Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 12:54 AM   #1  
Refreshed

Cool Please Help: Addicted to Atkins Bars.

Hello,

I did SugarBusters for 4 years and two months ago switched to Atkins. While both are similar, SugarBusters is more forgiving. I enjoy this lifestyle change, but have recently decided to try to hit my major goal of losing 8 more pounds.

I jog 2.5 miles a day and walk 1-2 miles a day with ankle weights. I do this at least 5 times/week. Therefore, I feel my exercise routine is good.

As for food, I eat under 20 carbs/day. However, I eat 1-2 Atkins Bars/day! I think they are causing me to plateau and are causing me to crave more sugar. I know that Atkins says too many carbs in one sitting can cause a sugar craving. And, eating 2 S'Mores bars in ONE DAY is absurd.

What can I do to stop this? I seriously need some help with cutting down the bars to one/week. Any motivational advice? Any tips or hints?

Any assistance is appreciated.

April Marie
Old 09-25-2003, 09:02 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I think you hit the nail on the head, I would also suspect that 2 bars a day might cause damage. I also am addicted to carb wise bars.. the smores ones too lol. The only thing that keeps me away from them is the price and not keeping them in the house.

But, one other thing about those bars is they are high in calories. Take a look at your calorie intake as well and well maybe just cutting out one bar might help.

If you feel like its a true addiction, then I would stop buying them. I also notice the more chocolates and sweets I eat the more I want....vicious cycle.

Since you are so close to your goal, your gonna have a harder time losing so reducing calories might help or uping your exercise.

I'm so proud of you, only 8 more pounds to go....
Old 09-26-2003, 11:52 AM   #3  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

I agree with Eileen.
Once there gone from your cabinets - don't buy anymore.
I have not / and have no intention on ever buying any. I am so addicted to sweets that the slightest very tasty thing will really damage my willpower. For 12 weeks now I have stuck with sugarfree jello (and thank goodness it doesn't come in chocolate flavor).

Have you thought of weight lifting 3 X a week to increase your metabolism and firm up as you drop those last few lbs? Even though muscle is heavier than fat, it is amazing how clothing fits better and how your body will burn throughout the day.

How I wish I only had 8 to go. I'd even be happy if I had 58 to go.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:22 AM   #4  
Refreshed

Thanks, Ladies. You are absolutely right. I'm not going to spend another dime on them. They were finished tonight and I am not going to purchase any more.

I will have to check this board more often for motivation and support!! That's always helpful.

April Marie
Closed Thread