Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 11:57 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Wink 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#417

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Sunday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 09-25-2003, 12:22 PM   #2  

Okay there QueenB

I came on over to this thread......now?????

WHERE IS YOUR POST?

Just kidding, I'm sure your working on a nice LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGG post for me to read, while I'm taking a break from this tax stuff.....

Last edited by peekabooangel; 09-25-2003 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:24 PM   #3  

Default THANKFUL THURSDAY!!!

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE COMPUTER/INTERNET AT WORK FOR THOSE TIMES I JUST NEED TO PUT STUFF AWAY/GIVE MY BRAIN A BREAK AND COME TO VISIT MY FRIENDS!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:40 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Good morning guys......

Well, I told you I'd be here this morning with a long post, and I'm going to do my best. I haven't been on the board alot lately... but it doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you guys and loving you. I always do that. I've just been busy, that's all.

I'm still OP..... still eating right and still exercising. I just haven't been sitting on the internet too much....not at home or work. No, not even my Tony website. Don't get me wrong. I still love and support Tony.....but sometimes you just have a tendency to get too wrapped up in the things that are going on and around the board (where I'm an admin) and before you know it, you've lost a sense of why you're really there. Kinda like here sometimes..... DO NOT get that statement wrong. Personally, I LOVE that we talk about all types of thing in addition to offering support and weight loss ideas. Fortunately HERE, we do not have alot of drama...... although we have had to seem to have our share of it lately. Anyways..... long story short, we have had a lot of drama on the Tony Stewart board lately (not to mention my eyes were opened concerning certain people) when I took my trip to CT, so I think it's best that I take a step back from that board for awhile and they are aware of it...... I haven't left there completely.....don't get me wrong. I'm just taking a step back to access things, that's all.

Geez..... wasn't quite ready for that, was you?

I was a bit disappointed about my 1 lb. loss last week, even though I know I was being a big baby about it. It hasn't got me down though..... I'm still eating my points. I have actually made myself eat a little more this week, since it is possible that I didn't get in enough last week and my body was hanging on to whatever it could.....apparently.

I probably won't be back later tonight because Trey has a football game and it's in the next city, so I'm not sure what time I will get back. In the meantime, let's get onto some replies ladies!

PAM: Good luck on your job interview this morning. Aren't "normal" hours nice?

MARY: Your job sounds SO interesting at times. I think I would to work in a library!

SANDY: I'm in the process of the "LONG" post. Hun, I have to say I am SO proud of you. I gave into a piece of buttered (lite) cornbread last night....(within my points) so I KNOW how hard it must have been for you..... especially eating out. Good for you!

ANDRIA: I'm sorry that you've been tired and feeling under the weather. Take care sweetie.

TERRI: Glad you're back from your trip and had a good time. Sounds like you and your friend had a nice time.

NATALIE: Sheesh.... can I relate getting stuck talking on the phone. Try having being chained to a headset for 8 hours a day! I still can't figure out why people do not understand why I don't want to talk on the phone when I get home.

J-ANN:
Quote:
As far as slipping of the wagon .... Honey, there's a dent in the dirt where I land.
You crack me up!

KAT: Thanks for the website info.... it was truly inspiring. Speaking of inspiring....... INSPIRATION, thy name is KAT! Good job on your loss and your frame of thinking these days! I love that we got back on track together!

SYN: First off, let's change our thinking. We are not "BAD" when we overeat.... we are normal. It happens. You can't punish yourself for things like that. (Trust me, I know) "Punishing" never works....because then you feel deprived, which is a horrible feeling and that just leads to overeating again.... horrible cycle. Just tell yourself, so what? Get back on track not the next day.....but the next SECOND. You can to this..... WE can help.

BARB: Thank you so much for saving us from falling off the page. I hate it when that happens. I'm glad you took my tip about the lite cream cheese and melba toast. (yeah, I know what you got was slightly different, but still) I get 5 pieces of melba toast and 3 tbsp. of lite onion & chive cream cheese for only 3 points. YUM!

DUCKIE: Thank you so much for your last post. Sometimes we do just have to "let boys be boys", and I loved the excerpt from Erma Bombeck. I have read that before, and I never get tired of reading it again. It reminds us of what is important in life. {{{hugs}}}

Ok..... I responded to everyone that posted on the last thread, so if I didn't include you, it means you didn't post! So All kidding aside, I'm sure THIN is out being a "showgirl" or doing something else equally exciting, but I do have to say.....

