Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Calling All Newbies, Veterans, and Possible Lurkers

Hi Ladies! Just got back from my Food Instruction Class and I'm still so very excited about MRC! So I have some questions! Hope they are fun!

How long have you been on program?

What menu are you on?

What is your favorite HNS?

What is your least favorite HNS?

For Newbies: What HNS did you get to try?

What supplements are you on/have you liked?

Do you have a favorite recipe?

For Veterans- Do you have any advice for us newbies?

For Newbies- What thoughts/concerns do you have about your program?

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 01-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #2  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I've been on program for about a week. I've been pre-conditioning and now I'm starting my plan tomorrow.

What menu are you on?
I was put on the beige menu. Meta-Slim Level 1 Weight Loss Plan (Rev 1/2012)

I just got all clears for now since that is what I can have Days 1-4. I got Pomegranate, Green Tea Cran, Grapefruit, Strawberry Gelatin and Wildberry Passion.

Other then the multi and krill oil- I am on corti-slim.

Not yet- but I bought the cookbook!

Check out my thread- "A $50 cookie."
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

I was on pre-conditioning menu for 8 days, I start my plan tomorrow also.

What menu are you on?
I have the beige menu, Meta-Slim Level 1 Weight Loss Plan (Rev 1/2012)

I went with the "special" at my center, 10 boxes for $100. I got Kiwi Melon, Blue Raspberry, Pomegranate, Pink Lemonade, Wildberry Passion, Peach Mango, Lemon, Double Chocolate Pudding, Vanilla Creme Pudding and Cream of Chicken with Veggies.

I'm taking ADWL (All Day Weight Loss), Corti-Trim, MRC-6, Total Woman Oil, Krill Oil and Womens Vitamen. I'm not sure how I feel about the Corti-Trim and MRC-6, thinking of not using them next month to see if I can tell a difference.

Each time I try one of the new recipes I've found on this site I say "Oh, this is my favorite". Tonight, I pan fried chicken breast coated with parmasean cheese and a packet of ranch dressing mix....my mouth was watering from the smell of it cooking and boy oh boy was it delicious. I bought the cookbook tonight too but they were out of stock so it's on order.

I'm excited about the program. I've tried dieting on my own and Weight Watchers online with no luck, I like the accountiblity by checking into the center at least 2 times a week and taking the classes. I had some concerns about the times when I will struggle but since I've found this website and read that others go through the same thing I'm encouraged. I have no doubt that I will have struggles and possibly get down on the plateus/gains thoroughout the few months down the road, with support I can do this.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/174/160

Height: 5' 5''

I have been on pre-conditioning menu for five days, and will continue that for two more.

What menu are you on?
I have the white menu, Meta-Slim Level 2 Weight Loss Plan

I have to say, I was pretty overwhelmed with all the information at the first meeting, lol. I just circled a few to get me through the first couple of weeks so I didn't buy too much of something I hated, lol. I bought Lemon, Grape, Cranberry Grape, Chicken Boullon, and Mixed Berry. Haven't tried any yet!

I will start Phentatrim on Monday, but I have been taking the Essential Fatty Acid pills two-three times a day, and really like them to aid with regularity.

They were sold out of the cookbook at my center I have tried the Breakfast Casserole I found on this forum. It was pretty good...just a little dry and needed to add some lemon juice to it.

I'm worried about boredom....that's a lot of chicken and ground turkey breast I see in my future. The turkey is SO dry. I was really disappointed I couldn't get the cookbook to figure out how do add flavor and moisture to these meats I'll be eating two or three times a day
peg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Hi Ladies! Just got back from my Food Instruction Class and I'm still so very excited about MRC! So I have some questions! Hope they are fun!

I started on June 22, 2012

What menu are you on?
I'm in maintenance

Peach mango

all the liquid ones LOL

Stay on plan, WATER WATER WATER, weigh in at least once a week, ask lots of questions! And always come to this site for support!!!

GOODLUCK TO ALL THE NEWBIES!! This program works!!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #6  

Just started this Fri on the pre-conditioning, so yes, I have a long way to go. Haven't gotten to the HNS or anything and for anybody looking it was $399 for the 17 week + 1 yr program for losing 50lbs. I have my first 'cooking class' on Wed and I'm guessing that's when I will get my menu.

I'm nervous, but so ready to get this show on the road.

Oh and for the record, I have PCOS, Hashimoto's and Lupus so weight loss just hasn't been in the cards for me at all. I'm really hoping this is the magic bullet.
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

How long have you been on program? Since June 19, 2012

What menu are you on? Level 1 meta slim

What is your favorite HNS? Pomegranite

What is your least favorite HNS? the coffee flavor one

What supplements are you on/have you liked? I'm on the big 3, plus total woman, metabolic glucose formula

Do you have a favorite recipe? the pancake one in the cookbook is pretty good
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corisimo View Post
Just started this Fri on the pre-conditioning, so yes, I have a long way to go. Haven't gotten to the HNS or anything and for anybody looking it was $399 for the 17 week + 1 yr program for losing 50lbs. I have my first 'cooking class' on Wed and I'm guessing that's when I will get my menu.

I'm nervous, but so ready to get this show on the road.

Oh and for the record, I have PCOS, Hashimoto's and Lupus so weight loss just hasn't been in the cards for me at all. I'm really hoping this is the magic bullet.
Wow, nice to hear from someone dealing with the same type of challenges.. I have PCOS and hashimotos as well. Dealt with fertility issues for many many years and weight gain. It was impossible to lose more than 10lbs on any other diet I tried. But this program has worked for me! I have to tell you that one of the biggest problems I realized came after the hormone testing they do. My estrogen was through the roof and my progesterone was at the bottome (no surprise, it's why I was infertile for so long) but i didn't realize the connection to weight gain and storing fat. You must make sure your levels are under control othewise you will be fighting an uphill battle. Estrogen is a huge problem with fat cells and producing more fat cells, etc etc. I do progesterone cream days 12-24 now and it's been amazing the difference! Good luck!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #9  

Thanks Anjy! I need the encouragement/commiseration! I just mailed off the test today, so hopefully there will be answers in there somewhere. Are you able to get the loss that others are saying? I wondered if mine would be slower even if this does work. So far, it seems like so much food. I'm not used to eating so much. I'm terrified that I'm going to gain on the pre-conditioning and am scared to weigh myself at this point.
corisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

How long have you been on program? Since Jan. 7th 2013

What menu are you on? Going onto BLUE days 5-10

What is your favorite HNS? Peach Mango or strawberry banana

What is your least favorite HNS? dont have one yet

For Newbies: What HNS did you get to try? didn't - I live in CA - there are no MRCs near me

What supplements are you on/have you liked? Im on my own Omega 3 and Multi + B12

Do you have a favorite recipe? Haven't done recipes, trying to keep it simple

concerns - regularity (its seems to be an issue right now) Im on day 4 of YELLOW
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corisimo View Post
Thanks Anjy! I need the encouragement/commiseration! I just mailed off the test today, so hopefully there will be answers in there somewhere. Are you able to get the loss that others are saying? I wondered if mine would be slower even if this does work. So far, it seems like so much food. I'm not used to eating so much. I'm terrified that I'm going to gain on the pre-conditioning and am scared to weigh myself at this point.
Mine's been pretty slow but steady.. but knowing that I've never had success before on any diet keeps me going. For PCOS, carbs are the enemy.. you'll have to know that going forward and I think that's why this sort of high protein diet works well. But just know that you'll have to do more protein less carbs in order to be able to maintain the weight loss. And yes it is a lot of food! But it's the right type and the right amount of calories/balance. I think we tend to starve our bodies when we diet without intending to and that just makes the body hold on to everything anyway
Old 01-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

June 1, 2012

Mixed Berry with LeCroix sparkling flavored water

Peach Mango

From MRC:
Corti-Trim, MRC-6, MSM, B6, B12, Enhancer, Calcium, D3, Q-10, Multi-Vitamin, and Minerals.
Additional:
Biotin (for my hair loss), BioSil (for my hair loss), Synthroid (thyroid)

Putting Walden Farms Pancake syrup on my eggs!!!

Stick with it and don't cheat...the plan will work and you will be greatly rewarded!! Find something that reminds you to stay on plan. For me, it's my MRC braclets...when I see them on my wrist all day, it's a constant reminder that I don't want to be morbidly obese again!! I'm right handed, so I wear in on my right wrist. I also eat at the same times everyday...6am - 1pm - 6pm...and if I'm out where I can't eat at those times, I plan ahead. Always have a HNS in your purse for a snack if needed. I also pack my lunch and have things in my desk instead of going out and being tempted.

Good Luck Everyone!!!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote