Old 01-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/220/180

Height: 6' 0"

Default Hitting the plateau mentally and physically

The last couple of weeks I have been having trouble staying positive. I start to feel like my whole life revolves around the number on the scale! I feel like I have hit a mental "plateau". The first 2 months went by sooo fast and I dropped 25 pounds. Now it seems like days are going in slow motion and the scale hardly moves...I have 4 more months to go and I'm so worried I won't hit my goal. Has anyone else felt like this while on program? I need to snap out of it! I guess I just gotta keep pushing through one day at a time.
Laura M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura M View Post
The last couple of weeks I have been having trouble staying positive. I start to feel like my whole life revolves around the number on the scale! I feel like I have hit a mental "plateau". The first 2 months went by sooo fast and I dropped 25 pounds. Now it seems like days are going in slow motion and the scale hardly moves...I have 4 more months to go and I'm so worried I won't hit my goal. Has anyone else felt like this while on program? I need to snap out of it! I guess I just gotta keep pushing through one day at a time.
Laura, hang in there we have all been in your shoes I myself just recently but guess what I am on maintenance now as of Friday so you just have to wake up and say ok I'm going to do this, I have never reached my goals on Amy other diet but this is a lifestyle change and yes you will venture off but remember to always get back on plan it's so worth it, my body stopped on its own and that's when I realized I was ready to move on but I feel great and I've lost a lot of weight and tons of inches have a awesome BMI and body fat%. I have always weighed myself every day to keep in check it helps me. Just keep checking back on these forums there is a lot of support here!! Goodluck stay positive
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #3  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura M View Post
I guess I just gotta keep pushing through one day at a time.
Laura, I can definitely relate! Having to weigh-in twice a week really, really got to me after a couple of months on program. I had no idea we'd get one menu and that was it. So I began to question why I needed to keep going in! I could work the menu just fine and they weren't giving me any additional support it seemed. And weighing in constantly can be frustrating because I did want this to be about the lifestyle, and not just the numbers. But you know what, the program works. The accountability is important. And you hit the nail on the head - just keep pushing through one day at a time. Vent to your consultants if you're getting frustrated - they are there on your dime and they can take it! And take advantage of the classes and boot camps your center does so that you can be there when it's not just about the numbers. That made a difference for me.

Hope that helps - so glad your first two months were so successful! Hope to hear of continued success from you.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/220/180

Height: 6' 0"

Thanks for the support. I think I am frustrated because my coach left for another job with hardly any notice. I live 75 miles from the center so I visit every other week. She had been calling me twice a week to check in and it helped a lot. I don't know any of the other coaches and I guess my info was not passed on because I haven't gotten a single call and nobody had looked at my file since my last visit. I will be bringing this up on Wednesday when I go to weigh in. I have a scale at home and I started to weigh myself every day but that is making me feel worse because I seem to be stuck for the last 2 weeks. It really helps to know that others have felt this way. *I CAN do this*!!!
Laura M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #5  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Laura- I would be really upset about that too. The "personal touch" is exactly why I chose Metabolic Research Center. I think I might be able to do this myself- but I wanted that accountability.

I'm feeling confident that you will find a new consultant that you like when you go in.

Also- why don't you try to find a local exercise class that is a bit more holistic- perhaps yoga. That can remind you that it's not just about the scale, but wellness and transforming your life.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Laura -

Keep up the good work. I know that I felt "off" when my consultant left in the beginning but I really connected with another lady who had been through the weight loss journey and really seemed to help me even more.

Realize that this is your journey... you have the tools, you have the knowledge, you just need to keep your head straight. I often say that the majority of my weight loss has been mental and preparedness... planning my food, my water, my drinks...everything. I also know, for me, rest and water were two MAJOR factors in plateaus... sometimes you can't help lack of sleep, but a few more zzzzzzs and it seems to help...

Hang in there!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #7  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Oh wow - you all have coaches who handle you personally? I'm handed off randomly to a different consultant every time I walk in. And I've never gotten phone calls during the week. Now you're making me feel bad - like I've paid just as much money and am not getting the same level of support! But then again if you can only go in every two weeks, that's a big difference. I'm there twice a week.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you lost your coach. But 25 lbs in two months is nothing to sneeze at! Seriously - be proud of how far you came and know that you did that work, not your coach. Keep it up. You are right, you CAN do it. You've already proven that!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Oh wow - you all have coaches who handle you personally? I'm handed off randomly to a different consultant every time I walk in. And I've never gotten phone calls during the week. Now you're making me feel bad - like I've paid just as much money and am not getting the same level of support! But then again if you can only go in every two weeks, that's a big difference. I'm there twice a week.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you lost your coach. But 25 lbs in two months is nothing to sneeze at! Seriously - be proud of how far you came and know that you did that work, not your coach. Keep it up. You are right, you CAN do it. You've already proven that!
going4fit: I weigh in weekly and if i had to wait a couple days past when i was due to go in my center would call me to make sure i was okay! Also i would see different conselors too but that was because i didn't call in every week and make a appt with a certain one, all the ones at my center are awesome so i never had any problems!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

I'm with you Going4fit...I don't get calls and get a different coach each time too...hmmm

Hang in there Laura...you always have us!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #10  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Oh wow - you all have coaches who handle you personally? I'm handed off randomly to a different consultant every time I walk in.
I think they would pass me off randomly if given the chance. However, I make it a point to schedule appointments with the same coach for a couple weeks in advanced. The consultants at my center get paid on commission per pound lost of their clients. So I'd like to try to pick one coach and stick with them.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote