Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat Jan 7 - Jan 13

I'm so proud of not nibbling on cranberry/nut bread yesterday that I'm ready to declare the Eating Season over. Done. It's new year time.

My brain is full time wanting my leg to heal completely. I'm good enough to walk; I no longer have a cast; I'm not limping. But I want it all healed. NOW. Friends laugh at me telling me that their break took a full year to heal. We maintainers should have achieved patience by now.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
We maintainers should have achieved patience by now.
I must have missed that in the guidebook.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #3  
Chuggin' along...

Oh, I'm supposed to be patient? Nobody told me! Good luck with that, Bill. Sending *patiencevibes* your way. I do think you have good incentive to take it as the doctor prescribes. You don't want to risk re-injury and an every longer recovery. Good job for avoiding the bread yesterday.

I was rather dismayed at the baby shower yesterday by the lack of anything green or even fruit for the brunch shower, but I gave myself a pat for eating small portions of the best choices I could make, and trying to enjoy my friends rather than focus on food. I took small portions of the "healthiest" (I use the term loosely) items, skipped most of the multiple desserts minus half of the piece of cake that was handed to me, and drank water rather than the punch and mimosas. I guess the weight gods appreciated my efforts bc the scale is finally starting to descend from its holiday/vacation heights.

I went early to the shower to help decorate and all in all, ended up with a 5 hour event. I thought I'd have a bit more time in my day. A dog walk, making dinner (healthy one that will last a few nights), and a phone call to my mom and the weekend was gone. More of the same in the office this week. It's a rather boring time of year at work. I'm not good at sitting in front of the computer.

How was everybody's weekend?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Bill, glad you're out of a cast! I hope it all heals quickly.

Megan, I'm really surprised that a brunch shower didn't even have fruit. I mean, usually baby showers have SOME healthy food because the expectant mom is supposed to be eating healthy.

I had a decent weekend. DH is still sick, but between getting him some real-deal Sudafed (the kind I had to have my driver's license scanned and sign for at the pharmacy counter) and having him sleep propped up on pillows instead of flat, he seems to be much improved this morning. That is, he only spent two minutes hacking up a lung when he got up instead of ten! He's still working from home today but will be back in the office tomorrow.

While he stayed on the couch all weekend (to be fair, he cooked for me, did the laundry, and did the dishes), I took Carter for a nice long walk and went to a prenatal yoga class. We had a hilarious moment on our walk when we crossed the street near where I thought someone had left a coat lying next to the piled-up snow on their driveway, and all of a sudden what I thought was a coat moved! Carter started barking because he was as startled as me. Turns out a kid was excavating a tunnel through the giant snowpile and only his legs were sticking out the back, and I thought his legs were just some abandoned clothing. Then on our way home Carter got nervous because there was a plastic bag blowing around on someone's yard and he thought it was some kind of scary creature. Gotta love dogs.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

What is this "patience" you speak of?

I had a pretty productive weekend. 6 mile walk with the dogs on Saturday and 7.5 on Sunday. Also ran 3 on the treadmill Sunday, did 2 loads of wash, cleaned the refrigerator and still got to watch football!

Trying very hard to keep this organization and momentum I have going!

Hope everyone has a great first full week of the new year!!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

I'm hoping to get some grapefruit in the mail this week, so be on the lookout you two who are recipients. I've been told that they are juicy and delicious (I'll find out myself later this morning).

Hoping to get in some treadmill time tonight. What do they say--you shouldn't exercise close to bedtime? I'm striving for 7 PM--after dinner, but 2 to 3 hours before I usually turn in.

We went to see Life of Pi yesterday (Django Unchained will have to wait until after our vacation). I liked it. It followed the book quite well.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #7  

Hi Bill,

Good luck with your patience thing, let me know if you find out how to attain it!

Happy to report that Day Two of my "quasi-cleanse" (no processed sugar or chocolate in any form) was a success. Tough as it usually is. Day Three (today) will be somewhat easier if past withdrawal periods are any indication.

When Bill attains patience and I attain total food equanimity the angels will rejoice. In the meantime I am willing to slog through and do what I gotta do to get back on track. It can be sloppy work this maintenance thing!
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMohr View Post
Hi Bill,

It can be sloppy work this maintenance thing!
And forever ! ( in my case )
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all! I'm back at my house this evening. For the next weekend sit (happening in 2 weekends) I WILL buy some of my own food. I ate waaay too much organic peanut butter and stuff, fooling myself in saying it's healthier. It might be re ingredients but the calorie count is still pretty high.

And the loaf of organic banana bread that I kept toasting and spreading with same PB was delicious but in no way a maintenance food.

I did eat an interesting kale salad that I bought from the organic food market. Kinda tasty but not worth $10 .

Good week all! DH is cooking tonite so I'm happy!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

If patience is a virtue, I am not the least bit virtuous.

I am very ready to be back to my routines. Younger dd leaves tomorrow, and older dd leaves Friday (or Saturday I don't remember now). Until then, it's still tricky to eat healthy, get to the gym, etc. But I'm trying.......
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hello maintainers,

I managed to keep my weight within 0.8 lb of itself all weekend, which required restraint on my part. My roommate got a new job working at a preschool! I am looking forward to having a nice boring week.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #12  
Workin' It

My week is off to an pretty okay start, other than not getting enough sleep last night. Weight is the same today as Friday, which I'm taking as a good sign from the weekend as it is normally up.

I'm about to head right back into busy weeks, with having to go out and audit I9 forms and train people on the EVerify system. Lots of driving in the net few weeks. Again.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #13  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Peeled off half of the holiday gains (the easy part), and am back to the normal routine. Going back under 150 was a major boost - whew! Now to consistently behave like I never want to see that number again.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #14  
Workin' It

Woo Becky!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post

Peeled off half of the holiday gains (the easy part), and am back to the normal routine. Going back under 150 was a major boost - whew! Now to consistently behave like I never want to see that number again.
That 150 number means something to me, when I was over 200 pounds and started a diet I set my goal at 150, someone said,"well, you'll still be obese".
150 pounds is not a healthy weight for someone just 5' tall. I just didn't have the confidence that I could ever get to 150.I have lowered my goal several times since that wake up call.