Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/175

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi new here

Hi everyone,I'm Shannon,I'm 34 yrs old and seriously off track weight wise. I have been married almost 12 yrs now and he is great and supportive,but I need other ladies who are not bone thin to help me and keep me motivated! I also have 3 children, 9 soon to be 10,7,and 10 weeks! I'm exclusively breastfeeding,so that hinders the dieting slightly,but I did buy an exercise program for our kinect and plan to start that tomorrow. I'm not expecting anything crazy results wise,but I'd at least like to be able to fit in the size 11 prepregnancy jeans without a muffin top and eventually be in a 6 or 8. Prior to going back to work in 2010, I was a 2, but don't want to go that far again. Sorry I'm rambling,I just don't know where to begin! I look forward to getting to know you all! Shannon
Mom2threeACG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 149/139.5/130

Height: 5'4.75"

Hello and welcome! I am fairly new to 3FC and so far it has been great motivation! It is encouraging to have others on our journey know what we are going through, where we've been and what lies ahead. Congrats on your family and your newest little one!
GraceAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC! It sounds like you have a plan and the motivation to get started on your weight loss journey! Also, don't discount the advice that thin/fit members here have to offer - they've gone through a lot to make that progress and have many good tips for people like us who are just starting out.

This site is so helpful! I'm sure you'll find many good weight loss tips, and the support is endless and invaluable.

Welcome!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Welcome

All the best, this place is great no judgement and great advice and also a great place to vent if have a bad day and celebrate losses etc

best of luck !!
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeshopgirl View Post
Welcome to 3FC! It sounds like you have a plan and the motivation to get started on your weight loss journey! Also, don't discount the advice that thin/fit members here have to offer - they've gone through a lot to make that progress and have many good tips for people like us who are just starting out.

This site is so helpful! I'm sure you'll find many good weight loss tips, and the support is endless and invaluable.

Welcome!
Hey, no I don't discount fit ladies at all,I was talking about two of my very thin size 0 friends who are forever telling me that they are so fat and then I see myself and get all the more frustrated. I tried my new workout game and was disappointed that it didn't come with all the activities other users had raved about and the darn thing kept telling me I wasn't quite getting it.I was like ugh really? lol I so have long ways to go!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #6  
Mo3
Still at it...

S/C/G: 202/166/145/ultimate dream 130

Height: 5'6

Smile Maybe we can do this together

Hi! I'm 35 with 3 kids too.... Just turned 11, 9, and 19 months. My life has been totally crazy lately. I started my weight loss journey last July when we went on vaca to Disney. I figured with all the exercise that week I may as well keep it up and lose all the baby weight. I exclusively breastfeed until the baby was 15months so I had to be careful in the beginning. I started at 202 size tight 14 and today I am 166 comfortable size 10. My goal is size 6-8 145 lbs. but I officially weigh less than I did before getting pregnant with my middle child

My oldest was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetics on November 29. She was very ill and ended up in ICU for 5 days! I have never been so devastated and desperate to help any of my children in all my life. I'm a seriously devoted mom and I can tell you I would have done anything to stop what she went through/is going through. The positive side is that now I know what is wrong I have been full force in research mode and have gotten her BS down from over 500 at diag to a consistent 80-130. The doctors tell me this is remarkable progress!

In addition to my daughters illness I had a very close family member die the day after she was admitted to the ICU. November wasn't such a great Month.

Through all of this my desperate need to lose weight FOR MYSELF seemed to be such a silly thing. But even through all that has happened lately I am kind of proud that I didn't gain a single pound back that I lost I missed my end of year goal for myself of 150 lbs but not by that much. Hopefully you guys can help keep me on track.

Thanks and sorry for the long intro post !
Mo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #7  

Default Wow!

Sounds like you have had a crazy time of it. October was my crazy month. I was in and out of the hospital dealing with all kinds of pregnancy complications and my husband away for training. I had my son 4 weeks earky because he had stopped growing at 33 weeks, which was my scary moment! I have focused on nothing but getting him to a healthy size. He was 4lbs 15 oz at birth and had almost doubled at 2 months! So now that he is healthy, I'm wanting to focus on me getting healthy and not being deemed obese anymore. I found a really cool app on my phone today which helps me with calories, I search the food or drink and it gives me the totals, plus it subtracts them depending on what exercise I've done. I found out that the breakfast I am eating daily was 810 total calories So starting tomorrow a different breakfast and hopefully the rest of my bad habits will fall into place! I also started drinking more water today. I took a half mile walk with the baby instead of my game because it was 65 degrees out today! I'm just hoping I don't burn out too quickly like I usually do!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #8  
Mo3
Still at it...

Default So much in common...

Wow! Mom2threeACG..... It's crazy how similar we are. First...I'm sorry to hear about your pregnancy issues but I totally know how you feel. I pray you and your precious bundle are doing well now .

My oldest 2 were both born at 37 weeks and my little 19mo was barely 36 weeks. I was on bed rest almost my entire pregnancy all 3 times due to dangerous bp levels. I won't tell you all he grief and stress we went through with weekly fetal testings on my lil guy and all the fears that we had based on what the drs told us. He was actually big at birth and one if the issues they told us he would be dealing with was ....ironically diabetics because of his size on ultrasound . He does have some major serious allergies etc and was in NICU for dangerous bilirubin levels but other than that we are sooooo lucky. Happy and healthy. I say ironically because his oldest sister is just diagnoses type 1. Right diagnosis wrong kid !

Good news for us today..... My oldest daughter celebrated her 11th birthday today! We are even extra grateful this year given all she's been through.

Hang in there! Take it slow and steady. A little each day goes a long way !!!!

Last edited by Mo3; 01-10-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/194/140

Height: 5'4

I am new here as well. Like you I have 3 chidren that are 12, 10, and 7. I am 34 years old and I have went back to school full time so I do not have a lot of spare time. I too have the kinect and started that a couple of days ago. Ready for a change. Good luck
mandar0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #10  
Mo3
Still at it...

Default Welcome

It will be great to b with so many ladies so similar in their life status! Good luck everyone!!!! We can do this!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #11  
Mo3
Still at it...

I hope everyone is doing well with their goals his week!!!! Keep it up