WHERE THE HECK IS 2CUTE?

Have we been desserted?

Ok.....having made that pitiful plea, I will bid you guys farewell. I hope you all have a super terrific on program day and it is filled with happiness.

Last edited by QueenB; 09-25-2003 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:46 PM   #5  

Talking It's almost Friday!

OK, my mood is definitely up. The scale was down this morning and I am actually looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. I know, I am totally obsessed with the scale. I have been weighing myself for the past 13 weeks twice a day. That's really absurd isn't it. I just can't help myself.
So it is my turn this month to celebrate Tom and my first of the month ritual. Anyone have any ideas? I thought about taking him on a fall picnic after work. But he already used the picnic idea. I was thinking that I would pack up some blankets and goodies and we could find a quiet spot to have dinner. Since it's on a Wednesday there's really not too much I can do because we've got to work all day and then the next day. I kind of want to do something especially romantic this month because we've kind of gotten away from each other lately. I am also short on funding so it's got to be cheap.

So girls, it's time for me to get back to work. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just so tired this week. I think my drinking on Saturday really had a bad effect on me. That's the last time I drink so many Long Island Iced Teas.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:58 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Can I tell you what I just did? Can I? Can I? Huh??? Huh???

I was sitting here at work and needed to go to the copy machine, which just happens to be in the kitchen area. So, I decided that I NEEDED a snack from the vending machine. I put my change in my pocket and off I went. On the way I stopped to talk to someone and by the time I got to the kitchen my little voice said, "what are you thinking? You don't need any food! So, I made myself a cup of hot tea with equal and went back to my desk! And, you know what? I really didn't need the food. The tea is giving me a little comfort and I'll drink my water on the way home and have a healthy dinner.

I also proceeded to empty all the loose change out of my desk and I'm taking it home to add to the jar of coins that I am going to take to the bank this weekend. I always cash all our coins in before vacation to use as tip money or whatever.

Alrighty
Survivor Fans --- What going to happen tonight??? Will "Blackbeard" still be sporting a flowered skirt? Will the "dumbos" remember that they have a water well? According to the website someone will be able to pillage and loot - in the true pirate spirt! I can't wait to see!
........The Tribe Has Spoken!

We are also looking forward to the premier of CSI! Another favorite in my house. I also love the Thursday NBC shows so I have to tape them and watch over the weekend. Can you tell we like TV in my house. Geez, no wonder we both got so out of shape!

What about Big Brother last night??? Could it have been more of an lack luster ending. Jun wins half a million bucks and everyone just sits and stares into space! I have to say, I'm glad that one is over for the year. This wasn't a very exciting cast!

Okey dokey -- time to get on home! Catch ya later!
Luv Ya!
Barb
Old 09-25-2003, 10:03 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hello!?!?!?!? Anyone out there?????

Where are all my buddies today?? I miss hearing from you!
Sweet Dreams to you all - I hope to see you tomorrow!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:29 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I just wanted to stop and check in real quick because I haven't been here much lately.

Finished up my Revlon reset this week and got called to 'fix' a problem with another one next week. Just when I thought I was done with them! My work partner and I have really gotten it all down to a science though and it's really not so bad. (sure, just when we're finishing up 9 stores. 'Bout time we got it down pat!)

I had lunch with some old friends today. That was fun. I behaved and ordered this great salad that they offer at TGIFriday's. I love their one chicken salad, but of course, I swap out the fried chicken for grilled and use the low fat peppercorn ranch (on the side) instead of the mustard/bacon stuff that comes with it.

I've really got no time to catch up with everyone. You'll have to forgive me once again.

On the subject of 2cute: I believe she's still on vacation until the end of the week. I know, Tina, I'm going through withdrawals too!

On the subject of Survivor: I loved the part where Sandra got to go 'steal' something from the other tribe. Her comment that 'geez, they don't have anything' was pretty darn accurate. Remember, that's the team that doesn't even have a water jug! And Osman (or however you spell his name) what's with him. Did he think when he applied to be on Survivor that he was going to be staying at the Ritz??? Geez! What a cry baby for a big muscular guy!!!

On the subject of CSI: I like the Las Vegas version, but am not too crazy about the Miami one, except for the coroner that talks to the bodies. She's pretty cool!

