Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #1  
Mo3
Still at it...

S/C/G: 202/166/145/ultimate dream 130

Height: 5'6

Default Finally found faith :)

After years of searching in vain for answers and actually trying to find belief in faith it finally happened. How I came to believe is pretty amazing. Well....I think it is but I know it is special for everyone. I find myself now thanking The Lord for everything and praying constantly. I'm learning to accept that things happen for a bigger reason than any of us and sometimes you get good things that come out if really horrible things if you only look for a positive.

I'm hoping to make a few friends to share my almost DAILY at this point realizations about just how awesome GOD is in our lives.

Last edited by Mo3; 01-10-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Mo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and congratulations on making such an important decision. This a great forum of believers who will be glad to share with you. If you need prayer for any reason, just ask there are always prayer warriors ready to pray for any need.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #3  
Mo3
Still at it...

Default Thanks...nice to meet you!

Thank you bargoo! I'm happy to be here. Like I said.... My journey has been amazing. I started to visit with a pastor local to me to share my story and met a few times before the holidays. I really want to meet with again. It felt really good. I've had really bad experiences before when I was "trying" to find my way. But the funny thing is that when I wasn't trying at all is when my life changed.

I have had rapid fire non-stop bad things happen in my life (including death of close family and my oldest child diagnosed type 1 in the hospital in critical condition).!!!!!!

My husband told me that the devil leaves you alone when you are either on his team or not on any team at all. When you join the good guy team the devil starts to pay attention to you and tries to ruin your life and make you give up faith.

That's how he explains his outlook. I kinda like it.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 149/139.5/130

Height: 5'4.75"

Praise the LORD! He is so good!
GraceAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #5  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

God is so good! Luke 15:1 is always my favorite. We are all lost sheep and now the whole Kingdom is celebrating your return to the flock! Hallelujah!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #6  
Mo3
Still at it...

Yes! HE is truly a gift to everyone who will accept him.

I have to share an example of a gift from HIM...

Within days of my daughters type 1 diagnosis...

I felt so lost and desperate. I prayed so hard for her survival first and foremost (she was in ICU for a week very critical- went from fine to critical almost overnight-very scary) but also for the strength she was going to need to live her "new life".

The amazing gift that was sooooooo totally unexpected was that her father (my ex-husband) finally after 7 years has decided to move on to a positive future. He will actually speak to me and my new husband and we have been talking almost daily about her and how to best take care of her. A miserable relation (for me, my kids and my new husband ) has changes into something so amazing for all of us! I have his new wife to thank (and I do at every opportunity! Love her!!!) for starting him on this new path. I believe The Lord was working through her and I am so incredibly grateful that she recognized and acted on his will.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
God is so good! Luke 15:1 is always my favorite. We are all lost sheep and now the whole Kingdom is celebrating your return to the flock! Hallelujah!
Amen.

The absolute most important part of life.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #8  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations!! It is amazing how God works to bring us to Him. I'll keep your daughter and family in my prayers. And, I agree with your husband that Satan will work to cause you trouble and doubt, so keep in God's word and talking with other believers. God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #9  
Mo3
Still at it...

Default Feeling guilty but grateful

Today is my oldest daughters 11th bday !!! Given her current/recent medical challenges I'm extra grateful today that we celebrated another birthday !

I am feeling a little guilty about my diet though. Most days I'm really good and stay on track. But today since it was her birthday and she was back in the hospital all day for a follow up with her endocrinologist I didn't get time to eat myself and then she got to choose dinner. Not the best food choice for me but a treat for her so I gave in and ate what he family was eating.

I hope I don't go up tomorrow. It's always hard when one day of being off track seems to through you off weight loss for a few days.

Last edited by Mo3; 01-10-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Mo3, so good you got to celebrate with your DD. If you keep your off plan eating to just one day it probably will do no harm.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #11  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

I agree with Bargoo-one day off plan usually doesn't amount to much. Sometimes, if eating in a restaurant, I get water-weight gain from the amount of salt they use, but that's usually gone within a couple days.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #12  
Mo3
Still at it...

Went birthday party shopping at the mall with my kids. 11th birthdays are a big deal for a not so little girl anymore. I walked straight past the pizza place and didn't look back. I was headed to see if I could fit into a size smaller jeans while I was there.......I ended up buying them! My new motivation is to comfortable fit in them since they are tight but not really as much as I thought. They buttoned. But barely. I didn't think I could get them past my ankles.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #13  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Welcome, and congrats on your renewed spiritual journey ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #14  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Congratulations!! So happy for you..
Faith is what keeps us moving each day..I always say. Even in my darkest hours.. I know it will be ok.. Because I have Faith!!

Praise God..

I actually should start praying for the ability to lose this weight LOL
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #15  
Mo3
Still at it...

I hope everybody is having a great day! Congrats to us all for staying on our journey... Spiritually and physically