Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/243/140

Height: 5'4

Default Hair??

Ok so I have been flipping through weight loss blogs, weight loss facebook pages etc and see all these women in their before and after shots.

They go from so so hair to super model lucious locks.

Is this the case? Am I going to go from thin crappy wont hold a curl for 0.05 seconds to boucny flouncy lush thick gorgeous hair?

I'm really hoping for but I'm afraid thats not the case..LOL
DieselEmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

hm, ive never noticed this. i expected the opposite to be honest, after a radical weight loss your stress hormones are through the roof aka hair loss. but if theyre eating well and dieting properly it makes sense; they are probably eating better and getting the right vitamins in.

hair is made up of protein. eat more of it!
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

My take on it is that when you lose weight, you tend to become more self confident and start to look after yourself better.
Because you can wear prettier / sexier clothes, you work on the whole package - which includes your locks.

I must say that is how I see myself. But I have seen some really beautiful before pictures. I admire women that look good no matter what size they are, I envy that ability. I am definitely no plus size model, I'm more of a blob when I am at my highest weight.

Here's to see our "luscious locks" in our after photos!!
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Yes, plus the before photos tend to be soem random photo they grabbed ... whereas I think people try to really look their best in the after photos!

But I do think a large part of it is that many people start putting more effort into their looks as they lose weight. I for one do that!
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #5  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Well, I always had awesome hair... It's probably the only thing I ever really liked about how I looked! But my life went to **** --> my weight went to **** --> my hair went to ****!!

Now I've lost 20lbs, my life has got better, and I'm starting to recognise my hair again... All these things seem to tie in together. When I didn't care about my life any more, I didn't care about my weight or my hair either. Quality of life and self esteem and weight and hair are, for me, directly proportional.

Actually I'm really enjoying the change in my hair in my progress photos, as it's improving faster than my weight is, lol
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote