Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Default IP Daily Chat Jan 9th, 2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #2  

Have a weigh in today, my 15th. so excited.

like meeting my coach and getting encouraged and getting the push i need.
as of yesterday i am doing ip bootcamp 5 packets plus 4 cups veggies.

scale had not moved since dec 19th. had been doing little itty bitty cheats.

need to take control. have taken control. last few pounds.

love all the support here.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #3  

It looks like when the thread was started today, a lot of the links did not copy correctly. Here is the intro message WITH links, for all of our new folks

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-09-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

My WI is today as well, although I do my 'official' weigh-ins at home on my scale, before breakfast and minus clothing. I'm down another 1.5 so I'm halfway to goal.

I will be meeting with my doctor this morning to go over my initial blood work, although I'm not sure how relevant it's going to be, now over a month after the fact. I expect my results would be a bit different already if they were done today. It's going to be interesting since I've not pre-ordered any food from my coach. I'm getting everything I need online and have also started using alternatives. I just can't justify the higher prices just to keep my coach in business. I do want to continue being monitored by my doctor's office, but after skipping 2 weeks while I was on vacation, I've definitely shown myself that I don't need weekly 'coaching.'

Hope you all have a great day!! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by bubbleblower; 01-09-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
My WI is today as well, although I do my 'official' weigh-ins at home on my scale, before breakfast and minus clothing. I'm down another 1.5 so I'm halfway to goal.

I will be meeting with my doctor this morning to go over my initial blood work, although I'm not sure how relevant it's going to be, now over a month after the fact. I expect my results would be a bit different already if they were done today. It's going to be interesting since I've not pre-ordered any food from my coach. I'm getting everything I need online and have also started using alternatives. I just can't justify the higher prices just to keep my coach in business. I do want to continue being monitored by my doctor's office, but after skipping 3 weeks while I was on vacation, I've definitely shown myself that I don't need weekly 'coaching.'

Hope you all have a great day!! Keep up the good work!
Great loss, congrats on making it half way to goal.
Awesome job on self-monitoring. that's the best thing to do. 14 day vacation and you stayed OP, that is fabulous. hats off to you.

i have found a like minded coach, she is non judgemental, but honest, spiritual and i love her. she does not watch what i buy from the clinic.

looking forward to meeting her later on.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Great loss, congrats on making it half way to goal.
Awesome job on self-monitoring. that's the best thing to do. 14 day vacation and you stayed OP, that is fabulous. hats off to you.

i have found a like minded coach, she is non judgemental, but honest, spiritual and i love her. she does not watch what i buy from the clinic.

looking forward to meeting her later on.
Thanks, Sonya! Your results and pics certainly have been inspirational! I'm hoping my coach's reaction will be the same as yours. She seemed to be pretty open-minded when I first brought up that I was using Egg Beaters and EAS shakes as alternatives, so hopefully it's going to be a non-issue.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone.

I seem to be retaining a little fluid today - I maybe didn't get quiet enough water yesterday. . .. or who knows??

I feel a little headachy and thirsty too - - - so maybe moving into ketosis??

Have a great day!!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

WI day for me too today, and I am actually expecting not to have lost - not because of cheats, but I have felt so good about exercising I've done it just about every day. Never a hard burn - 30 minutes of light to medium exercise (Wii Fit or a Couch to 5K walk/jog alternating days) - but I can feel that my leg muscles are strengthening =). We'll see what the scale and measuring tape have to say, but I'm not worried either way - my clothes are still fitting better and I feel great!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post

I will be meeting with my doctor this morning to go over my initial blood work, although I'm not sure how relevant it's going to be, now over a month after the fact. I expect my results would be a bit different already if they were done today. It's going to be interesting since I've not pre-ordered any food from my coach. I'm getting everything I need online and have also started using alternatives. I just can't justify the higher prices just to keep my coach in business. I do want to continue being monitored by my doctor's office, but after skipping 3 weeks while I was on vacation, I've definitely shown myself that I don't need weekly 'coaching.'
I'm guessing all is well with your blood results. My doc CALLED when mine showed thyroid outta whack & I started on meds the day I retuned home (and have eliminated packets containing soy protein, which is known to be hard on thyroid AND affects absorbsion of the new meds).

