South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default No Moaning Monday Chat - January 14

Good morning from semi-tropical Delta. (Well, 40ºF is tropical for us in January.) I'm enjoying it as much as I can, knowing we are back to snow and cold later this week - maybe even tomorrow!

Did not sleep very much last night - a side effect of my cold capsules, I think, so am skipping the gym this morning. I think I have this sniffles, earache thing beat. Sure hope so as I leave for Cuba on Thursday. (Did I mention I was going to Cuba? )

This morning, I have laundry to finish, some packing decisions to make and then will do what I can to catch up on accounting stuff. Tuesday and Wednesday are packed with my usual out-and-about stuff so today is really my only "free" day. I'm going to Claire's place for dinner tonight which will be great. My fridge is getting pretty bare.

So what's a'happening on your stretch of the sand today?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth It's 40 here too, looks like warmer temps until Friday (when I have a day off what's with that). Our snow is almost gone.
Just 4 days this week, and no evenings so far! I'm looking forward to an extra day off Friday.

Today's cooking experiment - a turkey breast in the crockpot. The chicken worked great (and as a bonus the skin wasn't crispy so I wasn't tempted) so I'm sure this will. That and roasted cauli for dinner. Yum.

The sooner I get the day moving the sooner it will be time to relax, and workout! Hope your Monday is a breeze.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! Just got a phone call from Donna. Her sister had a massive heart attack this morning and the family are gathering at the hospital in Pembroke. We may not be going to Cuba. Crossing my fingers and trying not to think of it - more concerned about Donna who is extremely upset.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh no, Ruth! Prayers for Donna, her sister, and their family.

Cyndi - I am so jealous of the 4 day work week this week! Mine's a 6 day .

I'm sitting her nibbling on my spinach and feta omelette. I was way more in the mood for grains, but I don't need them! DH just took off early this AM for a conference, he won't be back until Wed PM. Just me and the kids...what to do, what to do?!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Ruth....prayers for Donna and her family today!

I'm on the run...it is bitter cold here. My coworker's pipes froze so we got another gal to come in. I'm going out right now to start the car and let it warm up for 5 minutes. -7 right now. Brrr....

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth oh no prayers headed that way for Donna's sister and her family

Cyndi you will have to let us know how it turned out

Tywnn hopefully you will get to enjoy time with the kids while DH is away

Debbie it was 18 this morning brrrr as well, I had to get a new battery for my car yesterday as it did not want to start but finally did so I went and got the battery tested since I knew it would be so cold this morning and it was bad.

Went to an employee's mom viewing yesterday but other than that stayed home all weekend finishing up the shades of gray books, I must say I find them highly overrated and not my cup of tea and do not know how they will make a movie out of them that I would want to go see ever.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, I too will keep Donna and her family in my prayers.

Cyndi thanks for the sourdough starter, WAY too much work for me, so I will save that indulgence for going out.

Tammy enjoy your time with the kiddies. I'm sure you will think of something.

Debbie come to the east coast, we have spring like temps these days

Thank you Pearlrose!!! I only read the first one as it was not for me. If they make a movie it will be shown for a quarter in Times Square lol. I thought I was the only woman who did not care for it. Red room of pain?? No thank you. lol

We got a lot accomplished at Joe's yesterday too. Rearranged the living room furniture, washed his daughter's car (she is in Belize on a medical mission through college so cool) and purged more magazines plus a few other little things. We even managed a trip to Kohl's. I treated myself to new kitchen utensils (spatulas, mixing spoons etc) I have had my current ones since my wedding shower and they definitely needed to be replaced.

Joe and I both started P1 today. He has been on "vacation" so this will be good for both of us. It is nice to have someone to share food with too. Thursday we are making a swap. My venison chili for his white bean and escarole soup Yum!

With my lengthy post I guess you can tell I am off today. Long ride in the living room planned with some house cleaning today, whoopie!!

Enjoy the day
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, chicks. this week is starting rough - the kids' bus never came this morning, so I had to throw on clothes over my pjs at 7AM and give them a ride. DD's braces broke, so I have to take some time off and get her to the orthodontist, then race back hopefully in time for a telecon this morning, and then work through lunch. And lots of work...
I got a few things done over the weekend anyway. At least the tree is out waiting for pickup tomorrow, and all the Christmas remnants are packed up. I shopped and did food prep for the week too. We went to see Les Mis. I was kind of disappointed, can't believe Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway got Golden Globes! Still worth seeing, but I think the casting was not great for the major roles. The underlings were all fantastic, even Amanda Seyfried was good. They should not have gone for star power, the singing's kind of important.
Cluck at you later!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Thoughts and prayers, Ruth!

Be well -
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

*waves* Feeling kind of puny today, ladies, so I'm about to lay down and nap. Just wanted to say hello.

Schmoodle - I really enjoyed the movie, but Russell Crowe is definitely not going to be turning in his acting career for a singing career anytime soon. He wasn't Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia bad, but his timing seemed off and he's just not that talented a singer. I thought Anne Hathaway was FANTASTIC, though.
Closed Thread