On the subject of weightloss: (Yes, I guess I should say something about that since that's what this site is for ) I'm hoping that 'winging it' serves me well this week too as I've not been journalling/tracking again this week. I am trying to make the right choices more often though.

No Curves lately. Just too tied up working. I know, bad excuse. I'm actually looking forward to being done with the Revlon projects so I'm not so exhausted when I get home in the afternoon and can actually bring myself to go back out and do the circuit.

I had forgotten all about Banquet fat free chicken patties. I bought a box tonight and made those in the microwave. Then I put a slice of Kraft 2% cheese on the hot patty so it would melt and put it on a 1 point bun. Delicious. I also made OreIda Steak Fries in the oven. If you spray the pan with Pam, place the fries in a single layer on the pan and then spray the fries again, they turn out really great, a little crispy on the outside and soft potato in the inside. Good, quick dinner.

Ok, girls, I'm headed to bed. I'm taking #1 son with me tomorrow to Canada. They sell Ibuprofin in 400 MG tablets over the counter there. We had gotten some when we went to Niagara Falls the last time and we're almost out. I know, I can get Ibuprofin in 200 MG tablets here, but then you have to take twice as many. This is alot cheaper!

You guys have a good one. Love to all!

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-25-2003 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 AM   #9  

Hey gals!!

I seem to be so busy lately. Between work and the kids and hubby's softball I feel like I never have a dull moment. I had thought about going to the beach or mountains for the weekend but the weather report says that it may rain. Also, I want to go to the annual Harvest Festival that is thrown in the town that I work.

Things have been frustrating lately. My oldest son is having a really hard time with school. He is already failing. His teacher says that he tries really hard and is well behaved but he cannot focus or keep up. I have a conference with her on Monday to talk about what steps we are gonna have to take to help him. I feel so bad because I get upset with him and hurt his feelings. He is so proud when he thinks that he has done well on his work and then I fuss when he has not. Bless his bones!! He tries. No more fussing from me as long as I know he is trying

Duckie- My grandma is a newfie!!! She was born in Cornerbrook and now lives here in South Carolina and has for 40 years. I have soooooo many aunts, uncles and cousins in Newfoundland and I have been there a few times myself. It is absolutely beautiful there!! I hope to go back one day. My wish is to win the lottery and move there, no kidding. I also have alot of family in Toronto. My cousin played on a Canadian cop show that I cant seem to remember the name of right now. His name is Craig March. Ever heard of him? He also had roles in 3000 Miles To Graceland, Along Came a Spider, and quite a few more that I cant remember right now. Anyway, I know you are looking forward to your trip.

To everyone else I love ya and I am sending you successful vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hugs,
Tracy
Old 09-26-2003, 02:56 AM   #10  

Hello chickies!!

Tina: I'm sure we all understand. Sometimes you really do have to just step back from something to get a grip.

Justme: I am a terrible scale addict too. Once in the morning, once at night, and sometimes in between too. Aren't we terrible??

Barb: Keep me updated on survivor will ya?? It's so hard to watch it around here on Friday because my kids want to watch movies and we only have one TV that will pick up the AFN channels here. I'm going to try to talk them in to something else to do so that I can watch. When is the premiere of CSI? I was CRUSHED when I couldn't find it last night.

Thin: I'm with you. I don't like the Miami one as much. The characters just don't have the personality that the Vegas ones do. Have a good trip to Canada!

Tracy and Sandy: A big 'ol HELLO to you guys and anyone else I missed.

Good news!! My car runs beautifully!! Starts on the first try, doesn't overheat, has an oil change AND windshield wipers. WOOHOO!!!

And......(drumroll please)...... Call me Alice, cuz I'm in ONEderland!!! I got on the scale this morning and FINALLY it said 199!! It even flickered 198 a couple of times!! Unreal. Because I am scale obsessed, it seems like the weight has been coming off so slow, but I've been documenting my loss on Fitday and when I go back and look over the past two months, it is coming off pretty steady at 2 to 3 pounds a week. I have to look at it every so often just to convince myself that it's really happening. My next great mission is to see something in the 170's. I haven't been there since Jr. High I think. All the long timers on this thread probably remember that a couple of years ago I managed to get down to 185, and that was pretty cool, but I want to go all the way to 150 this time and keep it there.

Well chickadees, I think that's about it for this morning. Got to get off my butt and get going. Stuff to do dontchaknow.

