South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday SBD Daily Beach Chat for 1/10

Good morning. I'm not feeling too chatty after a completely sleepless night and am hoping lots of caffeine will give me the jumpstart I need to get through the day.

Have a good one!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, no Cottage! I hope nothing bad kept you awake and that everything is okay. Hopefully Paul is visiting you again .

Indigal - WOOT WOOT!!! Good job!!

Jekel - thanks for the cool update last night! I teared up even thinking of you going thru something like that for real.

Well, I wasn't a very good girl yesterday....too emotional. Funny, food didn't make it better. When will I ever learn? I guess I have to be grateful I'm not a true binger, but I do graze on stuff I shouldn't. I am proud though that I tried the treadmill again, and it went pretty well. I have a old hamstring injury that I'm very sore with after the TM, but a running buddy mentioned to slightly increase the plane, and it worked!! Now I have something else to do when it's yucky outside.

Otherwise, just figuring out how to perfect the My KCup for a decent cup of coffee and then a long day of work. My boss should be grateful we're not having a slow season as normal.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Linda, sorry about the white night. Any chance of a wee nap today? Tammy, I didn't know that about the treadmill. Hamstrings hurt! I read Jekel's post from last night - frightening. I didn't realize how tough her training is.

Natalie and I got a lot done in three hours yesterday and that's about all I accomplished besides a bit of ice chipping. The Christmas stuff is all down and I really wanted to vacuum but my dear Dyson decided to go on strike. I read the manual and did all the good things to solve the problem but will have to call the help line today.

Off to the dentist this morning. I will phone them first because I did not get the usual reminder call. Strange because they are usually overly zealous about that. When I am in the city, I'll check in with Chapters to see if I can get somewhere on setting up my e-reader. It seems to want to connect to wireless and I don't have WiFi. I want to load the thing with Hemingway for my week in Cuba.

First, some breakfast and then I need to do three months worth of flossing!

Happy Thursday!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am a tiny bit behind this morning but after an 11 hour day I don't feel guilty at all. Just two nice normal visiting days then the weekend. I might even take a little time for desk work tomorrow afternoon, just because I'm tired already

Jennifer - If you like Italian anything and don't get it in Utica it's just wrong My Dad loves to go the cafes and buy boxes of pastries when I visit. I haven't let him do that in years but maybe next time I love stopping in and grabbing an espresso and half of something (share it with my Mom).

Twynn - I wonder if that TM tip would make my hip happier? Might have to try that. I'm more inclined to ride the bike these days, planning for summer

Cottage - hope the day allows some time to relax.

Ruth - Hope you can get your e-reader set-up. I do love my wifi, less wires and it reaches the porch in summer (probably in winter too but I'm not tempted to check!)

I suppose I should try to start thinking about work. Or maybe the squirrel on top of the baffle - how the heck did it get there?!

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-10-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage sorry to hear about last night hopefully you can get a nap in today

Twynn glad you found a tip that will help you out

Ruth dare I say have fun at the dentist lol

Cyndi hope you have a good day today

Last night actually got on the computer so I could pay for DS college for the spring semester and then ordered all of his books off 3 different sites and cashed in his giftrust since he turned 21 so he can buy a better vehicle for himself.

Today finishing up 2012 paperwork and tonight nothing on the agenda other than starting to complete 2013 FASA and other online grants and loans for the DS and DD1 for college...ugh January!!!

Tomorrow is weigh in day, I am hopefully for the scale to move back down.

Have a great day.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Popping in on break. Still OP. hope everyone's having a great day!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Linda, I hope you are home soon and have an opportunity to rejuvenate!

I've been to the airport already(2-1/2 hr RT) and have to start cracking on my list. Too many things and too little time....will find a moment for me.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon!

Late start for me as time escaped me as I was looking for jobs all morning (and am still applying)!

Running around again today - lightbulbs need to be purchased and we were woken up at 1a by a dying battery in the smoke detector so I need to get more 9v batteries.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by jenne1017; 01-10-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Great day all - been back on phase 1 for 4 days now, and already feel better.

Today I had a carpet cleaner in to deal with the disaster that is/was my den. Might have been better if they DIDN'T show me all the dirty water they got out of it . . .

This afternoon involves clearing out all the stuff I moved to make the den carpet accessible, including couches, end tables, and years of accumulated kids' projects and papers from under and neighing the many bookshelves. I found things that I swear are from 10 years ago. Ooops. After that there are orthodontist appts, then more cleaning. Tomorrow a hole is being cut in the kitchen ceiling to try to fix the bathroom tub, which emptied its entire contents INTO said ceiling the other week. He he. Well, I always wanted a different color in the kitchen anyway.

Here's hoping that I get this regain back under control. It has been rather depressing.

Be well!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hey chicks, just popping in while waiting for a telecon to start. Greetings to all. Yesterday was an in-person meetings day, and I caught a ride with a co-worker. After I got in his car he mentioned, "yeah, I'm still getting over this flu everyone in the office has had." Wish I'd known in time to take my own car! Got home last night and the kids were complaining about not feeling well, this morning DD had a slight fever and DS has, ahem, other issues. I am achey all over, but can't decide if we're really coming down with something or it's just in my head (at least for me). We were all in bed early last night, and stayed home today. Hoping for the best. I'll make a big pot of soup for dinner just in case.
Rikki posted a really really disturbing body scan of a 250 lb woman on her fb - did anyone see it? I think I need to print it out and carry it around with me.
OK, I put a fitbit on my amazon wish list.
I need to go read Indigal's post, no idea what's going on.
Cyndi, - squirrel!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Diane - that is so me. My desk faces out the window toward the bird feeders. that's not too distracting
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Cyndi, I can't talk. This morning I looked up a hot & sour soup recipe, then went to Amazon to add some tom yum paste to my cart, read some reviews, next thing I knew I was looking into ordering a live kafir lime tree on another web site, 10 minutes, gone, never did think to save the recipe, will have to go back to find it later. At least you were looking at nature.
These people gave out the wrong number for the telecon, now we are all sitting at our desks waiting for them to send another one. guess I'll just hang out here!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-10-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Home sweet home. Today's training was even better than yesterday's, but I am shot (no pun intended) Seems like everyone is having a good day. Linda I hope you sleep well tonight. I think I am turning in by 9 tonight. My eating was not even close to OP. Tomorrow I'll be back in control which I am really looking forward too. Time to spoke the pups
Closed Thread