Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 01:29 PM   #1  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

Question 4BloodType-Eat Right for your Blood/Body Type

Has anyone tried this? I read a little of the book and was wondering is this another gimmick...should I invest in it?? any comments would be appriciated!
Old 05-24-2003, 12:24 PM   #2  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AMBER

I eat this way. You would be surprised just how much better you will feel. While you won't lose too much weight, you can incorporate this with another plan and eat accordingly. I myself follow Sugar Buster's...I'm O + and with this plan, it's exactly what I need.

GOOD LUCK

BOB
Old 05-24-2003, 11:37 PM   #3  
Cute Chick

Thanks for the info...I am O- ...I think I will go to the library and check out the book so I can make copies of some of the pages....I don't want spend $30 on a book that I will only use 1 chapter...
Old 05-25-2003, 01:04 AM   #4  
it's always something

I would suggest the library, too

I've not read the book, but the only references I've found didn't place much faith in the concept. There may well be some good diet tips in the book, you never know! BOB has incorporated some of the ideas with her SB plan and is happy with the results. Whether or not that actually has to do with blood type may be questionable.

The Mayo Clinic says there is no evidence to support the claims in this book. Harvard Medical School also says the same thing.

There are a lot of diets out there which are based on specific ideas, but most have no scientific basis. The diets may work, but it's because they require that we restrict our food intake (consume fewer calories). Eliminating certain foods, however, may not always be a good idea because we risk developing a nutrient deficiency.

From another point of view... The idea that our bodies digest foods differently based on our blood type just doesn't seem logical. I really think that our bodies were designed to be more efficient than that.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I do this too. A+. I have found I feel much better and sure know it if I screw up with the dairy and wheat. We got interested because my daughter (then 18) started showing signs of irritable bowel.
I didn't buy the big book, just the food lists. About $6 or $7, I think. There's lots of info on the web too, including the lists.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:27 PM   #6  
Cute Chick

I think I am going to go to the library and just incorporate a bunch of info from a bunch of books that may help me. Just stick to the food guide pyramid, and keep my calories around 1300 a day...
Old 05-26-2003, 08:35 PM   #7  

Smart move Amber. Find out what works for you.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:58 AM   #8  
Searching

I thought it was kind of goofy. Reminded me of horoscopes where the facts are based upon generalizations. There should be 1 diet book: EAT LESS, MOVE MORE.

Miss Chris
Old 05-27-2003, 02:05 PM   #9  

I'm a little interested to know more about this too.I may check to see what food groups is good for me with a blood type of A-......... Rh-Negative factor.Hmmmm....interesting!

Good Luck Amber!
Old 05-29-2003, 10:46 AM   #10  

Default blood type or genetics?

I don't know about the blood type theory - I would think your racial makeup is more important. I'm of Nordic descent from Minnesota and I can TOTALLY tolerate all kinds of dairy, and I have to eat yogurt every day or I get (sorry guys) yeast infections. I need extra salt too for Mitral Valve Prolapse syndrome (which may also be the cause of the yeast infections). I lose weight easiest on high protein low carb.

My husband, on the other hand, is Japanese. He has troubles with too much protein and salt (gout and kidney stones). Can't eat mackeral and saury fish (my FAVORITES). He doesn't like dairy because he didn't grow up with it except for government-supplied milk at school after the occupation. He's naturally skinny even though he eats mostly carbs, but he hates sweet stuff (didn't grow up with that either).

Good grief, we're like Jack Sprat and his wife, and I have to cook two different meals all the time. He's an A and I'm an O by the way...
Old 05-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #11  

LOL! I don't know for sure about all the blood types but loosely speaking ..... O are meat eaters and A are vegetarians who need soy.
I agree that it could have lot to do with area of origin.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:16 PM   #12  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

The book gives the breakdown for different races and nationalities..you would be surprised how much it hits you on the nose...
What I do is completely stay away from the forbidden list and I feel better when I do that on a constant basis..
If you combine your list with the plan that you follow, you will have success...I promise!

BOB
Old 09-26-2003, 05:26 PM   #13  

In my opinion this book was awful!! I couldn't eat any wheat, and was suppose to eat tons of tofu. A lot of veggies I normally eat were forbidden too. I feel like all I did was waste my money on crazy foods.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:15 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

I use the suggestions as a guide......it didn't help me with weight control, but I did notice feeling a bit better when I watched the things that it said to watch.

rb
Old 10-16-2003, 04:46 PM   #15  

Default Great!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rochemist
I thought it was kind of goofy. Reminded me of horoscopes where the facts are based upon generalizations. There should be 1 diet book: EAT LESS, MOVE MORE.

Miss Chris
tHAT IS EXACTLY HOW I feel. Although, I think there is actually some validity to this way of eating. It wasn't really designed to lose weight, but to make you feel better. There have been many scientific links to the idea of blood type affecting the digestive system, etc. I feel cutting anything out is asking for trouble though. It is excess that hurts the body, and this type of eating is another form of excess. Plain and simple. Eat Less-Move More, well said...
Closed Thread