UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #1  
Define yourself.

S/C/G: 253/235/155

Height: 5"7

Cool Fresh meat in 2013!

Good afternoon ladies (and gents?). My name is Drizzz and I am on route to the first day of the rest of my life. I'm sure there will be a large influx of members from the UK and all over following NY with resutions, but I've come with a realisation. I've realised that I've lived a life I don't want to live for 23 years, and now I'm about to completely overhaul it all.

I have no action plan, other than to eat green and get lean.
I have no promises to keep, only to myself so I can't let anyone down.
There is no pressure from anyone to do it, and true to my character and I willing to go it alone. I am a loner; but I'll revel in the attention I get when I start my new life.
I have no "end time", no time when I will be accomplished, but I do have a start time. This time will be the first day of my life. The first day I look at myself and feel complete adoration for myself. Self worth. Self love. Self recognition. And until that day, I'll be preparing patiently for life to begin.

I may seem unprepared for what is to come, but this is where you guys come in. I am fully aware I need to do this, nobody else can. But I do not want a "diet". I want to be completely able to enjoy my life, not calorie count, but make conscious decisions to enable me to control what has become something of an addiction to food.

My only "long term goal" is to be fit enough, and thin enough to join a social football team! Haha.

Anyway, that's a fair intro, I think!
I wish all of you fat fighters luck in your own quest for happiness.
Drizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/241/180

Height: 5ft 2

HI Drizzz

I found this site yesterday so we're both pretty much in the same boat. I totally agree with you about not wanting to be on a diet. I want to eat healthily long term, and have a better relationship with food.
Ive tried to lose weight half heartedly before but really want to do something now as Im at my heaviest and so want to change that.

Good luck on your weight loss journey, here's to us both being losers!

Sharon
Sharelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #3  
Define yourself.

Hi Sharon, pleased to meet you!

I wish you all the best in your plight and hopefully our paths will cross on here more often! Can't say I'm an avid forum user, but I'd like to keep track of my progress somewhere relatively anonymous :P
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/241/180

Height: 5ft 2

I feel the same about the anonymity lol
I've been reading loads on here today and posted on a few threads too. Im trying to get some of the positivity to rub off on me =)

Fingers crossed hey!
Sharelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #5  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Drizz and welcome!

I love the 'non-dieting' vibe, and help and support this place can offer in abundance. TBH, I think you sound plenty prepared enough, you seem to have the mental stuff sorted and that's the main battle, and will make the good choices come easier for now and forever, so, GO YOU!

I hope to see a lot more of you around as you embark on your journey
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:250lbs/CW:249bs /GW:150lbs

Height: 5ft 5

Hi Drizz! I'm also new to the site and hoping that this site and all the success and good attitudes on here will rub off! good luck
lhanna200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #7  
Define yourself.

Hey folks.

I'm pretty adament to move forward with my life at this point. I envy everybody else's life because I'm ashamed of my own. I'm depressed because I'm fat, and I'm fat because I have a shocking relationship with food; The age old favourite 'I eat because I am unhappy.'

I've come to realise I have an "addictive personality." Or, in a less tarted up version, I've no willpower. Yet I can be so articulate and very competitive in other things: Projects.

It's going to be an awfy long journey to the top, but I have to do this for me. Project me.

Good luck to each and every one of you and I hope I see you all around for my version of Rent-A-Crowd :P

Much love!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/172/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Drizzz

Another Jan newbie here. I'm using MyFitnessPal to calorie count and log my food because to me, that feels like my project plan (I like projects too!).

I was just wondering out of interest, how you are going to be making these changes to your relationship with food without following a diet or calorie count? I ask because I know (as I've tried in the past) that without an external structure to follow, I can get lost in the choices available and just revert to old habits, so am very interested in how others manage it.

Cofa
Cofa Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #9  
Stick to your guns!

S/C/G: 306.8/299.4/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello people!
Firstly I have to say, Drizzz , WOW! What a speach/blog/rant! That was fab ... and we're totally in the same boat
Good luck!
DoughDoh is offline   Reply With Quote