View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #9
bubbleblower
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/140.2/134

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
Diet aside, along with all the real reasons for not cheating, but, how in the world do you plan to go to a wine tasting and only have ONE glass? This is both unrealistic and just plain torture. Why do that to yourself???? Maybe still go to the event, but don't even have that one glass. Enjoy the company of your friends. And, most likely, you will be the talk of the evening by being the 'water drinker' at a wine tasting. Drive your friends, then you can say you are the DD and not even have to bring up the IP Program.
Giving up wine with dinner was one of the toughest parts of committing to this program for me. I started just 2 weeks before Christmas, and had a number of parties and dinners to attend over the holidays. It didn't take long for me to realize that everyone really appreciated having a DD available, and I found that I didn't miss the wine so much after all. In fact, despite telling myself it was okay to have a few sips of champagne for a toast on NYE, I decided not to when midnight actually rolled around. It was pretty powerful to me that I was able to give it a pass, purely by choice.

Being "disqualified" somehow from the program was never a concern of mine. To me it's more about sticking to a commitment I made to - and for - myself. It's just not worth blowing that for one night or one drink ...

(BTW, I have to say that at this point I'm seriously rethinking whether I want all those empty calories to be part of my life again once I finally reach goal. I really can't say I even miss it anymore. Amazing what just a month can do!)

bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote