Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday, 1/10/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone! Have a great IP totally 100%OP day!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 149.2/145.2/125. -5 inches

Height: 5' 3"

Smile I'm a newbie

I am new to IP. I LOVE this plan. My husband is doing it with me! Whoo hoo for us! I have about 30 to lose, he has about 50. We started Monday and so far, so good with one bout of fatigue last night on my part and 2 bouts of nausea on his part that we rectified with an additional shake.

Can't wait to weigh in on Monday! This looks like a great place to share and find motivating tips!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!

I'm sitting here annoyed and a little weepy- payed tuition bill for the classes my HS senior is taking online from Syracuse University as he prepares to go off to school this August. I'm not ready for this.

On a diet note- I'm down 3 pounds since last Thursday!! I am 100% OP an ready to get to phase 2 (thinking by the end of February) and start exercising and toning up my arse.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/160/140

Height: 5'3"

I was wondering if anyone has heard of ChocoPerfection bars? Are they allowed on IP?
It is that TOM and I'm craving chocolate!!!! Chocolate shake for breakfast it was!!! Determined to stay IP
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #6  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Star seeker

Goodmorning fellow IPers. Hoping everyone has a great 100% day.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Good morning IP'ers,
Had my WI this morning, down .4. I'll take it, any loss is a good loss, as we always tell each other. My body must be busy re-arranging itself, I feel thinner than that loss would indicate.

Stay OP today! Just remember that every day you stay 100%, that's one less day you have to wait to eat those delicious Phase 3 breakfasts!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning everybody! I weighed in this morning on my home scale as I will no longer be visiting my coach. It looks like I am down 2.2 lbs. I'll take it, even if it is a different scale.

Last night I made beef fajitas...I used Napa cabbage leaves in place of tortillas and it was wonderful!!! I had a beef roast that I marinated in homemade spice marinade and slow cooked in my big cast iron pot. Then I shredded the beef and sauteed some bell peppers, leeks and mushrooms in a skillet. I didn't even miss the tortilla or the cheese! Yummy!

Hope everybody has a great day!! ;P
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Good Morning everyone!

As the Queen of the 1 lb loss lately, I had to share this picture...
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning everybody! I weighed in this morning on my home scale as I will no longer be visiting my coach. It looks like I am down 2.2 lbs. I'll take it, even if it is a different scale.

Last night I made beef fajitas...I used Napa cabbage leaves in place of tortillas and it was wonderful!!! I had a beef roast that I marinated in homemade spice marinade and slow cooked in my big cast iron pot. Then I shredded the beef and sauteed some bell peppers, leeks and mushrooms in a skillet. I didn't even miss the tortilla or the cheese! Yummy!

Hope everybody has a great day!! ;P
We make shredded beef a lot in my house too. As a matter of fact I put a roast in the crockpot this morning so I could have it for dinner. So nice to have a hot meal ready when I get home.

I'll have to get some Napa cabbage to make tacos with now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good Morning everyone!

As the Queen of the 1 lb loss lately, I had to share this picture...
Thats why we never say ONLY 1 lb here.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 01-10-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #11  

STARSEEKER welcome!!!
NOLACHICK I keep that pic on my iphone and look at it every day. I also took the pic of the 5lb of fat. When I get frustrated I just look at those pics and I am so motivated!

Well very rainy icky day in Baton Rouge today....the sky was scary. It went from orange to yellow, then to grey/green then black. I am seeing animals lining up 2 by 2! Praying that our home doesn't flood with the close to 10 inches of rain. NOLA stay safe!

Last edited by maezy1; 01-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Ok so WI last night down 2lbs and 4 in. Not too bad was hoping for more my scale seems more friendly.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #13  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Good (late)morning everyone! I still haven't figured how to reply to more than one person in a post (even though I read the tip), SOOO...

StarSeeker Welcome and good luck! There's no reason not to be successful with all the help and support here.

Ragdoll74 Belated Happy Birthday! You always seem to find the time to reply to posts that don't generally get noticed and you're such a help. I really appreciate your comments.

Nitney72 and Chloe222 Congrats on the losses!

Nolawhodatchick Thanks for putting "one pound" into perspective. The images I used to store in my head were a pound of butter, or 5 pounds of sugar, and those were encouraging too.

I think it was on this thread yesterday (but it's getting hard to keep track of what I read where), that someone said rutabagas were on the restricted vegetables list (so twice a week), but the handout I have says they are select and so are allowed each day. Does anyone know which is correct?

Also, I know people juggle allowed items in a day (like some animal protein at lunch instead of all at night). What about juggling items within the week? What I mean is, does it matter if I have an allowed portion of tomatoes twice a week, or if I have 3 or 4 grape tomatoes daily in a salad? Does that work, or if eaten daily do they affect glycemic load?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

I am on day 3 and its been rough with the 'blah' feeling..I told myself I would not step on the scale until my WI next Tuesday. Well, I gave in this morning and am down 6lbs! I will go by the clinic's scale, but this was just the little motivational push I needed...AND...I used a ketone strip this morning and appear to be in the swing of ketosis!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

I am hoping that posting here this morning will get my brain going. I went to bed at 9 PM last night because I was super tired. Then I slept terribly and woke up with another headache. Uck! I keep fidgeting, switching tasks, being impatient with thinking computers, readjusting my chair, etc. Apparently I am really anxious...

I had an extra restricted snack again yesterday. For some reason I keep telling myself, it's OK to have it if I am hungry late. Not today!!! I've also got a deep-chested cough that started when I got to my office. Uh oh! I'm not getting sick again!!!

Breezy414, congratulations on the loss! Hang in there during that ucky first week!

Great job, Everyone on the losses!
Closed Thread