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 09-26-2003, 08:01 AM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Jen congrats on reaching onederland.
CSI season premer was on last night but is is to be continued
Old 09-26-2003, 10:07 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, girls! Time to go wake up the #1 son and get his bones rolling. He's supposed to come with me to Canada. Don't know why. I suppose I'm a big girl and could go by myself. Just figured it would be nice to have him around.

Tracy: Sorry to hear about your son. How old is he? I'm sure you said before, but I don't remember. It's hard being a kid. Too many pressures today that WE didn't have as kids. Hope the conference with his teacher goes well. I applaud you for being interested in helping him. So many parents today are working and more career oriented than kid oriented. [[[hugs]]]

Mary: Are you off or working today? Sorry I missed chat Wednesday, but I just don't see getting there when West Wing, one of my favorites, started at 9:00.

Jen: Onederland! OMG, how ONEDERFUL!!!! I'm soooo happy for you. I haven't see 199 since before I was married, and that was 27 years ago!!! Keep up the good work. You're doing GREAT!

Well, girls, I'm off to wake up the kid. I'll see you all later.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:28 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

I am enjoying a yummy breakfast as I read all the good stuff here...
1 egg............................2 points
1 lite Eng muffin..............1 pt
2 T shredded cheddar.......1.5 pts
1/2 cup grapes................0.5 pts
1 cup 1% milk..................2 points
total-------------------->7 points!

I need volume!

As soon as I'm done here, I'm getting my butt on my bike and going for my ride before the rain comes. I might have to pass on sleep this AM...so much to do around this house! AND I have an appointment to get my hair cut and colored tonight. I am in DIRE need of these services! I don't usually have roots...but the summer sun has bleached me out a bit...so I have about an inch of my real color...yeah, pretty. And since it's longer than usual, the part just flops to reveal the lovely roots. I'm hot.

Quick replies....

JEN...oh girl, I LIVE for ONE-derland!! Congratulations!
Tracy...Hi! Give that son a big hug and tell him how proud you are of his efforts! Heap the praise on when he does well. ...Is he ADD? I hope you and the teacher find the solutions to his problems. {{hug}}
Thin and Barb...Survivor: Love it! I'm glad they didn't vote Osten out, just because he wanted to be! WHAT A WUSS!!!! And if that was Skinny Ryan's best effort...sheesh! Whats up with that? I LOVE Sandra! She's as spunky as ****! I really don't like Tijuana...she's a fresh mouthed chippy! Hagrid (i forget his name!) is still sporting his skirt! Didn't you just KNOW what's his name would lose the spearhead?? Oh I could go on...but I won't...this was going to be a quick post!
MARY...I saw CSI too...LOVED IT! Never saw the Miami one...don't really want to. I watch very little TV usually, except during Survivor season!
NATALIE...hmmm...picnic idea sounds nice...that's about all you can do mid week and cheap. Is there a nice park nearby where you can walk for a bit together, holding hands, looking at the changing leaves?
TINA BINA...No need to apologize...I know I spend WAY too much time on-line and need to step back sometimes. Way to go, staying OP...we are doing it!!
SANDY...great job on surviving the food fest! You made great choices and showed remarkable will power!
PAM...What a remarkable change we witnessed in your attitude...all in the space of a few days!!! Good for you, keep it going!!

Hi to everyone else...I have to get moving here. My son just came in and said, "you're back already?" Uh...I haven't left yet! He's home today because school's are closed for a Jewish holiday. ...Rosh Hashannah? (sp?) He doesn't care, just as long as it's closed!

but I digress...

Have a great day all...see youse guys (Jersey talk) later!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-26-2003 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:35 AM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Angry

Hi Girls! Happy Friday to all!!

Well, I'll start out with my bummer news of the day....I had to adjust my signature....to add 3.4 pounds back to my weight! That changes my total to 45! I am still happy with my loss, just disappointed that I gained back over vacation. I still find it hard to believe that I gained that much back with as active as I was. However, on the positive side, you may remember that when I came home last Sunday the scale "claimed" that I had gaind 6+ pounds, so I guess it could have been worse!!! I'm going to work my butt off (literally) for the next 2 weeks to get it off before I go on vacation and gain it back. I am not going to give myself free reign to do whatever on the cruise, I plan on working out and I know I'll be very active, but I also know that cruises are about food, drink, food, drink, more food and more drink!!!!
No problem my friends, I am going to have fun, work hard and take care of this body!!! What about you all???

Ok, enough of that!

Oh, wait, one more thing. I found this great link over on another thread and wanted to share....it's about scales and water intake....I really enjoyed reading it...

Why the scale lies!

Moving on....

Congratulations Jen!!! Onderland!!! WooHoo!!!!
Are you going to reward yourself in some way? Maybe some extra pampering or a massage?

Tina - Nothing wrong with stepping back and taking a break from things once and a while. You need to do whatever keeps you sane and on track and most of all ---- HAPPY!!!!!

Natalie -- So happy to hear that your mood is back up! I am a scale addict just like you. I usually get on it 1-2 times a day, but I only log my weight once a week. I like to see how different foods, activities, whatnot affect my weight from day to day. But I really focus on how I feel and how my clothes feel.

Thin - I was wondering where you had been off to. I should have know you were up to your ears in makeup. I'm with you on CSI - I only watch the original version. We love it. Last night was good - I am convinced that the valet guy (old buddy of Nick's) will come back into the picture next week. What about the Family?? Is that over yet? Who won???

Tracy - Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with you son right now. I don't have children so I can't give much advice, but I use to be a teacher. Have you had him evaluted by a doc for any potential medical problems that could be affecting his concentration? Just a thought. Good Luck with it all.

Mary - Are you a CSI watcher?

Jen (again) --- Survivor comes on Friday there? I don't know what the time difference is. CSI was on last night here at 9:00 PM - CBS. Like Mary said, it was a 2 part show - to be continued next week. Survivor was great, in my opinion. I love that they are adding some new little twists this year... Thin touched on is a little bit...during the reward challenge they were each given a shovel and were competing for the first of 3 clues - to some pirate booty! Basically a scavenger hunt to supplies. This year the winning team will also be able to sent one member to the other camp to take one item of their desire. Last night was funny when Sandra went over because she realized that the other team had NOTHING! They were hoping for a water jug, but she ended up taking the tarp they had on their shelter. They just sat around and she took their shelter down. It was pretty funny. Osten - on the Morgan team (the one with nothing) was a total baby! He is the most muscular man out there and was whining about his body shutting down. Then they showed clips of him running around and playing football (with coconuts) The Morgan team ended up losing immunity again and they voted out "skinny" Ryan. Osten asked people to vote him out, but they didn't.
I'm sure I missed many highlights, but that's a little bit of the show.

Well chicks - if you are still reading this and not asleep, drooling on your keyboard, I am sorry to have babbled on for so long!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm working at home today so I'll be able to pop in often and hope to see some of you checking in!

Later Gals!
Barb
Old 09-26-2003, 10:42 AM   #15  

Break time yet again... .

Thin: Is it a long drive to go to Canada for you? For me it is about an 8 hour drive, and that puts me in Canada over here on the East Coast. Drive safely.

Jen: Onederland..... YOU GO GIRL!!!! That is so wonderful. I am so happy for you, I bet you were jumping up and down and up and down. I would have been. I'm sorry, I can't remember your starting weight or your highest? Have you lost lots? I know you have.

Tracy: Gosh how I can relate to the son and school issues. My 11 year old absolutely hates school. It is so hard when they hate it. It is even harder when like mine, he has to go to Title ONE (special Ed) for Reading and Language Arts. I have been to so many meetings for my 11 year old, and still I am in contact with his teachers weekly to talk about how he is doing. I sometimes get on his butt too about his work, because sometimes I know he is just making excuses and we have had the tear thing here too. It sure is hard and then I break down and feel like a bad mom for making my kid cry about school work. Then the school tells you that they should not spend more than 30 minutes on homework, well it takes me 30 minutes to get him started. {{{Hugs from one parent to the other for you}}}}}

Mary: I have watch CSI on occasion, but I am not a big TV person. I do however like "ER" and that was on last night too and pretty good.

Barb: What a good thing you did for you by skipping the vending machine!!! And taking the loose change home was excellent too, so you are not tempted. Way to go.

Tina: It's okay to step back and take a break when needed. We all need a break once in a while, and sometimes we just don't have anything to say. So with that said, cause you know, I just love to talk okay type.....DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TOO OFTEN!!!! Just kidding. Glad you are OP and taking the time to find a meeting and leader that are just right for you. I think that will be half the battle to find one that is just right for you.

Okay gotta run chick peas. Be back later to read...please oh please have stuff for me to read.

Hugs,
Sandy
Closed Thread