S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Daily Thread (Simply Filling/Core) January 1-15

New pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #2  

New pages, a little late, but here they are...

Vickie, we did not take the kids...they all stayed home.

We had our black-eyed peas and cornbread with friends, and niece and her husband came over tonight for dinner.

I didn't sleep well since someone called us at 3AM today ---wrong number---and I couldn't get back to sleep until 7AM.

resolutions?? just to do better...
Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Doing better is good. I should try that.

I'm going back on CORE tomorrow. Did I just say that a couple weeks ago?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #4  

I am still at my friends..Wonderful time, enjoying the baby and learning lots of
new recipes. Today I ate collards, black eyed peas, cornbread, pork roast,green beans, creamed potatoes, and peach cobbler..Last night we did a big seafood boil that was amazing. Driving home early in the morning to keep my grandson
for the day. My boys are flying back from Africa tonight and will be home
by about 10 am
Still don't know how I plan to get pounds off this year..I love good food too much..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #5  
beachbum

MOVED YESTERDAYS POST FROM 2012 TO 2013

Good Morning and Happy & Healthy New Year.. I didn't celebrate I was in bed at 11 PM. First we lost Guy Lombardi and now Dick Clark,New Years doesn't mean that much to me anymore.

I got up this morning and couldn't go to Mass. I was very disappointed but my cold is getting worse and the outdoor walking path is icy as I could go out to buy some rock salt. I ran out of meds also, In fact my refrig is emptying out,I guess if I can't get out tomorrow I will have to use the Pea Pod that Stop & Shop offers.

NANCY=Thanks on all counts, Being sick and not being able to outside is hard to deal with,as I'm never home.

SANDRA=Glad that your feeling better,if my symptoms don't get better I have to see my doctor,and hes going to tell me I told you so, after refusing the flu and the pneumonia shot.

SLOAN=Thanks I was lucky I got home in time before the snow started. After I got off the thread I will call my DD and see how my DGD is doing.

RHONDA=Thanks, I know the news about Hillary was shocking to hear. Hope she get better.

PAM=Thanks,for you kind words hope to be soon as I don't like be confined to the house,as I'm always on the go.

Have a great day,
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #6  

morning chicks.

I got on the scale this morning and lets just say I'm not happy. We are eating out too much with bad choices, eating too much salt, not enough veggies. Today starts a new day with a better outlook. I have a few projects, which will keep me busy so I won't be sitting and eating.

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages. I guess the black eyed peas isn't completely southern. My dh is from KY and they don't follow that tradition.

Sandra, good luck sticking with Core.

Nancy, glad ou enjoyed your visit. Have fun with grandkids.

My sis sent me a recipe for steel cut oats. I will let you know if they are as good as my regular recipe.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Pam, thank you for the 's. I need them. Good luck to you, too.

Nancy, good luck to you, too. I love good food, too. It's a shame we still have to eat and can't just abstain.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #8  

I'm enjoying some good food--Bluebell ice cream But, just a small 1/2 cup container.

Maryann--I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly and are confined. I hate it too, but sometimes can just relax into it. you know the old saying about take meds and be well in 5 days or don't take meds and be well in five days. I do hope you get some food in though.

Nancy, it's good to hear that you're having fun. You're not alone in that loving good food!

Pam, I won't even get on the scales yet. I'm headed back to the gym to see if my foot will take the elliptical.

I learned that some southerners eat cabbage on New Year's Day but we never did. It's for good luck. We do normally eat collards since they are green and tht symbolizes money. But, cabbage was new to me.

I'm getting my mind around trying to aim toward losing a pound a week. I've got to get it off because I really do NOT like the way I look in my tap costume. It's cute, but I'm not
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I thought I had posted to you earlier. I hope you get better soon.

Rhonda, I think you're cute but lose the weight if you want. (Guess you don't really need my permission, though.) We had some Blue Bell last year. (Monday)

I made some good choices today, but I did not exercise.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #10  

I'm not a big ice cream eater, which is good for me, I guess. I have made good choices today. My downfall was some cashews. I made mexican stuffed chicken for dinner, along with quinoa and some fresh grilled veggies. Tomorrow I need to drink water. We did take a long walk today.

Rhonda, I am hoping to lose a pound a week too. We can do this.

Sandra, lol @ having ice cream last year. You are so funny.

Maryann, hope you start feeling better soon. Did you get snow?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Officially going to start WW meetings this Saturday. Since my schedule has changed due to starting my college program, I will be free on Saturday mornings, so that is my plan. Not sure if I will count points or eat core foods, but I had the same thought about losing a pound per week. Just think, if we all do that, we will have each lost 20 pounds by the end of May. Just in time for bikini season

Maryann, feel better!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

Last edited by sloanie; 01-02-2013 at 10:19 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

Wow! We can be ready for bikini season!!!!

Sloan, you're a hoot! No wonder I like you. Good success with WW. I'm doing CORE without meetings for now. But ya'll know me. I may be back into meetings before long.

Pam, yesterday I made what tasted to me like pineapple sherbert yesterday. I made it using 1 cup ff plain Greek yogurt, 1 can crushed pineapple (drained) and a little Splenda. I froze it in my new ice cream maker (doesn't use salt/ice). I liked it all right. Curtis tried 2 bites and said he might eat more next time. Today I'm going to freeze a smoothie.

Got to go. I need to cook lunch.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #13  

Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #14  

I get the prize, although the last post wasn't much.

Ok, today's the day. Out with the sugar, low carb and low fat coming up.

We can do it.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #15  

morning.

Sandra, your sherbert sounds good. I love pineapple.

Rhonda, yes, we can do this. I have cut out senseless snacking. I'm down a pound this morning.