I don't really feel the need for weekly coaching at this point, into the 6th month of Phase 1, however with the large amt of weight I have to lose overall and my history of not mantanng a healthy weight in my adult life, I WILL need the support in maintenance so I'm sticking with the clinic, which means paying.

Everyone has different needs regarding a coach.

Congrats on your WI! The thing driving me crazy about not going in in over 2 weeks is not knowing my WL number. But it really doesn't matter in the big scheme: I'm fitting into clothes that didnt fit BEFORE vacation (never before in my life did I come home from a vacation SMALLER than when I left). I finally got the wii hooked up last nite and will get batteries for the wii fit today and THEN I will have a scale at home. Then we'll see how THAT goes!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #10  

GOOD LUCK AT WI EVERYONE!!!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #11  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Up at 5:30 this morning and my car won't start {again} due to the cold. No gym for me... I just couldn't bring myself to wake up my husband to start it.

No worries, as I will be going back to the gym at 9:00 this morning for another class -- but I keep wishing I would still be back snuggled in my bed instead of awake at an odd hour.

Sometimes being awake super early when the rest of the house is quiet and sleeping is wonderful, however... I'm learning to cherish it since we've been having some -25 degree mornings around here and my car does NOT like it!

Here's to a fantastic OP day to everyone! Good luck to those having WIs today and I'm sending confidence to those that find themselves struggling with good food choices today! We can do it... we ARE doing it!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #12  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
WI day for me too today, and I am actually expecting not to have lost - not because of cheats, but I have felt so good about exercising I've done it just about every day. Never a hard burn - 30 minutes of light to medium exercise (Wii Fit or a Couch to 5K walk/jog alternating days) - but I can feel that my leg muscles are strengthening =). We'll see what the scale and measuring tape have to say, but I'm not worried either way - my clothes are still fitting better and I feel great!
You may be surprised at the WI. I know I was, after two weeks of being in the water a lot scuba diving. I could tell that the toning in my legs was improving, so I was ready for minimal loss at my WIs. It turned out I was happily surprised. Anyway, like you said, the proof is in the fit of your clothing and how you feel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm guessing all is well with your blood results. My doc CALLED when mine showed thyroid outta whack & I started on meds the day I retuned home (and have eliminated packets containing soy protein, which is known to be hard on thyroid AND affects absorbsion of the new meds).

I don't really feel the need for weekly coaching at this point, into the 6th month of Phase 1, however with the large amt of weight I have to lose overall and my history of not maintaining a healthy weight in my adult life, I WILL need the support in maintenance so I'm sticking with the clinic, which means paying.

Everyone has different needs regarding a coach.

Congrats on your WI! The thing driving me crazy about not going in in over 2 weeks is not knowing my WL number. But it really doesn't matter in the big scheme: I'm fitting into clothes that didnt fit BEFORE vacation (never before in my life did I come home from a vacation SMALLER than when I left). I finally got the wii hooked up last nite and will get batteries for the wii fit today and THEN I will have a scale at home. Then we'll see how THAT goes!
Yeah, I think if there were anything dramatic in my blood workup they would have had me back in there quickly. They already told me there was nothing earth shattering.

And I hear ya re: not knowing your weight while on vacation. I knew I wasn't going to be happy with not being able to keep tabs on my weight, so I actually bought a scale the first day we arrived. I was lucky to find the same exact model (a Weight Watchers digital scale). Of course this wouldn't have worked if I had to lug it around in my suitcase , but it works for me since I was just able to leave it for next time we're there next month.

Good luck with WI!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #14  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me
Wow!!! CONGRATS!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!

Closed Thread