Old 02-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #1  

Question Is anyone familiar with/ or following the original points plan?

I am not following the points plus plan, I have everything from the original plan from a friend of mine and I wanted to know if anyone remembers it well enough to give me some pointers.

I calculated that based on my weight 210, that I need around 27 pts a day. When I calculated my BMR it said that it is about 1750. I also found out that 1 pt is roughly 50 calories each so that would put my caloric intake at around 1350, not counting veggies (because they don't count). I am wondering if maybe this is too many pts and that may be why I don't see the scale moving.
Should I drop down to 25 pts a day to equal around 1250 a day or should I just forget calories all together and eat the 27 pts and give things more time to start moving?
I will say this though, things are fitting looser so maybe I should just stay away from the scale a while longer?

Any thoughts, suggestions, tips or tricks?
Thanx so much to anyone who answers!
Selena125t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi Selena,
I have been following the old flex plan (well tech. this is my 5th or 6th time lol) I would say if you are losing 1 to 2lbs a week you are where you need to be.

The best tool is to journal journal journal that way you can see what you did that worked and what didn't. And please remember our bodies are fickle and don't always cooperate with our wishes.

If your clothes are feeling less tight then I would say you are where you need to be.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #3  
go ticker go!

S/C/G: 291/245.4/195

Height: 5'10"

Hi,
I am following the old points. I am allowed 30 points per week. I eat all of them and most of my flex points. I lose about a pound a week. At the beginning I lost more and it has slowed down now but I have lost 35 pounds since October. I could probably lose faster if I didn't eat the flex points but I am trying to make it as realistic for the rest of my life as possible so I am ok with slow and steady. I would stick with the 27 for a few weeks and see what happens. I also wanted to say that with WW, although you can technically eat whatever you want as long as you stay in your points, I find I have better results if I eat tons of veggies. I find the more fiber I get the faster I lose! Hope this helps

Jen
begoodjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

I lost 72 lbs on the old plan! I would stick to your 27 pts a day and just focus on points and not calories. If you feel your clothes feeling looser than I think your on the right track so just keep on trucking and it will pay off in the end
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #5  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

I'm also on the old plan. And I love it. My ww points allowance says one thing and the calories allowed for my weight according to Myfitnesspal.com says another. But I'm not counting calories per se so I don't go by that. I go by ww. But it is interesting to see how my exercise relates to calories burned vs. calories consumed. Yesterday myfitnesspal said I had gone over in fat and calories when in reality I had points to spare in ww terms.

3FC can't be beat when it comes to support but if you need a good tool for tracking your food and exercise try myfitnesspal.com. I love how I type in what I ate and what exercise I did today and it tells me how I'm doing.

Today I worked out really hard! Did 1 hr of water aerobics, 55 munites of Zumba, 35 minutes on the treadmill, and a 30 minute hike. And it told me I burned 1983 calories. It's a neat tool that might help you. But when there is descrepancies I would go with ww
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 313/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I use this to find how many daily points I get, it gives me 31

Below are the general guidelines for the original points allowance based on the variables.

8 points for men
2 points for women

Women who are solely nursing add another 10 pts
Women who are supplementing breastfeeding with some solid foods and/or formula add another 5 pts

4 points for ages 17 - 26 years old
3 points for ages 27 - 37 years old
2 points for ages 38 - 47 years old
1 point for ages 48 - 58 years old
0 points if over 58 years old

Height

0 points if under 5'1"
1 point for 5'1" - 5'10"
2 points if over 5'10"

Activity

0 points if you spend most of the day sitting
2 points if you spend most of the day standing
4 points if you are walking most of the time
6 points if you are doing hard, physical labor

Weight
Add 10% of your weight (in pounds). You can simplify this by just taking the first 2 digits of your weight and add to the points allowance.

Total
Total up all the above items to determine your daily allowance. For example, a 35 year old female, weighing 172 pounds that is 5'4" tall and spends her day sitting at a desk would have the following points allowance;

Gender - 2 pts;
Age - 3 pts;
Height - 1 pt;
Activity - 0 pts;
Weight - 17 pts.

This would give her a total of 23 points for her daily allowance. Keep in mind that there is a minimum of 18 pts and max of 44 points on Weight Watchers original system.

This means a person cannot be below or above the minimum. So if your totals fall outside the range, then set your points allowance the the min or max (whichever applies).

In addition to these daily points, don’t forget to work in your flex points. Each person receives 35 weekly points allowance to use as they need or want.

In order to lose weight with the Weight Watchers points system you need to stay within your allowable points for the day and the week.

I think this is the way to find your daily target. I don't think the FLEXPOINT plan gave a range of points, am I right?
GinnyCarinhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds on pp that I'm going back to turnaround. I'm so glad I didn't toss out the
old plan booklets and sliders. I lost 28 pounds on this plan, I really believe that it works better for me.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188.4/188.4/150

Default Veggies

[QUOTE=begoodjen;4213046]Hi,
I am following the old points. I am allowed 30 points per week. I eat all of them and most of my flex points. I lose about a pound a week. At the beginning I lost more and it has slowed down now but I have lost 35 pounds since October. I could probably lose faster if I didn't eat the flex points but I am trying to make it as realistic for the rest of my life as possible so I am ok with slow and steady. I would stick with the 27 for a few weeks and see what happens. I also wanted to say that with WW, although you can technically eat whatever you want as long as you stay in your points, I find I have better results if I eat tons of veggies. I find the more fiber I get the faster I lose! Hope this helps

Jen[/QUOTE

Hi Jen just a quick question 😊 are veggies ZERO points ? I knoe fruits are not but what about veggies ?
Mayrita87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:57 AM   #9  

Default Dont like the WW new points system!!

Hi.
I don't like the new points system with WW....seems like no one can help me to go back to that system. Please help!!

[QUOTE=Mayrita87;5234004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by begoodjen View Post
Hi,

Jen[/QUOTE

Hi Jen just a quick question 😊 are veggies ZERO points ? I knoe fruits are not but what about veggies ?
LostQueet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Default Points on the plan. Pro points

Having only just joined weight watchers Australia and nz i have no idea on how the old plan works but carrots broccoli beans and peas have 0 point value. Whereas potato and corn have point value as they are starchy.
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karencat View Post
Having only just joined weight watchers Australia and nz i have no idea on how the old plan works but carrots broccoli beans and peas have 0 point value. Whereas potato and corn have point value as they are starchy.
That is on the new plan
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #12  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

I have a lot of the old information. Which plan are you referring to?
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #13  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

I really need flex points info.
Cannot find anywhere online.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

http://onemorepound.com/
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:48 PM   #15  

For the Weight Watchers Australia Flex plan, how many weekly points are allowed? I found a page that calculates daily point allowance, but I am wondering if the Australia plan has 21 weekly points, like the Core Plan Australia, or 35 weekly points, like the US, or no weekly points? Any help much appreciated!
Kelly234 is offline   Reply With Quote