Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Question IP Chocolate Drink Alternative

My favorite packet on IP was always the chocolate drink. After a while, the only things i got were boxes of the chocolate drink and some bars for a treat. I'm attempting IP again with alternatives and have yet to find something that comes close. Any suggestions? I've tried Isopure (gagged it down), EAS Advantedge (do-able), and Atkins (the best yet). I REALLY don't want to go back to my clinic because they're going to make me pay the joining fee again. Some people have mentioned ordering IP packets online, any suggestions for that (i might break down and just get some chocolate drinks)? OR any alternative chocolate drink suggestions that i haven't tried?
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #2  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

http://www.plainprotein.com for the actual IP products.

Check out the different chocolate drinks on http://www.nashuanutrition.com
I haven't tried any of those yet, but I know other people on here have.
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #3  

Thank you!!! I've been trying to use alternatives to save money, but i really miss the IP chocolate drink and have been curious about some of the new products. I might break down and buy a box as a treat.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 277.8/240/190

Height: 5'8

I have ordered Healthsmart Chocorite Chocolate Brownie Fudge shake and the peanut butter flavor from http://www4.netrition.com/healthsmar...in_shakes.html. Sometimes I use a scoop of each & tastes like peanut butter cup. They are kind of high protein, but absolutely taste wonderful and are $11.79 per bag.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (38g)
Servings Per Container: about 11

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 150

Calories From Fat 20

Total Fat 3 g 5%

Saturated Fat 1.5 g 8%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 40 mg 2%

Total Carbohydrates 8 g 3%

Dietary Fiber 5 g 20%

Sugars 0 g

Show Net Carbs

Protein 24 g

Vitamin A 15%
smjohnso69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Sadly, I have not yet found a substitute and will likely order the real thing on line for a treat (even in maintenance!). I've grown to like drinking it cold with crushed ice; I used it for hot chocolate for over 6 months prior.

What doesn't even come close in taste: anything with stevia (too sweet), Synthrax (which a lot of people like), HealthWise (don't get me started), Joe Robb (whey or egg), Betty Lou...

Right now I committed to a big container of Market Pantry (Target) mix. It dissolves completely (doesn't get that thickness that IP has) and tastes kind of off, but it is $18 for 25 servings, is a little higher in protein (25g) and calories (150) while low in carbs (5g/1g fiber) and sugars plus sweetened with acesulfame potassium and sucralose. I'm kind of getting used to it but still prefer the IP.

I've even googled the ingredients list hoping I could find something else with the same ingredients. Trying to figure out which company makes it, but no luck. So frustrating!
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Did you try Premier Nutrition ones at Costco? They taste close to the IP ready to drink ones to me. Other people say they don't taste the same.

I don't know where you are located. If by chance you are in Canada the ones at the Dr Berenstien clinics are the same ones as IP but much cheaper.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #7  

Don't know about the OP, but I never liked the ready-to-drink ones nearly as much as the drink mix.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Don't know about the OP, but I never liked the ready-to-drink ones nearly as much as the drink mix.
I also have not found a RTD that I like as much. I even tried putting the RTDs in a blender with some ice, to kind of aerate them a little, and even added some extra cocoa to them....drinkable, but not the same.

I am waiting for my Nashua order with sample of some of the Syntrax Nectar flavors....keep hoping for a good substitute. We do not have Costco near us, or I'd be in there getting the Premier Nutrition.

Good luck with the search. Keep us posted with your findings.
SassyGirl424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/160/140

Height: 5'3"

I use the Pure Protein Chocolate Frosty as a more affordable shake mix. It is lower in carbs than the IP and does not count as restricted. It's really good. 25g of Protein, 3g carbs. The vanilla one from Pure Protein I didn't like but I use the chocolate almost every day!

I have also ordered genuine IP products from www.plainprotein.com
If you wanted to try official check out joining Ideal-to-go (much cheaper than a clinic and they sell the WF products!)

Hope this helps!!!! You can do it
karcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I have the protithin hot chocolate 2 times a day. Absolutely love it! It's the closest thing I could find to the IP chocolate drink packet. I order from Nashua.

Whenever someone comes into my office at work while I am drinking it they always comment on how good it smells.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Sadly, I have not yet found a substitute and will likely order the real thing on line for a treat (even in maintenance!). I've grown to like drinking it cold with crushed ice; I used it for hot chocolate for over 6 months prior.

What doesn't even come close in taste: anything with stevia (too sweet), Synthrax (which a lot of people like), HealthWise (don't get me started), Joe Robb (whey or egg), Betty Lou...

Right now I committed to a big container of Market Pantry (Target) mix. It dissolves completely (doesn't get that thickness that IP has) and tastes kind of off, but it is $18 for 25 servings, is a little higher in protein (25g) and calories (150) while low in carbs (5g/1g fiber) and sugars plus sweetened with acesulfame potassium and sucralose. I'm kind of getting used to it but still prefer the IP.

I've even googled the ingredients list hoping I could find something else with the same ingredients. Trying to figure out which company makes it, but no luck. So frustrating!
Hi there! What is the name of the chocolate drink from Target? Market Pantry?

Here is one on sale at Target Pure Protein!

http://www.target.com/p/pure-protein...s/-/A-12634508
brunette8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #12  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I've used a few different protein powders over the past months, but the line I like the best is ChocoRite. I notice that someone else mentioned it above. Each suggested serving is 24proteins, so I just use 1.5 scoops/shake.

I've most recently been using ChocoRite's Chocolate Supreme. So far, the best substitute I've found for IP's chocolate drink. (Which I also loved). It heats up well in the microwave to make a nice hot chocolate drink. I've also been using ChocoRite's Cappuccino shakemix for months. It makes a good substitute for IP's cappuccino, when blended into fresh decaf coffee.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I have the protithin hot chocolate 2 times a day. Absolutely love it! It's the closest thing I could find to the IP chocolate drink packet. I order from Nashua.

Whenever someone comes into my office at work while I am drinking it they always comment on how good it smells.
I have a bucket of this, it is very close and for the price worth it. I do miss the IP chocolate packets the most. They get really frothy and taste delicious. The protithin is good and I think it's closer to a buck a serving.

I bought a 4 pack of the Pure Protein shakes the other day at WalMart, they're pretty good and I would buy them again.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #14  

I was given the name of a site that sells IP products at a discounted rate ($24.99 per box) and turned onto Proti-Diet products. A few of you have mentioned that they really like the Proti-Diet chocolate shakes and hot chocolate. I've been burned so many times when buying alternatives, and i'm reluctant to order it. Honestly, how close is it to iP???
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #15  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

I like the Pure Protein frosty chocolate RTD.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote