Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #1  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Default Muslim sisters. Help with Halal snacks (All Faiths are welcome)

Salam Alaikum wa rahmatoullah wa barikathou. (Peace be upon you and may the peace blessings and mercy of God be upon you. )

Hi I am Jessica and I have recently converted to Islam. I have also decided to get back on the wagon of being healthy. Every religion I know about states in some way that overeating is bad. They also state that a person should take care of there health.

So here I am trying to get back on the health wagon. Although I am finding some things difficult. Suchas certain staple foods i like while dieting that I am finding out have alchol or pork in them. Such as Jello. Can someone help me out with some subsitute snack Ideas that are halal.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Jezakallah Kheir (May God reward you with goodness)
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Hi Jessica, Walaikum a salam,

First Id like to say, Im Muslim as well and glad to see that youve chosen this path. May Allah swt bless you with prosperity and shower his mercy upon you inshAllah.

In regards to the post, do you have any Indian/Pakistani grocery stores near you? They carry everything halal, from jello to turkey bacon, all kinds of cold cuts, marshmallows.. whatever you need. There is a halal substitute for almost any snack you're looking for at those stores.. and I believe you can order the halal jello online as well, along with other snacks if you dont have an Indo-Pak store near you.

Besides that, good luck with your weight loss journey.

Assalamalaikum.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #3  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemo View Post
Hi Jessica, Walaikum a salam,

First Id like to say, Im Muslim as well and glad to see that youve chosen this path. May Allah swt bless you with prosperity and shower his mercy upon you inshAllah.

In regards to the post, do you have any Indian/Pakistani grocery stores near you? They carry everything halal, from jello to turkey bacon, all kinds of cold cuts, marshmallows.. whatever you need. There is a halal substitute for almost any snack you're looking for at those stores.. and I believe you can order the halal jello online as well, along with other snacks if you dont have an Indo-Pak store near you.

Besides that, good luck with your weight loss journey.

Assalamalaikum.
Wa Alaikum Salam

Thank you sister. So much I dont know why i didnt think of that yes we have some. they are a bit of a distance from me but its doable. Thank you! Jezakallah Kheir!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #4  

I am not a muslim but I live with many muslims around. I know about halal food and its one thing that I really appreciate especially coming from a place where money hungry businessmen are slaughtering all kinds of animals including dogs and cats and selling them as genuine meat.
Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

asalaam alaykoum wa ramatoullahi wa barakatouhou

first off, welcome to Islam, jazakAllahu khair for your conversion. may Allah protect you. I am a convert myself as well

I used to be on this forum a lot, but I started working again and then I gained back 10 lbs! So now I am back to get rid of these last 10 lbs once and for all!

as far as snack foods, I can definitely help you - what kind of food plan (I avoid the word "diet" LOL) are you following?

Of course - veggies and fruits are the best snacks and are 100% halal!

There is also this great website where you can type in basically any food and it will tell you if it's halal or haram. For example, even french fries at McD are haram because they put meat flavoring on them, sick! Anyway, it has tons of great info here: http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/
alouati is offline   Reply With Quote