Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default I have a question.

Is there a person on the planet who wears something besides skinny jeans? Because when I went shopping the other day, damn near every single store had nothing but skinny jeans. Now, I appreciate a nice skinny jean as much as the next person, but why can't I have a choice? It's like I either get skinny jeans or, forgive me, grandma jeans. What gives!

I did find a nice pair of flare legged jeans from Delia's for 11.99. Score!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #2  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Of course there is, it's just because of a on going fad.
oh silly fashion trends when will they end lol
I can find plenty of normal jeans, maybe you should shop at other stores?
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I prefer flair... I also buy at the goodwill :-)
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

I prefer flair pants too!! I will not walk out of the house in skinny jeans.
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL well some of us are very thankful! I have a big waist and stomach, very small thighs, butt and skinny legs... and have not been able to buy jeans... or ANY pants... in years that did not have "elephant legs" on me. FINALLY I can now wear them... except on me they are not the leggings/jeggings they are supposed to be (and which I would love to wear) but fit like regular pants/jeans.

So I guess it all depends on your perspective.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #6  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

I'm thankful for skinny jeans too. I'm short and wear small sizes but most jeans are too long for my ridiculously short legs. Skinny jeans are the only kind I don't have to hem.
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #7  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I am not a fan of skinny jeans. They feel uncomfortable to me. I tend to be able to find comfortable flare-legged Levi or LEI jeans at Walmart. I also love bargain hunting at Goodwill when it comes to jeans.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #8  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I wear American Eagle jeans, and I have no issue ever finding the non-skinny ones, lol.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW- 230/ SW-209/CW- ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I absolutely love skinny jeans, but at this weight with my height and build, they are not very flattering on me right now. My legs look like two large hamhocks with boots on. LOL. But I do like the look. However, since I don't wear them now, I haven't had any problem finding other types of jeans. I usually get jeans from Old Navy or New York and Company, and they have different cuts besides skinny jeans.
MochaLatteMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaLatteMom View Post
I absolutely love skinny jeans, but at this weight with my height and build, they are not very flattering on me right now. My legs look like two large hamhocks with boots on. LOL. But I do like the look. However, since I don't wear them now, I haven't had any problem finding other types of jeans. I usually get jeans from Old Navy or New York and Company, and they have different cuts besides skinny jeans.
Mine look like hamhocks too! It could be that it's because I bought a red pair though lol.

I am so out of touch with fashion that I didn't know what "skinny" jeans meant when I bought them. I did try them on before I bought them and the waist, legs, etc. fit so I thought I was good to go, taking off the tags etc.

What the heck kind of shoes do you all wear with them? They don't look good with boots (they are too "skinny" to go down to my ankle over the boots. They don't look good with my favorite clogs as they bunch up on top of them (if that makes any sense). My calves can't handle knee high boots yet with pants tucked in so I can't try that yet.

Hopefully by the time it's sandal season again I will already be too skinny for my skinny jeans!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #11  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
I wear American Eagle jeans, and I have no issue ever finding the non-skinny ones, lol.
what style of American Eagle do you get? I'm asking because I am curvy...I carry most of my weight in my lower half. I went looking at AE jeans before and they all looked like skinny jeans to me so I left the store! I found the perfect jeans around 7 years ago...Lucky Brand Easy Rider. They are mid-rise, relaxed hip and thigh...perfect for me! BUT, of course, they stopped selling them in stores and now only have them online. This wouldn't be an issue if they still made them the same, though. I got a pair online and I don't like them

BUT, I do have like 10 pairs of them because I began buying them on ebay, used, a few years back and I love them used so much better! Now I am a few pairs short because of wear and tear, and even though I still have many pairs they don't all fit the same. Hence the need to lose at least 10 pounds in order to be comfortable in them again.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #12  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
What the heck kind of shoes do you all wear with them? They don't look good with boots (they are too "skinny" to go down to my ankle over the boots. They don't look good with my favorite clogs as they bunch up on top of them (if that makes any sense). My calves can't handle knee high boots yet with pants tucked in so I can't try that yet.
I wear mine either with boots + pants tucked in, sometimes with leg warmers over the top, or with ballet flats.
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #13  

[QUOTE=mimsyborogoves;4590819]I have a question. QUOTE]

I just have to say, your profile pic goes perfect with this topic. Everytime I click on it to read the updates, it looks like you really are pondering the question and it makes me smile.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: HW- 230/ SW-209/CW- ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Mine look like hamhocks too! It could be that it's because I bought a red pair though lol.

I am so out of touch with fashion that I didn't know what "skinny" jeans meant when I bought them. I did try them on before I bought them and the waist, legs, etc. fit so I thought I was good to go, taking off the tags etc.

Hopefully by the time it's sandal season again I will already be too skinny for my skinny jeans!
Elvislover324. I would wear them with ballet flats, but I really would want to wear them with pointy-toe pumps (when I reach my goal). I also cant wear tall boots as I suffer from the same calf problem. But when I get there (goal weight), there will be no stopping me. LOL
MochaLatteMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #15  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Well I will say I have found other cuts of jeans out there, it just seems that's all anyone had in the mall the other day. Also, I was looking to spend no more than $25 on them, and finding the right price was a chore in itself! I work at the mall so it's easy to scoot around the stores on my lunches or when I get off in the afternoon.

But don't get me wrong, I love skinnies! I'm wearing a brand new pair of neon green ones right now with black flats. However, some outfits just look better with a wider leg jean, and bootcuts often are still too slim in the leg anymore. Where have y'all found good flare leg jean in a nice dark wash?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote