll think about it
I didn't change my ticker either the week I had a gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobehealthy View Post
Good morning all!

So this week I'm trying to be extra diligent about my water... I'm really hoping to see the 170s on Saturday at my WI and my daily weighing isn't looking great so far. So I'm trying to do double the water to hopefully get me there.

Unfortunately the security guard at work sits right in front of the ladies room, so I'm sure he thinks I'm sick, but I'll just keep going past him once an hour or so today!

I hope everybody has a great OP day today!
I'm a daily weigher and hourly pee-er also
Attached Images
File Type: gif scale-cry.gif (29.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #13  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey! I forgot to mention my NSV!! Last night I put on my "Mudder-in-training" t-shirt (I'm doing Tough Mudder in August). It's one of those super fitted ladies t-shirts that the skinny girls wear and even though I got a large I haven't dared to put it on until last night. DH came in from the garage and was like "Wow! I can really see how much you've lost! Your shape is changing and you look awesome!" It really means a lot cause he's not one to gush like that. He would never say anything unless he really sees a difference. It made me feel so good!! It's so amazing how supportive he's been! I love this program!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

1LittleStar - You are doing great. Have you tried the Big Mac Recipe? I ususally make 1 lb of hamburger and then throw half in the fridge for the next day. Since it is a salad, it would pack nice for either your lunch or dinner. Also, maybe hardboil some eggs and have them handy in the fridge, you could grab one and take it with you too?

MrsKuby - YAY Food That seems like a bad location for your package!

Auroragrl - Keep it up. I love not feeling hungry. That is one of the questions I have people ask me the most and I am happy to tell them I am content! If you don't have weekly access to your clinic, you could always weigh in here. There is wonderful support here. I do alternatives, so no coach for me, but I do post my WI every week Just keep in mind that your home scale will probably not show the same number as the clinic one.

LizRR - Love your dedication. I really hope to run when I am done. You are rocking this!

tobehealthy - have you had a big steak lately? I noticed I tend to see the scale move after a nice steak. Also, if you've been eating the same thing for a while, maybe try changing up the packets/veggies. I'm sure you're not stalled, but you have to keep your body wondering to keep the scale moving

Last edited by sahmmommy2; 01-15-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hey! I forgot to mention my NSV!! Last night I put on my "Mudder-in-training" t-shirt (I'm doing Tough Mudder in August). It's one of those super fitted ladies t-shirts that the skinny girls wear and even though I got a large I haven't dared to put it on until last night. DH came in from the garage and was like "Wow! I can really see how much you've lost! Your shape is changing and you look awesome!" It really means a lot cause he's not one to gush like that. He would never say anything unless he really sees a difference. It made me feel so good!! It's so amazing how supportive he's been! I love this program!!!
That's one of the best NSVs! Get used to it!
Closed Thread