Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #1  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

Default Moving while on IP

Has anyone ever done this?

We are moving in two weeks and I don't want to over do it. I figured because when you exercise you should take an extra packet that I should also take one. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Although I don't really like the thought of everyone having pizza while I sip on my IP drink and chew on some celery I've been on the diet since September and I still crave it. Does anyone still crave bad food? I still catch myself saying "I could go for pizza" (or another food) far too often.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish246 View Post
Has anyone ever done this?

We are moving in two weeks and I don't want to over do it. I figured because when you exercise you should take an extra packet that I should also take one. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Although I don't really like the thought of everyone having pizza while I sip on my IP drink and chew on some celery I've been on the diet since September and I still crave it. Does anyone still crave bad food? I still catch myself saying "I could go for pizza" (or another food) far too often.
If you know you're going to be hauling boxes and furniture, I would say add an egg to your breakfast, and then keep an extra packet or bar handy (if you're doing a LOT of lifting, the carbs from an extra restricted while you're moving stuff will help). Also drink plenty of water!

Sure the cravings happen - but the trick is remembering that those are MENTAL cravings - not really physical hunger. Your brain is trying to sabotage your efforts. So when that happens, I just remind myself who is in control - ME!!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I get those type of "head" cravings still. I face them head on to address what is causing them and try to find solutions to change my way of thinking. This might mean diversions or distractions to stop the cycle. Or it might mean giving in but in a healthy IP acceptable way. I.e. I always crave Starbucks Gingerbread lattes when they come out each year. This year, I found other options like IP Vanilla pudding mixed with coffee instead of water and thinner to make a creamy drink. Then I added gingerbread spices (I sometimes use powder, sometimes sugar-free syrup), heat and enjoy. I don't feel like I'm missing out then but have made the food acceptable to my terms.

Pizza - try the cauliflower crust recipe that you can find in one of the recipe threads. Top with veggies and even a bit of soy cheese. It might be difficult to manage this on moving day but maybe you can enjoy it prior to moving and set up a date for yourself to have it shortly after moving. So you aren't being deprived, your just choosing pizza on your schedule and your way.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #4  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

Thanks ladies!

I have tried the cauliflower crust but didn't like it (hubby made it, maybe I'll have to try making it lol). I did like when I made pizza using portobello mushrooms. I guess it helped for a bit, but I still crave my cheese and bread. So far I haven't given in and have been able to say no.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

I moved and didn't have any issues at all with it. I just made sure to have an extra unrestricted packet with me if I needed it, plus lots of hard boiled egg whites (they are a freebie) and veggies.

It was a big help and give me a boost in the loss department too.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote