Old 01-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #1  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Moving Killed My Weight Loss - I'm Back...

Right back to where I started at 300+ pounds after losing almost 60lbs between 2011 and 2012.

Towards the end of 2011 I moved to SC from VA and my weight loss stalled, but I was able to get back on track. Last August I moved to Texas, and my weight loss not only stalled, but I succumbed to all the yummy TexMex food, and lack of exercise facilities and gained every single pound back.

The only thing I can claim to have kept on track is my no soda rule... I still drink tons of water every day.

My January Health/Fitness Resolutions include to try this challenge thingy I saw on facebook, and a few of my friends are doing, and if anyone wants to join me, by all means please do... I could use all the support and help I can get.

Also, I am going to try to walk at least 30 minutes per day to start building my stamina back up, because I was to the point where I could get up the stairs quickly without being winded, and now I can't even get all the way up the stairs before I start breathing heavy. THIS SUCKS.

I have to improvise a bit when it comes to exercising, as space here is quite limited, and all the gyms require a 1 year membership, and we're only going to be here for 7 more months. I have a couple wii games (a aerobic boxing game, wii fit, and a walking game) that I will rotate for cardio, and then my strength training will be the squats thing...

I'm not going to mess with my diet *too* much at the moment, just scale back on the horrible for me stuff that I've been eating way too much of, because I can't afford to throw out all the food in the house and start fresh. I'll work on that as grocery days come around.

My first *weigh in* in months will come at the end of January. I really don't want to worry about the number on the scale as much as I want to focus on feeling better.

Anyway. I'm back. Fat took the last round, but it won't win the fight.

Happy new year!

Last edited by konfyoozed; 01-01-2013 at 03:30 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

You can do it. I've regained 10 pounds that I've been gaining and losing this past year. I'm getting back on track too, and my first step is to acknowledge it. I'm putting my current weight on my ticker and in my info section.
I know moving is stressful.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I'm glad to see you're back, Mandy. I wish you luck in this new phase! you did so well in 2011 that I just know you're going to get this under control again. Happy New Year.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #4  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi Mandy,

Remember me from the Monthly OP Daily Checkin? I wondered if you made the move to Texas. I'm happy that you're settled in and are getting back on track. I have also gained about 20 pounds in the last 3 months and am so happy to be back on track. I wish you much success on this journey.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/196.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I am crawling back on the wagon too! I lost 105 pounds between Oct. 2010 and Nov. 2011 and thought I could maintain and actually lose while just cheating a little (ha!) So, I am back along with 39 pounds. Back to WW online and back to the support I receive from this wonderful group of people at 3FC.

I remember when you started, Konfyoozed, and you were really doing good when I fell off track. Let's get going again!
aml0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good luck!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #7  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Mandy - I'm back too. I was RIGGHHTTT around 230-240 in sept then I went and saw a dietitian/nutritionist at my school for extra help BIG MISTAKE. I SHOULD have been to about 225 ish by my vacation back in december guess what happened? I shot up to 280 TWO HUNDRED EIGHTY POUNDS. Right now I am back at roughly 275 and am DISGUSTED by this number. NONE of my pants fit. With it being roughly 30 degrees here every day I am stuck in sweat pants, pajama bottoms (really tight) skirts and dresses...oh what funn.... We will do this chica, we will both get to goal and overcome the pounds! oh and I know what you mean about the heavy breathing thing Im there too >.<

Mozzy- Had to say it, Love the pic of the Newf, My puppeh is a 2.5 yr old brown Newfoundland named teddy My teddy bear!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome-back, folks

I got all excited about getting back into a fitness plan... and immediately got a nasty cold/sinus infection/upper respiratory infection something full of coughing and mucus... also, possibly, an ear infection in my right ear pain and dizziness would have me believe. YAY WINTER. If it doesn't start to clear up by tomorrow, I'm taking my tush to the doctor for antibiotics.

The bad news is, I can't get going with the exercise. When I get started, I start coughing. The good news, such as it is, I'm not all that hungry... so I'm not eating much. Mostly I've just wanted buttered toast and orange or apple juice. Luckily I only work part time and can spend most of my day in bed with drugs that like to fight the sickness.

I did my squats on New Years Day... 5 sets of 5, with just a couple minutes in between. Yesterday I managed 2 sets of 5 before the sickness told me NO MA'AM. I haven't even tried today... Maybe later this evening I'll give it a shot.

I have boiled chicken breasts shredded up and in the crock pot with some hickory bbq sauce, so that'll be dinner.

*wanders off for drugs and a nap*
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back, Mandy! I totally remember you.

And I'm down for a squats challenge! I also have some sort of upper thing going on, but my saving grace is honey/cinnamon paste that I eat, lol, and some Vicks chesty cough. No lie, that's the name. Its the best cold med I've ever found. Hope you feel better!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #10  

Thanks Kateleestar! What is the honey/cinnamon paste? I love honey, and cinnamon... And if it helps with the snottiness then I'll try almost anything!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #11  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, Mandy (and SMSDREAMER2007)!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #12  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back to both Mandy and SMSDreamer2007!

Hope you're feeling better soon Mandy.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote